Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2021, 06:25 AM

7,917 posts, read 3,458,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBQEgg11 View Post
I already know your definition of life only begins when an egg is fertilized, but it's not as different that much. It's just the observation you were programed to look at, then get used to it with that point of view.
To me, its' not much different when 2 kids played husband and wife, or a prostitute got pregnant from some guy that she doesn't know his name, It's better for them and for the society if that fertilized eggs don't existed. The society will end up with much better healthy productive citizens, instead of criminals.

Irony enough, people who care about the results of prostitute houses can be as cruel to bomb the doctors' office to kill many people, and make other lives living hell despite their talk of valuing lives.
For society. That's why we allow a woman to kill her unborn. Not so she can avoid the consequences of her actions, but so the rest of us can. It's foolish to believe otherwise, and it's cowardly to deny the humanity of the lives we allow to be ended, often frivolously.

Old 09-24-2021, 06:28 AM

89,000 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
How could you compare those two?
As the poster noted, they're both medical procedures and as such supposedly fall under the protection of the privacy between the patient (or the patient's parent/legal guardian) and their doctor.

The point raised was that "abortion is a medical procedure, and like every other medical procedure, should be kept between the patient and the doctor." Obviously, given the FGM example, that's not true.

SCOTUS is going to have a hard time justifying/upholding the Roe v. Wade decision, which is in fact based on the Bill of Rights right to privacy, citing Griswold v. Connecticut.

If state laws against FGM (which violate the Constitutional Right to privacy) are allowed to persist, any state laws restricting and/or banning abortion would have to be allowed, as well.

Laws against FGM, by state: https://www.equalitynow.org/us_laws_...state_by_state

Old 09-24-2021, 06:31 AM

35,691 posts, read 21,045,148 times
Until delivery, it is a part of her body. The dad can have a say, but not legal recourse and absolutely NO ONE else can have a say. The responsibility should rest in her shoulders. Right or wrong, it’s on her only, if the baby is born, it’s her responsibility isn’t it?

Old 09-24-2021, 06:33 AM

182 posts, read 76,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
None of those are the reasons we allow abortion, nor should they be.

A woman who got raped by someone she doesn't know or forced by a family member, then she decided to got abortion as she hate the rapist and she is too young, not ready to take on the baby, then it's not a reason for abortion?

A wife that use a birth control method, then got pregnant when she 's not ready because the low quality of condoms, expired pills, failed technics on birth control devices... then that's not the reason we allow abortion?

A girl that too young and has health problem that she could die if she get the pregnancy goes to term then it's not the reason we allow abortion?

The reason we allow abortion is when you decide it's good for abortion then it would be and not the reasons I listed?

Sorry but too much nonsense from you and I'm not interested in keeping on with this conversation. Have a good day.

Old 09-24-2021, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Until it’s delivered it is part if her body.
Already acknowledged as legally false by Fetal Homicide Laws. Those who kill a fetus are charged with murder, or at least manslaughter.

Old 09-24-2021, 06:39 AM

182 posts, read 76,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
As the poster noted, they're both medical procedures and as such supposedly fall under the protection of the privacy between the patient (or the patient's parent/legal guardian) and their doctor.

The point raised was that "abortion is a medical procedure, and like every other medical procedure, should be kept between the patient and the doctor." Obviously, given the FGM example, that's not true.

SCOTUS is going to have a hard time justifying/upholding the Roe v. Wade decision, which is in fact based on the Bill of Rights right to privacy, citing Griswold v. Connecticut.

If state laws against FGM (which violate the Constitutional Right to privacy) are allowed to persist, any state laws restricting and/or banning abortion would have to be allowed, as well.

Laws against FGM, by state: https://www.equalitynow.org/us_laws_...state_by_state
I understand your point, but the question I asked in my post was related to the reasons in my post and replied to the post that says mutilation and abortion are the same, not the previous post that says they are both medical procedures.

Old 09-24-2021, 06:40 AM

Quote:
[/b]

A woman who got raped by someone she doesn't know or forced by a family member, then she decided to got abortion as she hate the rapist and she is too young, not ready to take on the baby, then it's not a reason for abortion?

A wife that use a birth control method, then got pregnant when she 's not ready because the low quality of condoms, expired pills, failed technics on birth control devices... then that's not the reason we allow abortion?

A girl that too young and has health problem that she could die if she get the pregnancy goes to term then it's not the reason we allow abortion?

The reason we allow abortion is when you decide it's good for abortion then it would be and not the reasons I listed?

Sorry but too much nonsense from you and I'm not interested in keeping on with this conversation. Have a good day.
If we're exploring the conditions under which Americans support or don't support legal abortion, the following data is interesting...

A majority doesn't support abortion on demand for any reason other than rape, incest, or serious health risks to the mother or baby. That means they don't support the 98.3% of abortions which are solely for the sake of the woman's convenience.

June 2021 AP-NORC (University of Chicago) poll chart: https://apnorc.org/wp-content/upload...a-1024x725.jpg

Interesting notes on the methodology:

1) The weighted data reflect the US population of adults age 18 and over, which means 51.7 percent female.

2) The sample is also adjusted to match the benchmark of the percent of adults who have received at least one dose of COVID vaccine by Census region as of June 13, 2021, according to the CDC COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker data. That means the sample is mostly Democrats, and even so, there still isn't a majority support of abortion for the sake of convenience.

As of June 2021 (same as AP-NORC poll), the percent of each group that has received at least one dose of COVID vaccine:

Democrats: 88%
Republicans: 52%

Figure 2: https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covi...tor-june-2021/

Old 09-24-2021, 06:41 AM

7,917 posts, read 3,458,721 times
Quote:
[/b]

Rape negates the two to tango rule. She doesn't choose to be raped so it's not her decision to create that life. I've already acknowledged that. It's still not the reason why we allow abortion, although it is an exception granted by some who would otherwise be anti-abortion. The reason we allow abortion is not at my whim nor is it at the whim of the woman who chose to create that life. As I said previously we allow it so society does not bear the consequences of her decision. Her convenience, her mental health, her readiness, her career, her reputation, all of those things are irrelevant.

Any society that has an economic safety net and also lacks sexual morals must also have a mechanism for alleviating the consequences that would otherwise be a burden on its system. Just as we grant the state the ability to execute criminals and to wage war, by that same mandate we grant it the ability to allow the death of the unborn.

Old 09-24-2021, 06:42 AM

6,343 posts, read 2,895,440 times
Quote:
Paper abortion, also known as a financial abortion or a statutory abort,is the proposed ability of the biological father, before the birth of the child, to opt out of any rights, privileges, and responsibilities toward the child, including financial support.By this means, before a child is born, a man would be able to absolve himself of both the privileges and demands of fatherhood.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paper_abortion

Old 09-24-2021, 06:42 AM

15,828 posts, read 6,536,770 times
That's a personal matter for the couple to resolve. Legally, I'd say not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies