Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2021, 06:17 AM

11,143 posts, read 10,709,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
So is it better to take your chances ending up in a hospital or take the vaccine.
That isn’t the question. The question is how does a vaccine which doesn’t prevent people from contracting and transmitting the virus count as “conquering” the virus. You made the claim, I’m asking you to use logic to back it up.

It isn’t my job to decide what is “better” for other people. My job is to decide what is better for me. Your job is to decide what is better for you. The two positions may not match, but that doesn’t make you a bad person for getting the vaccine or me a bad person for not getting it. If the vaccine actually functioned as a vaccine, providing immunity from the virus rather than simply alleviating the symptoms so that those who catch it can continue about their normal life while spreading the virus, we might be able to have a different conversation. It doesn’t though, so here we are being pitted against each other by the powers that be over a vaccine which is less effective than the flu vaccine (which I have never taken and have also never had the flu).

Old 09-29-2021, 06:20 AM

11,143 posts, read 10,709,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
How many vaccinated people have contracted Covid?
Sure there are breakthrough cases, but how many out of the total vaccinated?

If someone is fully vaccinated and never ever contracts Covid post-vaccine, I’d argue that the vaccines have done exactly what they’re supposed to do.

Of course, we need a few more years to determine full effectiveness, but I’m willing to bet that the percentage of those who have breakthrough cases will remain a very small percentage of those vaccinated.
What about those who aren’t vaccinated and never contract Covid? I know people who have been locked in the same house as family who tested positive and never had so much as a sniffle.

Old 09-29-2021, 06:24 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,796,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
I guess you missed the story of the Texas prison where 70% of the fully vaccinated got Delta, I posted the link yesterday.
Good point. Also the Provincetown outbreak this past summer where 900 were infected and 74% of them were fully vaccinated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies