Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2021, 10:56 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times

Advertisements

Fortunately they aren't endangering anyone who chooses to vaccinate and mask up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2021, 11:02 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Your saying you have the right to murder your employer because they require you to vaccinate
The 2nd Amendment was created so citizens could protect themselves from the govt...how many different ways are there to 'protect yourself' against the govt using a firearm?

I think the Constitution was clear on this, its not popular today though, and you can probably see why.

Old 09-25-2021, 11:14 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,649,470 times
So this vaccine protects the vaccinated against..."nobody". Well sorry it doesn't blame those from blaming others for their health I guess.

Some just feel tricked but now they have to blame others for the fact the shot doesn't do crap, except possible auto immune disease.

So I suggest those vaccinated should not endanger those that are unvaccinated, which most have natural immunity that actually works.

At this point either people are vaccinated and should trust the shot, or have natural immunity, and only a few left at that point and we can move on. If someone wants to take a risk while they can either can the shot or get natural immunity cause that is the only two options.

Old 09-25-2021, 11:51 PM

4,958 posts, read 2,237,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMA View Post
So this vaccine protects the vaccinated against..."nobody". Well sorry it doesn't blame those from blaming others for their health I guess.

Some just feel tricked but now they have to blame others for the fact the shot doesn't do crap, except possible auto immune disease.

So I suggest those vaccinated should not endanger those that are unvaccinated, which most have natural immunity that actually works.

At this point either people are vaccinated and should trust the shot, or have natural immunity, and only a few left at that point and we can move on. If someone wants to take a risk while they can either can the shot or get natural immunity cause that is the only two options.
The only true protection apparently comes with natural immunity due to COVID recovery. Anyone that hasn't had COVID should be forced to be injected with COVID and recover to work, eat out, attend music festivals, etc. On the bright side, you have a 98.4% of recovery. So stop being selfish and get infected. It is the only path to herd immunity.

Old 09-26-2021, 02:52 AM

8,229 posts, read 3,490,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
The story has been changing almost daily, about virtually everything.

One of the most bastardized and butchered points has been about what the “vaccines†actually do. Right from the start, the FDA and the pharma companies said that the vaccine would not prevent infection or transmission, but would lessen the severity of symptoms, thereby reduce mortality. These two dubious claims are self serving fairy tales, given the overall rate of survival was 99.87 without the vaccine, (that leaves a whopping .13% or 1/8 of 1% margin to work with), and the even more dubious claim of reducing severity of symptoms (so, no matter hoe severe symptoms one may experience, it woulda been worse if you hadn’t been vaccinated! trust us). What a load of nonsense.

But, this narrative shifted to “it does protect you from infection and transmission, just not 100%â€. But thats way better than no protection! What changed? Did the vaccines change? By what magic did these vaccines go from only reducing symptoms to actual immunity? The vaccines didn’t change, and they didn’t acquire new functionality … it was just the story that changed. You see, if the original story was left unchanged, it would be harder to blame the unvaccinated for becoming infected and spreading infection. Then, in a monumental display of circular logic that makes no sense at all, the unvaccinated are now a threat to the vaccinated, even though the vaccinated should be protected, if the new story was true. But if the new story is true, then the unvaccinated shouldn’t be a threat to those who are protected. If the unvaccinated are a threat to the vaccinated, then this is a confession that the vaccine does not prevent infection, and therefore cannot prevent transmission, so everyone is a threat to everyone, but then you cant demonize the unvaccinated. So the new story is a little different … the vaccinated have 90% protection … but then it appears there are too many vaccinated filling up hospital beds to maintain that lie, so the vax is waning a bit, and now offers 67% protection, but a booster will top that back up!!

Now, if this sounds even a tiny bit confusing, no worries … all you really need to remember is that the unvaccinated are vile subhuman beings that are a threat to all of the decent human beings that got vaccinated!
The CDC is now calling the unvaccinated and trying to find out why they are unvaccinated and trying to persuade them to change their minds. I was called yesterday/Saturday by the CDC. I repeated multiple times that I can't get vaccinated for anything due to medical issues. It didn't sway her.

How did they get my name and number?

The woman knew my address and asked me if I would be okay with someone coming to explain to me about the vaccine to get better understanding of things. I said no to that.

When I received the call, it even showed up on the caller id as the CDC before I answered it and I was like what the heck?
Attached Thumbnails
Federal Court: Anti-Vaxxers Do Not Have a Constitutional or Statutory Right to Endanger Everyone Else-img_20210926_045750-2.jpg  

Last edited by yspobo; 09-26-2021 at 03:03 AM..

Old 09-26-2021, 03:08 AM

8,229 posts, read 3,490,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Something like 30 to 35% of the population is unvaccinated, yet they account for about 98% (or even 99%) of the hospitalizations.

That means 70% of the population accounts for the other 2%. Vaccines can do this, vaccines can reduce the risk substantially before one has needed to put in a supply of horse dewormer.

Vaccines can reduce the risk so effectively and cheaply that the monoclonal antibodies (at $2,000.00 per dose) would not be needed for as many people.

And you have the gall to make your statement as if vaccinated vs unvaccinated are some how equivalent? You are blowing dark smoke here, and this kind of false equivalence is actually costing innocent people (some being minors) their health and even their lives.

The BS has got to stop.

Just stop it.
A representative for the health department even admitted in the news that they were counting the cases from the beginning of the pandemic to reach the 99 percent figure. With the deliberate skew the unvaccinated will pretty much always be overly represented in the cases.

Old 09-26-2021, 05:24 AM

3,079 posts, read 1,544,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
The CDC is now calling the unvaccinated and trying to find out why they are unvaccinated and trying to persuade them to change their minds. I was called yesterday/Saturday by the CDC. I repeated multiple times that I can't get vaccinated for anything due to medical issues. It didn't sway her.

The woman knew my address and asked me if I would be okay with someone coming to explain to me about the vaccine to get better understanding of things. I said no to that.

When I received the call, it even showed up on the caller id as the CDC before I answered it and I was like what the heck?
doesnt mean it was really the CDC. scammers use all numbers nowadays to try to scam you out of money or identity info. Dont fall for it!

Old 09-26-2021, 06:00 AM

27,139 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
The vaccine protects people from dying.

It doesn't protect fully a person from having two very miserable weeks.

Maybe you have no problem with getting beat up for two weeks, many people do.

It also does not protect the spreading from vaccinated either.
Yes, they may have a reduced viral load but spread it they can.

Old 09-26-2021, 06:13 AM

27,139 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
Keep at it mandate zealots! Pretty soon there will be a new regime. Who knows what they might like to mandate for "the public good" using all the precedents set during 2021. I will be right there saying "Told ya so."

The court decision that everyone likes to use (Jacobson) only required a fine to be paid. So fine me. Fine everyone, and we can take up a fundraiser to pay for all the poor folks so they can have medical freedom. But denying people the ability to work is authoritarian and dangerous.

There is also a burden of proof that someone is 'dangerous' solely because they are unvaccinated. You would need to prove that vaccinated people aren't equally dangerous by using some kind of objective standard--like Covid tests or antibody tests. As it stands now, an infected vaccinated person can enter a restaurant, but a healthy unvaccinated person cannot. That's just absurd.

They talk about taking precautions, but we don't mandate a certain level of vitamin D in the blood (between 40 and 50) which is associated with a lesser probability of infection. Maybe we should keep the vitamin slackers out of public spaces?
Proving one is vaccinated and one is not but negative is a ridiculous proposition as it calls for no evidence of the vaccinated to be screened or verified as Covid free.

This is what be vaccinated or else weekly testing for the unvaccinated calls for in Biden's charge to use OSHA at the workplace.
It lets the vaccinated come and go without evidence of their being Covid free at all.
This all while knowing that being vaccinated is no guarantee at all.

Old 09-26-2021, 06:38 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,308,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post

you were being scammed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies