Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2021, 09:28 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
What?? Where did I say they were spineless?

The Border Patrol is a Law Enforcement branch that is required to follow the rules of the Federal Government. Trump allowed them to do their jobs. Biden is tying their hands. Biden like many on the Left has chosen his side and it is not the side of Law and Order.

You are right that this is definitely not the American way.

It is incredible to think that the President of the United States is violating his oath of office and half the country doesn't care.
If Im not mistaken, the border patrol take an oath to defend the Constitution (not the current govt in place), if there is ever a conflict, they are expected to stand behind the Constitution first.)

That is the definition of patriotism, doing whats right despite the consequences, its why we celebrate the founders of this country for what they did. They didnt just 'follow the rules'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2021, 09:31 AM

13,442 posts, read 4,286,577 times
If it was me, I will supply with B.P. with taser guns. Any foreigner alien who disobeys a lawful order and starts running away from B.P. they will get a full juice of the lightning. It will be like the movie Hangover. Some of these foreigners might need 2 shots since they eat very well. They will learn quickly the word STOP and to respect the badge.

Old 09-28-2021, 09:32 AM

14,225 posts, read 4,589,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
If Im not mistaken, the border patrol take an oath to defend the Constitution (not the current govt in place), if there is ever a conflict, they are expected to stand behind the Constitution first.)

That is the definition of patriotism, doing whats right despite the consequences, its why we celebrate the founders of this country for what they did. They didnt just 'follow the rules'
so you are saying Border Patrol's boss, Joe Biden, should be impeached for violating the US Constitution?

I'm perfectly OK with that.

Old 09-28-2021, 09:36 AM

13,442 posts, read 4,286,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
so you are saying Border Patrol's boss, Joe Biden, should be impeached for violating the US Constitution?

I'm perfectly OK with that.

Yes. If they impeached Trump twice for B.S., then Biden should be impeached for attacking our security and federal employees and ignoring his oath and putting Americans at risk. I can't wait for Republicans to take over Congress next year, karma!

Old 09-28-2021, 10:43 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Yes, Biden should be taken to task immediately for this display of utter incompetence. Impeachment is fine by me. The Dems did it to Trump with a lot less evidence and cause. You would think that the CiC would have ALL the information needed to make any sort of public condemnation such as he did with his one against the CBP mounted unit. He fired off half cocked with no clear target. His entire cabinet is also culpable in this as they are responsible for getting the correct information to him. before he goes public with false allegations and makes fools of himself and aforementioned cabinet.

What a moron! He's a doddering and nonfunctional blob and has NO business being in the Oval Office. None. I've seen 9 presidents before him and not a one has been such a public disgrace. That's saying a lot. His level of professionalism is easily topped by the person who rings up your heart attack in a sack at 711. Seriously...bounding into a press conference and saying that these CBP mounted guys are going to swing for...what? Being president doesn't allow him to circumvent the system and be judge jury and executioner.

I hope he and his flunkies fry like bacon for this. I sincerely do.

Old 09-28-2021, 11:12 AM

1,300 posts, read 960,388 times
Its not enough to simply be better than Trump. Biden is disappointing me I will admit. Hes showing poor character. The blundering exit from Afghanistan, followed by laying blame on Afghan army who were willing to risk their lives when we were supporting them, but knew they had no chance against a Pakistan supported Taliban when we abandoned them. The signing of the trans athlete order that fails to demand more nuance and just gives the trans extremists whatever they want, even when it hurts the rights of women. Now the doubling down on this stupid, and frankly unnecessary lie because hes been poorly advised about what black people want to hear. Hes showing a lack of political courage. Hes behaving like a rookie, not someone whos been in politics for decades.

Old 09-28-2021, 11:19 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
The Age of Progressive Misinformation
How does a stupid and ridiculous lie come to be embraced and promulgated by top officials of the United States government?

Well, as it turns out, it’s easy.

You start with an easily misinterpreted news photo that seemingly confirms progressive opponents’ assumption about immigration enforcement: that the agents policing our southern border are cruel racists.

Then you work up a Twitter mob saying that the photo has captured a tableau of hideous abuse.

You add open-borders advocacy organizations and civil-rights groups denouncing the supposed misconduct in the harshest possible terms.

You throw on top a vice president and a White House press secretary who have no regard for the truth and are happy to push any narrative convenient to them.

Finally, as the pièce de résistance, you deploy a president of the United States who is too cynical or doddering to bother with the facts — and who is usually following the crowd rather than leading it — and you get him to make a statement endorsing the ludicrous fictions about the misleading photo.

This was the path to President Joe Biden’s condemnation of mounted Border Patrol agents for having “strapped” Haiti migrants at Del Rio, Texas; this is what led him to declare that they “will pay” for their “horrible” and “outrageous” behavior.

Advocacy groups simply willed the whip story to be true, and for a swath of America — basically anyone foolish enough to take what Harris and Biden say at face value — they have succeeded.

Old 09-28-2021, 11:46 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArchitect View Post
Its not enough to simply be better than Trump. Biden is disappointing me I will admit. Hes showing poor character. The blundering exit from Afghanistan, followed by laying blame on Afghan army who were willing to risk their lives when we were supporting them, but knew they had no chance against a Pakistan supported Taliban when we abandoned them. The signing of the trans athlete order that fails to demand more nuance and just gives the trans extremists whatever they want, even when it hurts the rights of women. Now the doubling down on this stupid, and frankly unnecessary lie because hes been poorly advised about what black people want to hear. Hes showing a lack of political courage. Hes behaving like a rookie, not someone whos been in politics for decades.
Better than Trump? Ummm...not so much I don't think. And disappointing is an understatement I would think. I didn't vote for the cretin I'm proud to say and he's not even close to Trump in terms of being an effective executive. He's just a programmed automaton that spouts whatever he's fed from his wacko leftist owners. He's worse than a ventriloquist dummy.

The pre programmed bilge he spews is getting people killed and destroying our country. Was the border in this state under Trump? No. That alone puts Biden ten full grades below Trump. If I were one of the CBP mounted guys I'd be taking Abbot up on his offer of a job with Texas DPS. No deliberation required. Abbot is sure as hell a better qualified man to be in command of such people. Biden doesn't deserve those guys. Not at all.

Old 10-31-2023, 03:27 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
still no apology from president houseplant...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies