Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2021, 07:23 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,373,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I for one feel it's progress that the headline is merely a half truth, not the full lie. I mean - not a lot of progress, but still.
It's amazing. Do they think we aren't going to read it?

OP is obviously anti-vax/Right/Republican and he posts an article that not only supports getting the vax but it also subtly implies a mandate might not be a bad idea.

Oh, and it tacitly supports the paradigm that the government has the right to shut things down.

Those are Team Blue positions!!!!!

WTH is going on here???

Old 09-25-2021, 07:39 PM

654 posts, read 280,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
OP is obviously anti-vax/Right/Republican and he posts an article that not only supports getting the vax but it also subtly implies a mandate might not be a bad idea.
Anti-vax? No, absolutely not. Right/Republican? Yes, guilty on all charges!

I support people's choice whether or not to receive this vaccine. I do not support people being forced to take it. I'm a little surprised you, of all the posters on this forum, would misuse the definition of anti-vax, which implies someone is against all vaccinations.

I'm not sure whether the article "subtly" implies anything about mandates, as I'll admit I only skimmed through it. If the article does not explicitly imply that mandates are a good thing, then anything you construe is subjective.

Old 09-25-2021, 09:08 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,794,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
You're looking at an experiment with n=6,000,000 or so Danes, so - we may have passed the "theory" threshold. Danes isolated, contact-traced, took the shot as soon as they could and the results are in.
The difference between the Danish Government and the US Federal Government - the former has earned the people's trust, the latter proved itself unworthy of the people's trust over and over and over again and is doing that as we speak.

No way I would ever consent to any kind of contact tracing if the government has anything to do with it. I don't want the Federal Government having even more information on me.

Old 09-25-2021, 09:15 PM

5,072 posts, read 2,181,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckatredlightsagain View Post
https://fee.org/articles/cases-are-d...-restrictions/

It seems the Danish Government has come to their senses. COVID is going nowhere, so they've gotten back to normal. Why can't we do this?
Because democrats want to control us all as they hate freedom and joy

Old 09-25-2021, 10:01 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,497,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
Because democrats want to control us all as they hate freedom and joy
You just missed all those posts outlining that Denmark is over 90% vaxxed at least once and over 75% fully vaxxed??

Democrats want controls and it's Republicans wanting you to sue someone you've discovered may have had an abortion??

I'm confused over who is what and what is who here. Bizarro world!

Old 09-25-2021, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Anti-vax? No, absolutely not. Right/Republican? Yes, guilty on all charges!

I support people's choice whether or not to receive this vaccine. I do not support people being forced to take it. I'm a little surprised you, of all the posters on this forum, would misuse the definition of anti-vax, which implies someone is against all vaccinations.

I'm not sure whether the article "subtly" implies anything about mandates, as I'll admit I only skimmed through it. If the article does not explicitly imply that mandates are a good thing, then anything you construe is subjective.
Bro, you should have read the article. You walked right into a trap by Team Blue by saying cases are down 60% after daddy lifted all restrictions. The reason why daddy lifted all restrictions is because they achieved very high vax rates which daddy said would happen. Eat your veggies and you can have dessert.

Government, in its infinite wisdom, had benchmarks for vax rates and the peasants complied. Then they lifted the restrictions and you tell the world cases are down 60%.

That's not subtle. That's outright telling everyone to get vaxxed, the government has the right to put restrictions in place, and government has magical powers that know what %'s are necessary for us peons to have our rights.

It's just frustrating. Has been since the beginning when Lysol Man went off the rails which proved to be his Waterloo. Ya'll should have made this a property rights issue. It was the perfect opportunity to give businesses the right to decide about masks and later vaxxes. It was also the perfect time to end government schools. But no, the Orange Menace went nuts late last summer clamoring for schools to open.

What a disappointment and embarrassment. Team Red has made Team Blue look relatively sane since March of 2020 and that's saying something considering that crowd believes in 674884 genders and riots any time a white guy looks in the general direction of a minority.

Old 09-25-2021, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
The difference between the Danish Government and the US Federal Government - the former has earned the people's trust, the latter proved itself unworthy of the people's trust over and over and over again and is doing that as we speak.

No way I would ever consent to any kind of contact tracing if the government has anything to do with it. I don't want the Federal Government having even more information on me.
You trust the Danish government?

Did a safe hit you on the head?

Old 09-25-2021, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
You just missed all those posts outlining that Denmark is over 90% vaxxed at least once and over 75% fully vaxxed??

Democrats want controls and it's Republicans wanting you to sue someone you've discovered may have had an abortion??

I'm confused over who is what and what is who here. Bizarro world!
Yep, especially the bold. The Republicans are doing homework for you guys now...apparently.

Bizarro world indeed.

Old 09-26-2021, 08:38 AM

8,181 posts, read 2,794,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
You trust the Danish government?

Did a safe hit you on the head?
The Danes do evidently. https://www.transparency.org/en/cpi/2020/index/nzl

And I'd probably trust it more (or distrust it less more like) than the American government..... I fully expect Potato Karen to move the goalposts if ever we get to some arbitrary vaccination rate that Fraudci wants.

Last edited by albert648; 09-26-2021 at 09:03 AM..

Old 09-26-2021, 09:02 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times
Quote:
https://fee.org/articles/cases-are-d...-restrictions/

It seems the Danish Government has come to their senses. COVID is going nowhere, so they've gotten back to normal. Why can't we do this?
We probably could if we reached similar vaccination rates as Denmark.

More than 80% of people above the age of 12 have had the two shots.

The tipping point in Denmark to start easing restrictions came when a majority in the age group of 50+ had the two shots, Riis Paludan said.

However, the face mask or shield are still mandatory at airports and people are advised to wear one when at the doctor's, test centers or hospitals. Distancing is still recommended and strict entry restrictions still apply for non Danes at the borders. The outbreak is still considered "an ordinary dangerous illness."

"The ghost of corona sits in the back of our head," said Frank Oestergaard, a patron in a downtown Copenhagen restaurant.“

https://www.npr.org/2021/09/10/10361...u-restrictions
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies