Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2021, 01:02 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,131,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
That assumes the people running Pearl Milling Company are a bunch of white racists given that they're the ones that removed the image.

Boy, I know America has an obesity issue, but you guys really get riled up by syrup. Do yourself a favor, at least get some high quality maple syrup.
I get the satire, but this is illustrates an underlying problem rearing its head in America. We have pampered, bored people, living such protected lives, that they have nothing better to do than to obsess over removing faces on a food products. It's like a hobby with them to express dramatic fits of outrage over the most minuscule of things. What kind of tender woke snowflake can envision some kind of racist aggression against blacks in America, simply by seeing black woman's face on a food product box?

I really could care less if I never see a black person's face on a food product package, but it does bother me that we have woke-tards who make it their life's work to remove them in the first place.

It was surprised that it bothered me when the Minnesota company Land O Lakes removed the image of a native American woman from their butter packages. What's so offensive about native American women? Minnesota has a rich culture of Native American heritage. It's like the woke will not be satisfied until any image, mention, reference or reminders of Native Americans are removed from the public square completely.

Old 09-24-2021, 01:04 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,960,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
It's like a hobby with them to express dramatic fits of outrage over the most minuscule of things.
If it's so miniscule, then what is the issue?

Old 09-24-2021, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
So was the Aunt Jemima rant just a ruse to start the rest of this?
I don't know. But every time we get into discussions on race, we always seem to have some try to devolve into this idiotic drivel. As if, after a hundred years of Republicans fighting against the dems to end racism, in 1965 the racists all got up and left the Democratic Party and magically became Republicans.

Old 09-24-2021, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
If it's so miniscule, then what is the issue?
That these woke-tards are nuts, race obsessed, and pushing their idiocy into corporations, forcing onto our children in our schools, pop culture, and even trying to affect our laws.

the same types of people obsessing over these minuscule things don't stop with cereal boxes, they want to make it illegal to freaking misgender someone. I don't know what's next, but I want to stop this insanity before it goes too far.

Old 09-24-2021, 01:10 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,702,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I just came back from Publix and went to buy some Aunt Jemima Pancakes and Syrup. I am looking for it and I see a box with the same colors as Aunt Jemima products.

The box had the name of Pearl Milling Company on it and a very small picture on the front that said. Same great taste as Aunt Jemima.

This wokester stuff is ridiculous. What is so racist about having a picture of a black woman on a box of Pancakes? I see people that are Italian on boxes of products . And I am sure there are many pictures of the original product with the founders. It is removing all race on products because the globalists want to take all of our identities away and be a global citizen with no country, no history, no flag , nothing from the past.

This is getting crazy . The black family that are the ancestors of Aunt Jemima are angry. It is taking their legacy and erasing it completely.

I am so sick of everything being called racist. My grandparents were not even in the country when slavery existed and this racist stuff depicts every white person as being from a family that owned slaves. More blacks owned slave and they never talk about that because it does not fit the narrative.

The dems use race to divide us to gain power over blacks.. they really don't care. It is all about power.

^ Tell me you are white and of a certain age without telling me you are white and of a certain age.

Aunt Jemima was retired in February. Uncle Ben was retired a year ago.

I am white and of a certain age, too. I can appreciate how the images may offend.

Don’t like change? Make your own from scratch and post a pic.

Old 09-24-2021, 01:11 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,800,001 times
Quote:
That these woke-tards are nuts, race obsessed, and pushing their idiocy into corporations, forcing onto our children in our schools, pop culture, and even trying to affect our laws.
Fear not! You can post minstrels in black face, Mammie's and any other stuff you enjoy all over your house.

I hardly think it is a bad thing to remove slave era labeling from products. I certainly support private companies to do what they want, and if buyers feel strongly they can speak with their wallets, and not buy their stuff.

I find none of this worthy of outrage, but it IS fun to watch.

I would hazard a guess, that it's the same group that ALSO complains that advertisements now are so multi racial and feature... gasp, homosexuals and/or transgender.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-24-2021, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Literally LOLd.

That was my first thought too "people still eat that stuff?"
People eat what, pancakes? Or premade processed powdered mixes like pancake mix?

Old 09-24-2021, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Fear not! You can post minstrels in black face, Mammie's and any other stuff you enjoy all over your house.

I hardly think it is a bad thing to remove slave era labeling from products. I certainly support private companies to do what they want, and if buyers feel strongly they can speak with their wallets, and not buy their stuff.

I find none of this worthy of outrage, but it IS fun to watch.
As if normal people see a black face on a pancake mix box or Cream of Wheat, and think "OMG SLAVERY."

What's next, canceling Star Wars now, because some pampered, bored woke-tards have warped and twisted themselves into a knot and decided it's racist

Old 09-24-2021, 01:15 PM

Quote:

the same types of people obsessing over these minuscule things don't stop with cereal boxes, they want to make it illegal to freaking misgender someone. I don't know what's next, but I want to stop this insanity before it goes too far.
Ah, I see! So - it is a hobby with them to express dramatic fits of outrage over box art, but it completely isn't when we - ehm - express dramatic fits of outrage over box art. No, that can't be it.

Old 09-24-2021, 01:18 PM

Quote:
As if normal people see a black face on a pancake mix box or Cream of Wheat, and think "OMG SLAVERY."
It's a burden to be educated at times, admittedly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies