Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2021, 01:26 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Don't get me wrong. I believe the vaccines work to a certain degree. Thats exactly why I chose to be vaccinated

This said, I know five people who haven't gotten the vaccine, and they are all covid free. I know two fully vaccinated people who were tested positive, but they are symptom free. {snip}
Does this mean they cannot shed the virus? Or does it just mean thy feel well enough to go out in public?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2021, 01:30 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Does this mean they cannot shed the virus? Or does it just mean thy feel well enough to go out in public?
This means no one can prove unvaccinated are more dangerous than fully vaccinated.

In term of the fully vaccinated, well, I am sure they have gone to the public and gave their virus to others.

Old 09-24-2021, 01:32 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
This means no one can prove unvaccinated are more dangerous than fully vaccinated.
Exactly. Unless science can prove vaccinated people are not walking round infected and shedding the virus, then these mandates are nothing but ignorant and emotional knee jerk reactions. At least most unvaccinated people infected with the virus will feel sick, and opt to stay home, see a doctor and limit their contact with other people. The vaccinated could be super spreaders like a bunch of typhoid Mary's, going to parties, hobnobbing in public, spreading harmful variants of the virus all over.

Old 09-24-2021, 01:35 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Exactly. Unless science can prove vaccinated people are not walking round infected and shedding the virus, then these mandates are nothing but ignorant and emotional knee jerk reactions.
Right. Quite frankly, I am more comfortable around my unvaccinated friends who are taking precautions.

Old 09-24-2021, 01:38 PM

923 posts, read 526,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
No, there isn't.

Feel free to link me any article you want from nature to prove me wrong.
nature, cdc, yale. good enough?
all say it has been spread through the vaccinated, also.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02187-1
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...TN.Grants:FY22

https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/5-...-variant-covid

Old 09-24-2021, 01:40 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,833,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble and Kind View Post
Checked your first article, it does not say what you said it said.

You said this:

Quote:
You are correct. There was a study that showed the delta variant passed through the vaccinated more than the unvaccinated. That study is still being researched.
The nature article does not say that. Not even close. I would be willing to bet 100$ that none of the other articles say anything resembling what you stated either.

Your link to the Yale study explicitly contradicts your statement.
Quote:
Delta is believed to be more than twice as contagious as previous variants, and studies have shown that it may be more likely than the original virus to put infected people in the hospital. People who are not vaccinated are most at risk, and the highest spread of cases and severe outcomes is happening in places with low vaccination rates
Quote:
While most Delta infections have been in people who have not had a vaccine, data also has shown the variant to have increased transmissibility even among some vaccinated people. According to the CDC, if a vaccinated person is infected with COVID-19 (in what’s called a “breakthrough” case) and they have symptoms, they can transmit the virus to others; the agency is still assessing data on whether fully vaccinated people can spread the virus if they have a breakthrough case but have no symptoms.

Last edited by zzzSnorlax; 09-24-2021 at 01:55 PM..

Old 09-24-2021, 01:45 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,987,049 times
Quote:
Why? So I can go waste my time gathering a bunch of resources only to have all the conspiracy minded people ignore them?

Nah, I have better ways to spend my time, thanks.

Well, maybe just 1 study. Here ya go

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/nejmoa2108891
Thanks for that. So it appears that the vax does work for delta covid, although at a lower rate but still significant. Good to know. I had been hearing the efficacy was more like 40%.

Old 09-24-2021, 01:49 PM

2,367 posts, read 909,441 times
What is "Darwinian" about this perspective? Can anyone explain why it's Darwinian?

And the bit about the unvaccinated and mutations has been repeated in the media and on City Data. It's not a new idea.

But mutation isn't necessarily bad. They are random. There is no intent or design in mutations. The virus' mutation has just as much chance to work in our favor as it does to work against us.

We have already seen some strains of covid mutate back to bat coronavirus. If covid19 mutated into something where only those showing symptoms are contagious, then it becomes easy to manage.

Old 09-24-2021, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Why? So I can go waste my time gathering a bunch of resources only to have all the conspiracy minded people ignore them?

Nah, I have better ways to spend my time, thanks.

Well, maybe just 1 study. Here ya go

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/nejmoa2108891
Thank you for sparing your time to provide information. Was very interesting. One thing I've noted has been the affect of vitamin-D in regards to covid19. But then again, it all depends on the person and their health.

I am not a conspiracy type person. I like to gather as much information as I can before I come to a conclusion. I have come to a conclusion about myself and my kids with concerns about the covid virus and the vaccine. I'm looking for someone to prove me wrong. Sometimes I have to irritate them to do some work.
Thank you for letting me irritate you for information I had not read. lol Take care, LAX.

Old 09-24-2021, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Checked your first article, it does not say what you said it said.

You said this:

The nature article does not say that. Not even close. I would be willing to bet 100$ that none of the other articles say anything resembling what you stated either.

I get it, reading comprehension is hard.

Your link to the Yale study explicitly contradicts your statement. Maybe you should have actually read it before linking it.
Yes but it is still transmitted from the vaccinated also. The nature study was also doing more research on the very subject.

gotta go but would like to visit more with you about this.

later
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies