Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2021, 09:33 PM

13,252 posts, read 9,874,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
I think you've been watching too much Handmaid's Tale!
Under His eye.
I think at least half the men on this board would love to be Gilead commanders.

Blessed Be The Fruit.

Old 09-24-2021, 09:44 PM

13,389 posts, read 6,412,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I think at least half the men on this board would love to be Gilead commanders.

Blessed Be The Fruit.
Pretty creepy, isn't it?

Old 09-24-2021, 09:48 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,000,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
No one answers this question. My idea will work. It will cost a lot but worth it to save the babies. Pregnancy testing monthly for females ages 12 to 45. Any one found pregnant leaves immediately for pregnancy confinement camp. You can leave once you give birth.
I thought mine was better………..all males upon reaching puberty are given a vasectomy…….

Old 09-24-2021, 09:59 PM

31,955 posts, read 14,961,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
I thought mine was better………..all males upon reaching puberty are given a vasectomy…….
That works.

Old 09-24-2021, 11:07 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,517,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
If a woman loses her preborn baby due to negligence on her part, i,e., drunk driving can she be charged with the death of her fetus? The laws limitting alcohol use by pregnant women vary from state to state.

https://www.alcohol.org/laws/serving...regnant-women/
According to NIAAA, the following states have limitations against use of medical tests as evidence in criminal prosecutions of pregnant women who may have exposed a fetus to alcohol:

California
Colorado
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Missouri
Nevada
Virginia
Seems like the Govt wants it BOTH ways, whatever suits their needs...its a human life, (if the mother used alcohol and harmed the fetus)...but not if she goes pays a doctor to rip it apart while still inside of her...Hmmm, OK, what the hell kind of logic is that on behalf of the legal system? LOL

If the govt is OK with a doctor tearing a fetus apart to kill it...why in the world would they care about the mother using alcohol while pregnant, (or smoking for that matter)? sounds like they are really concerned with the alcohol use, not so much the fetus.

Old 09-25-2021, 01:43 AM

182 posts, read 76,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabronie View Post
Most people I personally know that are 'pro-life' fall into the trap below.

Once it's born, they really don't seem to care about the welfare of the child. (edit or the family) They actively vote people into power that dismantle the programs that help a child / family in need.

The moment the 'baby' is actually a baby, it is time for bootstraps!

Well said, you and sister Joan Chitchister. Some people just following a set- program as they'd been told and brought up with without thinking deeply about the welfare of the society, the care, or the benefits of the individuals. Their theory sounded like morality-based, but it's really not. There's such contradicting in their thinking and I call that hypocrisy.

Old 09-25-2021, 06:56 AM

182 posts, read 76,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Seems like the Govt wants it BOTH ways, whatever suits their needs...its a human life, (if the mother used alcohol and harmed the fetus)...but not if she goes pays a doctor to rip it apart while still inside of her...Hmmm, OK, what the hell kind of logic is that on behalf of the legal system? LOL

If the govt is OK with a doctor tearing a fetus apart to kill it...why in the world would they care about the mother using alcohol while pregnant, (or smoking for that matter)? sounds like they are really concerned with the alcohol use, not so much the fetus.

You don't understand the purpose of the circumstances.'

People just don't get abortion out of the blues. When a couple are financial secure, career fulfilled, mentally stable, good health, that's when they are ready to have kids. Otoh, immature, un-educated, irresponsible kids that played around and got pregnant playing around, mentally unstable homeless people got raped or have kids un-planed, etc.... They are not fit to be parents and won't be able to give the kids good life and later those kids will turn into criminals or other kinds of society burden.

The alcohol restriction to make sure the babies will be born unharmed, healthy physical and mentally.

They both serve the purpose to make sure we are ended up with the healthy state of the babies who will grow into well grounded individuals, well educated, healthy state of mind that they are able to think independently (think by themselves and not by a set program) and properly, good physical, creative ability, so they will be productive members to contribute to the society.

Old 09-25-2021, 07:03 AM

9,359 posts, read 6,928,850 times
Anything after 20 weeks I pretty much agree; it's quite a horrific thing to see that people will do. Before 20 weeks especially the earlier in the pregnancy there is a much better argument to be made.

I pretty much split 50/50 on this issue but I certainly feel we don't need any additional people in this world, no more welfare case, and no unwanted babies. It's quite a morale paradox and to admit it's simple cut and dry issue just is false or you have very little perspective.

Old 09-25-2021, 07:10 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,918,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post

Where are you getting this nonsense about "pulling babies apart?" For most abortions the fetus doesn't even resemble a baby and it is not big enough to "pull apart.".

Old 09-25-2021, 07:22 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,858,272 times
Ok what about late term abortion performed by gang members, rogue cops, drug dealers and drunk drivers.

We want to cry so much about young lives being lost due to an irresponsible society, but don't want to spare them from having to deal with this to begin with. Make it make sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.