Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2021, 05:21 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisan10 View Post
Sadly, her wishes trump the baby's rights under current law but it doesn't change the fact that both living human individuals have equal rights to life.

Slave owners once believed their wishes trumped a slave's rights also, but that injustice was eventually corrected. It's only a matter of time before pre-born children's rights are recognized as well.
The woman is a full fledged living breathing independent person. In the womb it is potential life of a human, until born it doesn’t have equal rights.

Slavery and abortion are not comparable.

Old 09-23-2021, 05:21 PM

2,709 posts, read 1,039,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Neither is a clump of cells in a uterus.

You have your beliefs, I have mine.

Therefore, you should never have an abortion, and I support your belief not to.

My beliefs rule MY decisions.
When a human being is a living, growing fertilized egg, it has its own separate, unique, identifiable DNA.

Old 09-23-2021, 05:22 PM

Quote:
U.S. Constitution, Amendment 5:
No person shall...be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law...

U.S. Constitution, Amendment 14
...nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
You avoided answering if you support the death penalty or is only some lives worth saving?

Old 09-23-2021, 05:26 PM

48,524 posts, read 34,843,322 times
So should human chimeras be brought up on in utero murder charges?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-23-2021, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Women get to control their reproduction as they see fit, up until the point they have reproduced. Abortion isn't is a reproductive rights issue. By the time abortion happens reproduction has already occurred. Nobody has the right to kill a human that has already been produced. Abortion is not a reproductive decision, it is a parenting decision.
Women get to control their reproduction after they get pregnant as well. Call abortion what you will, it encompasses women’s health care. Mind your own sperm or uterus. Don’t like abortion don’t have one. Easy.

Old 09-23-2021, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
That means you are against the most common form of birth control. So now you would take away prevention measures as well. Your attitudes just keep getting worser and worser.

A fertilized egg does not take presidence over a iiving woman's right to control her own body. You are very mixed up on priorities. The pregnant woman's life is worth something. A fertilized egg is only potential.
There are forms of birth control that don't kill the pre-born child.

All human beings are created equal and have an equal right to life.

Old 09-23-2021, 05:29 PM

15,860 posts, read 6,322,813 times
Quote:
Women get to control their reproduction as they see fit, up until the point they have reproduced. Abortion isn't is a reproductive rights issue. By the time abortion happens reproduction has already occurred. Nobody has the right to kill a human that has already been produced. Abortion is not a reproductive decision, it is a parenting decision.
You are the last one to comment so that's why I am picking you to quote.

Do you really believe that people are for killing babies? Do you really think that is what's going on here? I don't think a fertilized egg is a baby. I put personhood (and that's what we are talking about here, not life. The sperm and the egg are both "living" so life begins way before conception) right about consciousness. Since we don't know how that works I'm also fine with viability being the cut-off point.

You start off your post trying to get ahead of the counter-accusation "you just want to control women" and say that doesn't apply but you delve right into murder. Those are two sides of the same coin and it has nothing to do with the actual issue. It's simply a distraction so people can virtue signal.

You are free to call a fertilized egg a baby. You are entitled to your opinion. You are NOT entitled to force your opinion on other people simply because you lack the ability to distinguish fact from opinion. You are not the boss of me.

Old 09-23-2021, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
You avoided answering if you support the death penalty or is only some lives worth saving?
Criminals have voluntary earned their sentences after having gone through due process.

Old 09-23-2021, 05:31 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times
Quote:
Preventing a fertilized egg (an identifiable living human individual) from implanting itself in the uterine wall is killing a baby.
It doesn't matter how many times you continue to treat your personal beliefs as science, you continue to be wrong.

But again, you are welcome to not have an abortion. No one is forcing that on you. Just keep your opinions out of anyone else's uterus and all is good.

Old 09-23-2021, 05:31 PM

18,735 posts, read 7,606,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattering Heights View Post
"Killing babies" is a debate killer. It's a trigger to shout with or shout at.
Correctly identifying the act we are debating, is a "debate killer"???

Umm, no. Abortion pushers don't want to debate the act when it's correctly identified. They often run away screaming, hurling insults, calling names, announcing that the other guy doesn't "have the right to debate", etc.

Abortion pushers who can't stand to debate about their killing unborn babies, are the debate killer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies