Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2021, 05:24 PM

43,098 posts, read 18,269,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
It is in incredible to see the division of the People and the very real and scary damage the Democrats have done to this country in 9 short months and to think we have another 14 months possibly more of this mess to bear. Will there be anything left of the country if the Republicans can win in 2022 and slow this disaster?

They screamed that Trump was going to destroy the country but it is the Democrats who are actively engaged in it.
Because rather then blame the virus and that their holy grail of a vaccine isn't working so well they turned around and blamed people...various groups of people.

The vaccine DID NOT END THE PANDEMIC.
And nobody will admit it.

Old 09-25-2021, 05:27 PM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
As I have said before, I think people need to question why so many healthcare workers would rather risk getting the COVID virus than risk taking the vaccine.

Old 09-25-2021, 05:28 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
You have to remember that black people have the lowest vaccination rate in the country (well, possibly excepting foreign criminals). So when you hear leftists denouncing the un-vaccinated, calling them stupid, ignorant, uncaring or that they should not be able to get medical treatment, or that anti-vaxers are somehow inferior to the enlightened compliant ones-please keep in mind that this is the black community that they are talking about. Or when the president says he's "running out of patience"-it's the black community he's referring to. What's next from this fool-"if you don't get the vax, you're not black"? Keeping blacks out of restaurants or schools if they don't get the jab? Heck, given the history of the Democratic party, one might wonder if internment camps aren't an upcoming thing.
While people of color have had a disproportionately high level of unvaccinated people. That gap is closing.

In terms of the absolute number of unvaccinated, the white folk dominate.

Covid is an equal opportunity infector. It don’t care about your race, ethnicity, religion, economic situation sexual orientation, gender or politics.

Old 09-25-2021, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
It's the classic definition of white privilege at least as defined by many of the people promoting the CRT narrative.... That white traditions should be honored and you have to assimilate with the majority opinion...it's in theory the antithesis of what these groups stand for....being forced to vaccinate....if the heat from BLM increases they will fold their hands.

They literally don't care about us righties unless we so oppose their wishes we threaten to collapse the rather fragile supply chain and actually do it...they think we will fold because we are responsible and need to feed our families. They'd likely be right. However it's a job seeker's market right now so there are no guarantees.
Can’t imagine going through life viewing everything through a partisan lens.

Old 09-25-2021, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
I'm declaring a personal state of emergency.

I'm LEAVING New York!!!

The ARBITRARY 100+ employee non scientific threshold is going to force me out of my CAREER.

Luckily for me I can do this, but my heart goes out to anyone that can't.
The arbitrary 100 + employee thing is national, no?

Old 09-25-2021, 05:35 PM

2,068 posts, read 999,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Covid is an equal opportunity infector. It don’t care about your race, ethnicity, religion, economic situation sexual orientation, gender or politics.
It also apparently doesn’t care whether you are vaccinated or not.

Old 09-25-2021, 05:44 PM

5,209 posts, read 1,796,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
I'm declaring a personal state of emergency.

I'm LEAVING New York!!!

The ARBITRARY 100+ employee non scientific threshold is going to force me out of my CAREER.

Luckily for me I can do this, but my heart goes out to anyone that can't.
I wish I could leave.

First this idiotic governor masks toddlers. Who does that???

Then she fires health care workers causing a self-inflicted state of emergency. Like someone holding their hand in the fire and screaming ouch. She is endangering the entire state by decimating the health care system. Some counties have lower vax rates among medical workers, which will empty out their staff. Even if 20% of the staff gets fired, does she think she can fill them--and maintain the same level of care-- by recruiting retirees, students, and random foreigners? How long will this take? And what happens to New Yorkers in the meantime, especially the nursing homes? What a disaster. Worse than Cuomo, and I didn't even think that was possible.

Old 09-25-2021, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
As I have said before, I think people need to question why so many healthcare workers would rather risk getting the COVID virus than risk taking the vaccine.
How many is “so many”?

By the numbers, in the US:

1 million MDs
4 million RNs
600,000 CNAs
350,000 Nurse Practitioners
315,000 Pharmacists
150,000 Physicians Assistants

And millions more in certified tech positions.

The overwhelming majority of them were among the first to vaccinate and did not require a mandate to do so.

This includes those previously infected.

Old 09-25-2021, 05:53 PM

43,098 posts, read 18,269,535 times
Quote:
The arbitrary 100 + employee thing is national, no?
Guidance as the Fed cannot mandate public health to states.

Old 09-25-2021, 06:04 PM

5,209 posts, read 1,796,721 times
Quote:
How many is “so many”?

By the numbers, in the US:

1 million MDs
4 million RNs
600,000 CNAs
350,000 Nurse Practitioners
315,000 Pharmacists
150,000 Physicians Assistants

And millions more in certified tech positions.

The overwhelming majority of them were among the first to vaccinate and did not require a mandate to do so.

This includes those previously infected.
As of a couple weeks ago in NY:

https://www.lohud.com/story/news/cor...te/5774999001/

"The order impacts about 94,500 hospital workers and 35,000 nursing home workers who remained unvaccinated as of Tuesday. The numbers reflected 21% and 24% of the overall workforces in hospitals and nursing homes, respectively, state data show."

It is utter insanity to fire this many health workers. Especially workers who were on the front lines through the worst of Covid.

I'm surprised hospitals aren't suing the governor for blocking their ability to staff their hospitals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies