Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2021, 07:07 AM

9,368 posts, read 6,967,418 times

Advertisements

Our issue with government is not taxes it's their spending... Just like Obama kept getting it wrong... The issue with healthcare is not insurance and/or coverage but the underlying cost and quality of our healthcare system.

We continue to look past our true problems and focus on the wrong things. Either because we're lazy or we don't want to actually recognize our deficiencies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2021, 07:09 AM

9,501 posts, read 4,332,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
What do you think that the government is entitled to tax anyone any amount that it sees fit when they end up wasting a huge amount of the revenue?

That's not irrelevant.
That's not a separate issue.

That's THE issue.
Let me give this a try.

1) This thread is about why people have a problem with any taxes.
2) This thread is not about whether or not our current system requires excessive taxes.

Two separate issues. You're trying to conflate the two to justify your anarchist agenda. There a plenty of "I'm a loony tune and don't think I should pay any taxes" threads. Go post in one of them.

Old 09-25-2021, 07:09 AM

1,299 posts, read 849,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
Our issue with government is not taxes it's their spending... Just like Obama kept getting it wrong... The issue with healthcare is not insurance and/or coverage but the underlying cost and quality of our healthcare system.

We continue to look past our true problems and focus on the wrong things. Either because we're lazy or we don't want to actually recognize our deficiencies.
I agree with that

Old 09-25-2021, 07:10 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Indeed. The anti-tax crowd has no answer to the obvious question: what is your plan to pay for government services?

How about ending the wasteful spending of tax revenues on things like sending billions to countries that hate us and importing more illegal alien dependants?

That way you have more to spend on valid and productive uses of the revenue that gets collected.

Old 09-25-2021, 07:10 AM

1,299 posts, read 849,213 times
Quote:
Let me give this a try.

1) This thread is about why people have a problem with any taxes.
2) This thread is not about whether or not our current system requires excessive taxes.

Two separate issues. You're trying to conflate the two to justify your anarchist agenda. There a plenty of "I'm a loony tune and don't think I should pay any taxes" threads. Go post in one of them.
Thank you for clarifying this

Old 09-25-2021, 07:12 AM

199 posts, read 67,286 times
"The Labor Department inspector general has yet to complete a full investigation but, based on previous programs, estimates at least $63 billion of the $630 billion in disbursements has been misspent."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...cates-n1257766

Makes you proud to be taxpayer doesn't it?

Old 09-25-2021, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
How about ending the wasteful spending of tax revenues on things like sending billions to countries that hate us and importing more illegal alien dependants?

That way you have more to spend on valid and productive uses of the revenue that gets collected.
Again, not the topic of this thread.

Let's try this once more, shall we:
1) This thread is about why some people are opposed to any taxes.
2) This thread is not about whether or not we are taxed excessively.
3) This thread is not about spending.

Old 09-25-2021, 07:16 AM

8,181 posts, read 2,788,551 times
Quote:
Again, not the topic of this thread.

Let's try this once more, shall we:
1) This thread is about why some people are opposed to any taxes.
2) This thread is not about whether or not we are taxed excessively.
3) This thread is not about spending.
Taxes are overhead. Overhead is money flushed down the toilet, especially if you're a net taxpayer. IOW a non-productive expense. The ideal percentage, from an individual point of view, of money flushed down the toilet is zero percent. I've worked in many organizations and the ones that are most likely to stagnate or go under are the ones where the backoffice, not the people who bring in the money to pay the bills, have the most power and influence.

That's why people hate taxes to various degrees.

Old 09-25-2021, 07:17 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Governments don't care what you do unless you're causing problems. If the government is micromanaging your life, it does so only because it feels like it has to.

Oh really?

Name one part of your life.....

One thing that you do from the minute you wake up until your head hits the pillow at night that the government doesn't tax, regulate, legislate, or otherwise stick their noses or fingers into in one way or another.

Old 09-25-2021, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad01 View Post
Thank you for clarifying this
It's an interesting topic and I'd welcome a rational discussion about it, but people keep derailing the thread with tangential issues. Personally, I think taxes are a reasonable way to fund the government. I'd love to hear the anti-tax crowd's suggestions on alternatives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies