Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2021, 07:28 AM

17,623 posts, read 6,911,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
I know Democrats are envious of what is going on in Australia and only wish that it could happen in America.
It will continue to happen in the US until we get a Republican President in 2024.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2021, 11:13 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
*chuckle*

Australian Hospitals Over Capacity With People Beaten By Police For Not Wearing Masks

Old 09-28-2021, 02:45 PM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
you've been whining on an AMERICAN forum about AMERICAN issues for 11 years, finny, and suddenly you're butthurt because Americans are talking about Australian issues?

it really is
I lived in AMERICA for 30 years and joined this forum while resident there, so yeah. I’ve lived more of my life in AMERICA than in AUSTRALIA. My child and my husband are AMERICAN.

I’ve LIVED in AMERICA for 7 of the 11 years I’ve been in this forum. Mmmmkay?

So unlike people who beyotch non stop about Australia because they watched a 3 minute video on bitchute, I actually know what I’m talking about. You ain’t talking about “Australian issues” as is evidenced by the amount of pure misinformation thrown around here. I’m fending off ridiculous questions from business partners in the US about “what’s going on down there?!!” kinda like I am here.

Listen I don’t mind that people don’t really know, how would they, it’s the way you all have turned on our people (I have an affinity for both countries) that kinda irks me. Aussies have always been good friends to the US.

Old 09-28-2021, 02:47 PM

Ok that’s pretty funny.

Watch those drop bears though. They’re no joke.

Old 09-28-2021, 02:56 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I lived in AMERICA for 30 years and joined this forum while resident there, so yeah. I’ve lived more of my life in AMERICA than in AUSTRALIA. My child and my husband are AMERICAN.

I’ve LIVED in AMERICA for 7 of the 11 years I’ve been in this forum. Mmmmkay?

So unlike people who beyotch non stop about Australia because they watched a 3 minute video on bitchute, I actually know what I’m talking about. You ain’t talking about “Australian issues” as is evidenced by the amount of pure misinformation thrown around here. I’m fending off ridiculous questions from business partners in the US about “what’s going on down there?!!” kinda like I am here.

Listen I don’t mind that people don’t really know, how would they, it’s the way you all have turned on our people (I have an affinity for both countries) that kinda irks me. Aussies have always been good friends to the US.
In fairness to the posters here, I don't think they've turned on Australian people. It seems like folks feel bad for Australians and are using what's happening there as a bellweather of what could take place in America.

Old 09-28-2021, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
Gladys said life for the unvaccinated will be very difficult indefinitely. What about December 1?

https://twitter.com/SongbirdTam_83/s...10939166334979
Yeah I’d take that with a grain of salt. Did you see on the lower third graphic underneath where it said “NSW to open to the unvaccinated December”?

Gladys doesn’t want the vax rate to slow down now that the end is in sight. I don’t agree with her or her inflammatory language, but the police have come out since and said they won’t be bothering to look for people’s vax status and businesses don’t want to hoe that row, so it’s all bluster.

You know I don’t agree with vax mandates. Including being coerced by being not allowed to participate freely in life. People have the right to not get vaccinated.

I’ve mentioned before that Gladys and my industry have gone head to head on several issues over the last few years. We’re no fan of Gladys. But she’s a business led conservative so I have no doubt that once the state is vaxxed, she’ll do what’s best for business. Which is fine by me.

Old 09-28-2021, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
In fairness to the posters here, I don't think they've turned on Australian people. It seems like folks feel bad for Australians and are using what's happening there as a bellweather of what could take place in America.
Hmmm that’s true of some, and I probably shouldn’t have used you all to quantify my point, but with respect there are a bunch who have indeed turned.

This hyperbole about “what’s happening there” is kinda ridiculous. Covid restrictions are happening or have happened everywhere, in some capacity or other. There are cherry picked bits of content floating around on socials and in the media that aren’t representative at all.

Australia isn’t fascist, Nazi, nor the CCP. It’s just nonsense.

Most of the posts are just blatant lies. So if I can shed a bit of light in the actual truth, then I will. I’m here, so why not?

Old 09-28-2021, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Australia has slid into fascism. Get a good look at NWO authoritarianism. The next time someone says give up your guns, give that nazi the response they deserve.
No it hasn’t.

Don’t be ridiculous.

(Exhibit A).

Old 09-28-2021, 03:22 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Hmmm that’s true of some, and I probably shouldn’t have used you all to quantify my point, but with respect there are a bunch who have indeed turned.

This hyperbole about “what’s happening there” is kinda ridiculous. Covid restrictions are happening or have happened everywhere, in some capacity or other. There are cherry picked bits of content floating around on socials and in the media that aren’t representative at all.

Australia isn’t fascist, Nazi, nor the CCP. It’s just nonsense.

Most of the posts are just blatant lies. So if I can shed a bit of light in the actual truth, then I will. I’m here, so why not?
All people have to go on is social media if they're not reading Australian news. And I admit, for all the news I read, Australian news isn't on the list for some reason. I need to add it.

So they see something and believe it's widespread and thankfully you're here to set the record straight.

Unfortunately, some people don't read what people have to say - they're just interested in posting without reading posts of others, so they'll remain ignorant to the truth.

Old 09-28-2021, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
You're talking about a virus with a 99%+ survival rate.
With a 1/10 hospitalisation rate, here up to this point.

Not sustainable in a low vaxxed population.

Now that we are no longer a low vaxxed population, we will come out of restrictions.

Hospitals are being prepared for endemic virus measures as we transition to living with it, sans restrictions.

What about that don’t you people get?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies