Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2021, 06:00 PM

18,347 posts, read 18,963,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Water View Post
That's the lipstick that people like you try to put on this pig but it just isn't so. It is done far more often than they will admit to, and often because the mother has a change of "heart" towards the very end of term.
Got a source to back up your bull.

Old 09-27-2021, 06:04 PM

12,920 posts, read 13,611,483 times
If a baby is a person then a fetus can't be a baby. Personhood Laws haven't faired very well.

Old 09-27-2021, 07:28 PM

23,186 posts, read 12,303,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Because there is a difference in someone who is born, expelled from the womb and has a medical condition that requires technology (machines) or care and an undeveloped, non viable fetus who can not live outside its host. One is an established person with all the legal rights of an adult person and one is a potential person. Im not sure why you keep comparing Hawking to a fetus.
At about 20 weeks a fetus may be able to survive outside of the womb. Maybe in the future a fetus may be able to survive sooner than 20 weeks.
As I had mentioned a few times, IF medical science hadn't advanced as much as it had then Hawking probably wouldn't have lived very long. It wasn't until the mid 1920's when they were finally discovered brainwaves. Doctors probably would have let him die or killed him, because they had no clue that his brain was still working....and because he was unable to on his own.

Quote:
There are people everyday who have do not resuscitate orders, and who are disconnected from life support although they could live years or decades being kept alive by medical technology.
Which is a completely different subject.

Quote:
Seriously, you think at some future time the cerebral cortex is going to develop sooner? And will the brain then be fully developed before age 25?
Where did I say any of that? I didn't so stop putting words in my mouth. I was talking about advancement of medical science, and discovering more about a fetus then they know right now. Do you seriously think that they now know everything there is to know about the human brain, the fetus, etc? lol, no. It truly sounds like you're making excuses, excuses which probably helps you sleep at night.

Old 09-27-2021, 08:13 PM

2,709 posts, read 1,035,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
That did not answer my question. But let's say that you got your wish. Every form of BC that can prevent implantation of the fertilized egg (or actually, the blastocyst) became illegal. Should women who continued to use their stockpiles of BC be convicted of murder and sentenced accordingly? (Life in prison) Is this what you would want for your female friends and family members who continued to use BC?

If not, what would be the purpose of making BC illegal?
I have no problem with women going to jail for their bad choices.

Old 09-27-2021, 08:14 PM

3,416 posts, read 1,814,262 times
Would be an appropriate name! It's what they are.

Abortion is murder.

Old 09-27-2021, 08:32 PM

16,226 posts, read 27,352,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisan10 View Post
What about the inseminators? Will they also be jailed for their bad choices?

Old 09-27-2021, 09:02 PM

336 posts, read 314,047 times
Life does not begin at fertilization. 50% of all fertilized eggs never even implant. They pass through the woman's Fallopian tubes and uterus and out through her menses during her monthly period. It might be a day late, or on time, and she'll never be any the wiser. Does anyone have funerals for those 50% of fertilized eggs? Absolutely not.

https://www.ucsfhealth.org/education...n-how-it-works

There are many fertilized eggs that implant, but let go after a few days, or a week. Again, the woman never realizes she was even pregnant, just thinks her period was a tad late. Again, no funerals. And what about all of the women who go through infertility treatments and have embryos inserted into their uterus in the hopes of having them implant? Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. But again, no one is having funerals for those embryos that fail to implant.

I went through many IVF cycles myself in attempts to get pregnant. Over several years, I had 56 embryos created in the lab. I had three embryos that eventually implanted, in two pregnancies, and I lost both pregnancies in the end, one at 7 weeks, the other at 10 weeks. I had no funerals. Do I consider myself the mother of 56 dead children? Absolutely not. Should I? Absolutely not. I am the mother of one child, whom I adopted.

Last edited by scully2010; 09-27-2021 at 09:29 PM..

Old 09-27-2021, 09:05 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,514,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
What about the inseminators? Will they also be jailed for their bad choices?
Men cannot get pregnant, so no, there would be no consequences for them.

Old 09-27-2021, 09:11 PM

16,226 posts, read 27,352,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Men cannot get pregnant, so no, there would be no consequences for them.
Yes, but women can't get pregnant without men - they are 50% of the equation.

You are clearly a man though, based on your demonstrated bias.

Keep fantasizing, safe and legal abortions are here to stay.

Old 09-27-2021, 09:53 PM

13,250 posts, read 9,872,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisan10 View Post
Their bad choices.

And that's it in a nutshell. It's not about the foetus, or the fertilized egg, or the embryo, or the DNA, or the potential baby.

That's why pro life people are able to justify abortion in the case of rape or incest, where the female (I say female because that can happen to 12 year old children, not just women) had no active choice in having sex.

The "baby" is only "murdered" when the female chose to have sex - if they were raped or otherwise coerced then abortion is allowed, understandable, sympathetic even and the abortion seeker is not judged.

That is the unforgivable sin here. Women making their own choices.

The obvious slippery slope is that you have a miscarriage and there'll be a trial to determine whether you are criminally responsible for that abortion.

Allow this attitude to prevail and that's where it will go.

Welcome to Gilead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies