Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2021, 12:15 PM

23,551 posts, read 17,227,205 times

Advertisements

Only biden has the right to endanger everyone by sending hatians from covid delta hotspot, brazil, into the usa.

Justice system can no longer be trusted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2021, 02:14 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Bottom line: You have the right to refuse the vaccine.

But your employer or any establishment also has the right to require vaccination as entry requirement. Their right to protect themselves does not infringe on your right to refuse the vaccination.

You and I both have a constitutional right to kill tyrants.

Old 09-25-2021, 04:34 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,810,789 times
Quote:

But your employer or any establishment also has the right to require vaccination as entry requirement. Their right to protect themselves does not infringe on your right to refuse the vaccination.

Well yeah they also have the right to require years of work history for entry level pay too but is that justified?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
There needs to be a vaccine for stupid.
One for money worries too please. If you take this shot you can buy a house and anything else your heart desires..just one shot. Come into the pharmacy today. Why haven't they invented that yet? Although I would probably not trust the effectiveness sadly but if it was proven to work with no severe repercussions for someone like me sure sign me up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
People are sick until proven well, just like it says in the Constitution.
Well I actually am sick..sick of getting told to risk my health for **** poor money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Most of this is true, except the part about vaccinated person’s immune systems better able to fight it off. Actually, its the complete opposite. Vaccinated people’s immune systems are being compromised with every jab, and for those who have natural immunity from prior infection, its been shown to be several times greater than the vaccine … but when you vaccinate someone with natural immunity, it destroys that.
I can't vouch for sure if that's true I do wonder because if you take enough antibiotics they kill your good bacteria and then you get infected more often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post
Jeez...just get a fake Vax card and go on living your lives. How hard is this?
If you get found out you go to jail and I'm not very good at lying/being fake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
the unvaccinated isnt spreading any virus if they don't have covid! Millions of people have not and do not have covid
They have yet to explain how we can spread something we don't even have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
My question is - would you be happy about forcing everyone to get a vaccine to the point where people would not be able to sustain themselves with employment?

You are comparing getting the vaccine with putting on a shirt. I guess you could say that employers are forcing people out of being nudists by having dress codes. I think that's the argument you should make.

WalMart greeters shouldn't have to wear clothes. You walk thru the doors and - hey - welcome to WalMart... and it's all there. That's kinda the argument you are making here with your no shirt example - if we want to play this parallel to the vaccine situation.
That's pretty powerful stuff. I didn't know wearing a shirt could make you sick. I guess if they were certain fabrics. That's why I told them I'd have to wear a different vest at work.

Old 09-25-2021, 05:12 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:

IF the employer or establishment demands a vaccine, they have to be willing to accept responsibility for any side effects and injuries caused by the vaccine. Including both actual damages, any lost wages-and punitive damages. If they are willing to stand behind that-they might have a leg to stand on. If not, not. If a company demands you do something you deem unsafe or injurious, and you are indeed injured, it is their responsibility to compensate you accordingly. If a government AGENT, such as a president or governor does so-they need to be held PERSONALLY accountable for any injuries or side effects as a result of their action.

I don't have an issue removing liability from the vaccine manufacturers-I honestly believe they are doing good work. But it isn't the vaccine manufacturers that have the power to mandate it's use. Those that DO, do need to be held accountable.

Old 09-25-2021, 05:20 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,413,224 times
I am not really understanding the OSHA angle in regards to those who work remotely; how is working in your own home fall under work place safety in this regard? Did they put an answer out for that?

Old 09-25-2021, 08:18 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,919,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YevTK View Post
Why do the states with the highest vaccination rates have lowest hospitalization rates?
Then those who have been vaccinated shouldn’t have anything to worry about since they are working so well and mandates are not needed.

Old 09-25-2021, 08:28 PM

1,500 posts, read 886,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
It does?

According to CDC, 20% of breakthrough cases die. Look it up, it's right on their website. Your point? Oh, it's ONLY few thousand, no big deal, right? And your lottery always gives you winning ticket, right?

And if The Loving Government wants to protect EVERY life, why is it that "few thousand" is small price to pay? Que?
2% die

Old 09-25-2021, 08:30 PM

1,500 posts, read 886,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I looked and could not find anything that supports the claim that 20% of breakthrough cases die. Perhaps I missed it.

Please provide your source.
I did find the source ..it says 2%. Not 20%

Old 09-25-2021, 08:37 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
There are still vaccinated people dying...of covid AND the Vax itself.

If your vax is so great why /how do the unvaxed threaten you?
Something like 30 to 35% of the population is unvaccinated, yet they account for about 98% (or even 99%) of the hospitalizations.

That means 70% of the population accounts for the other 2%. Vaccines can do this, vaccines can reduce the risk substantially before one has needed to put in a supply of horse dewormer.

Vaccines can reduce the risk so effectively and cheaply that the monoclonal antibodies (at $2,000.00 per dose) would not be needed for as many people.

And you have the gall to make your statement as if vaccinated vs unvaccinated are some how equivalent? You are blowing dark smoke here, and this kind of false equivalence is actually costing innocent people (some being minors) their health and even their lives.

The BS has got to stop.

Just stop it.

Old 09-25-2021, 10:35 PM

13,248 posts, read 7,312,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You and I both have a constitutional right to kill tyrants.
Your saying you have the right to murder your employer because they require you to vaccinate
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies