Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2021, 11:08 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,425,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisan10 View Post
A fertilized egg that passes, unimplanted, during the menstrual cycle, is natural. Abortion is an act of violence against another human being.​
Thank you for sharing your opinions.

Old 09-23-2021, 11:26 PM

2,709 posts, read 1,039,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
Are you going to take care of ALL of those kids hmmm??? yeah that is what I thought
The rightness or wrongness of killing an unborn child has nothing to do with somebody else's willingness to adopt.

Old 09-24-2021, 12:17 AM

1,111 posts, read 746,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
Are you going to take care of ALL of those kids hmmm??? yeah that is what I thought
Nahhh, let's just kill the babies instead without due process! Much easier!

Old 09-24-2021, 02:51 AM

3,006 posts, read 1,492,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Women in the 3rd trimester should not be allowed to get an abortion, when life can survive outside the womb it must be allowed to live. Rowe v Wade handled this situation correctly.
Preemies are less developed, have more risk of dying in infancy, and will probably always have some deficiency. They are viable with more hospital care, which many mothers can't afford. Do you want the government to pay for preemie care?

Old 09-24-2021, 04:08 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,951,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacInTx View Post
I would say abortion kills a human being, regardless of its stage of development.

I have mowed around several "sprouted acorns" in my front yard over the past ten years. Now, I have several oak trees. At what point do you judge that the sprout becomes a tree?
Talk about virtue signaling! So you saved some sprouted acorns to get a forest of oak trees in your yard. Yay for you.

Old 09-24-2021, 05:08 AM

88,989 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
How crazy is this...I hear many people say that 'religion' should not be used to create laws...(in regards to anti-abortion groups mainly being religious groups)...

But those same people have absolutely no problem with drug laws being based on 'religious beliefs'?! (belief that drugs are EVIL, of the devil, etc). LOL

I wonder how these people would feel about the federal govt going after people that practice witchcraft? LOL
Just as a note of interest, SCOTUS upheld the Constitutional Right to perform religious animal sacrifice even though it was illegal in Church of the Lukumi Babalu Aye, Inc. v. Hialeah. Same thing happened in the Colorado baker case. SCOTUS upheld the baker's First Amendment Right to decline to create a specific wedding cake due to his religious beliefs, even though declining to do so violated CO law.

Like it or not, due to the US Constitution's First Amendment, religion absolutely does have an impact on laws. Amending the Constitution would be the only way to completely remove religion's impact on local, state, and federal laws.

Old 09-24-2021, 05:51 AM

27,557 posts, read 28,647,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
given that it's pretty apparent that the fundamental motivation for most of the anti-choice crowd is more about punishing women for being sexually active, I'm sure they'd be just fine with banning contraception as well. Since with their fake world view that they mistakenly want to think is science, they can't really allow that either. But as long as they can pretend they have the authority to claim the right to control women and their bodies, they're good.
I am not against abortions remaining legal in the first trimester.

But it is rather curious how liberals don't seem to mind that the abortion rate for black women is 5 times that for white women. Nothing to see there, I guess.

Old 09-24-2021, 06:37 AM

2,068 posts, read 998,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Talk about virtue signaling! So you saved some sprouted acorns to get a forest of oak trees in your yard. Yay for you.

No virtue signaling. I simply replied to a prior post comparing abortion to plucking a sprout:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
Abortion kills an embryo or fetus, depending on the gestational age.

If I pluck a sprouted acorn from my yard, no one in their right mind would say I killed an oak tree.

Old 09-24-2021, 06:44 AM

5,294 posts, read 5,239,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisan10 View Post
Sadly, the child she killed will never have a chance to attend a great college which could have led to a great career.
Nope ,she didn't kill a child...she terminated a fetus...that is all.

Old 09-24-2021, 06:51 AM

30,143 posts, read 11,778,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacInTx View Post
Abstinence is in no way similar to abortion.

It is. Its preventing children from being born.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies