Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2021, 03:19 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Are you also of the opinion that the male partner should not have to pay child support should she decide to keep the child?

After all (according to you), we shouldn't punish people just because they had sex.

As for "saying yes to sex," you do understand the concept of an assumed risk, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
One can say yes to sex and no to having a baby. I know that you don't agree with this fact, but that doesn't diminish from the fact that it is indeed, a fact.

If a man doesn't want to be on the hook for a child, then he should stop having unprotected sex. Because if he uses his BC properly, there's just NO WAY it could happen, according to many posters in this thread.

And I do indeed believe we shouldn't punish people just because they had sex - what sadistic weirdo would feel this way?
Don’tH8Me answers the questions asked perfectly.

Old 09-26-2021, 03:20 PM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
How does one use an IUD incorrectly? It happens. Women do get pregnant with IUDs. They are not 100% for 100% of the time.

And yes, sometimes a woman gets seduced. Or forgets her pill one day or takes it late because she overslept. Or gets carried away and forgets to be sure her partner has a condom on. Or a condom springs a leak. Or her implant comes to the end of it's useful life.

In other words, stuff happens. It is not for you to judge how diligent another woman is with her birth control. You seem to be expecting perfection from all women all the time. Not going to happen. We are human, and humans are by definition, not perfect.
It's not about judging. The FACT is that any fertile woman takes the chance that she will get pregnant when she participates in certain kinds of male/female sex. She already made her choice to accept a pregnancy if it happens when she made her choice to participate in the activity.

Old 09-26-2021, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
According to your stats that’s 40 percent of women with an unplanned unwanted pregnancy.
No, it's 95%. 95% of unintended pregnancies are due to no use of birth control (54%) or the inconsistent/incorrect use of it (41%). Those stats are from Guttmacher, the research arm of Planned Parenthood. That's nothing but sheer irresponsibility.

Only 5% of all unintended pregnancies are the result of birth control failure when the birth control method was used correctly.

Old 09-26-2021, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
You seem to be operating under the misconception that it matters one whit what you buy or believe. Women will have the choice to abort an unwanted pregnancy regardless of what their reason is. It does not compare to a drunk driver killing a person, because an embryo is not a person, no matter how many times you copy and paste your wild notions.

I can't imagine being this preoccupied with other people's choices. It must suck to have absolutely no influence whatsoever against something that you are obviously so opposed to. I would find it tiresome and self-defeating.
It's not just about what I believe. A majority of Americans DO NOT support abortion for the sake of convenience, which is 98.3% of all abortions:

Should it be possible for a woman to obtain a legal abortion if...

The woman's own health is seriously endangered by the pregnancy?

Yes: 87%

The woman becomes pregnant as a result of rape or incest?
Yes: 84%

The child would be born with a life-threatening illness?
Yes: 74%

The woman does not want to be pregnant for any reason?
Yes: 49%

There is NOT a majority of support for abortion when used as birth control and/or for the sake of convenience. In fact, the support drops off substantially, at least 25 percentage points, when an abortion is sought for those reasons.

June 2021 AP-NORC (University of Chicago) abortion poll chart: https://apnorc.org/wp-content/upload...a-1024x725.jpg

Old 09-26-2021, 03:33 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,954,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It's not about judging. The FACT is that any fertile woman takes the chance that she will get pregnant when she participates in certain kinds of male/female sex. She already made her choice to accept a pregnancy if it happens when she made her choice to participate in the activity.
You are the one who is judging when you say:
Quote:
She already made her choice to accept a pregnancy if it happens when she made her choice to participate in the activity
Wrong. She does not have to accept the pregnancy. It is only your judgement that she must accept pregnancy. Your opinion.
Because modern medicine says she does not have to accept the pregnancy. Because modern medicine has allowed women to separate sex from pregnancy.

Old 09-26-2021, 03:38 PM

2,400 posts, read 782,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Are you also of the opinion that the male partner should not have to pay child support should she decide to keep the child?

After all (according to you), we shouldn't punish people just because they had sex.

As for "saying yes to sex," you do understand the concept of an assumed risk, right?
After reading her blather for years, I'd have to say "nary a clue" to your question. Nary a clue.

Old 09-26-2021, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
You are the one who is judging when you say:
Quote:
She already made her choice to accept a pregnancy if it happens when she made her choice to participate in the activity
That's not judging. That's a statement of fact.

Old 09-26-2021, 03:44 PM

2,400 posts, read 782,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
The gallows lol.

I'll tell you what. We will make it totally fair.

If an assailant assaults a woman and kills the fetus he gets "X" penalty for killing the fetus.
If an expectant mother kills the fetus, she and the butcher get "X" (the same, exact) penalty for killing the fetus.

Same, same.

Of course there would be an additional penalty for the assault in the first example, say, death plus 5 years!

Old 09-26-2021, 03:45 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Nope. A woman gets to choose if she remains pregnant.

Old 09-26-2021, 03:47 PM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
Quote:
It's not just about what I believe. A majority of Americans DO NOT support abortion for the sake of convenience, which is 98.3% of all abortions:

Should it be possible for a woman to obtain a legal abortion if...

The woman's own health is seriously endangered by the pregnancy?

Yes: 87%

The woman becomes pregnant as a result of rape or incest?
Yes: 84%

The child would be born with a life-threatening illness?
Yes: 74%

The woman does not want to be pregnant for any reason?
Yes: 49%

There is NOT a majority of support for abortion when used as birth control and/or for the sake of convenience. In fact, the support drops off substantially, at least 25 percentage points, when an abortion is sought for those reasons.

June 2021 AP-NORC (University of Chicago) abortion poll chart: https://apnorc.org/wp-content/upload...a-1024x725.jpg
If you (generally, the 84% above) believe abortion is killing a child and is morally wrong, why is it ok in the case of rape or incest? That’s bringing “fault” into the equation. IE, it’s okay to kill an unborn child in the womb as long as the sex wasn’t the mother’s fault.

Well that’s just silly. It’s either wrong or it isn’t, no matter what the reason or who caused it. The foetus is not at fault in any scenario.

Shows the punitive nature of abortion restrictions.

As long as the mother didn’t instigate or consent to the sex, they’re off the hook and free to abort. I don’t understand why that makes a difference, the outcome to the foetus is the same, it ceases to exist. Circumstances of conception don’t change that fact. You’re basically saying one foetus deserves to die and one doesn’t, based on the mother’s motivation.

(FTR I fully support abortion on demand for any reason, I don’t understand the hypocrisy of the above).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies