Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2021, 08:31 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,987,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Right -- it has been going on way too long.

Be clear -- I do not think it is hype that we have serious supply chain issues.

I do think that the media pushing the narrative right now is hype.

It is ongoing --- and I wish the UN had addressed this global issue. But you know folks want to bicker about how the Haitians are disrupting the American way of life........or whether to wear a mask or get a vaccine.
Thats why (at this point) . I have been buying as much inventory as I can when the opportunity arises. Its certainly better than the cash in the bank and I have no clue what costs will be a year from now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2021, 08:40 AM

5,860 posts, read 3,297,839 times
Quote:

It is ongoing --- and I wish the UN had addressed this global issue. But you know folks want to bicker about how the Haitians are disrupting the American way of life........or whether to wear a mask or get a vaccine.
100% it is not hype with supply chain issues. My wife works for a logistics company. The price of ocean freight has exploded. Try getting a trucker right now. 9 loads for every trucker. Also bickering about Haitian's, masks, vaccines, ridiculous spending, far left woke culture politics is all wrapped up with this because Joe Biden is a COMPLETE DISASTER!

Old 09-26-2021, 08:54 AM

5,860 posts, read 3,297,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Thats why (at this point) . I have been buying as much inventory as I can when the opportunity arises. Its certainly better than the cash in the bank and I have no clue what costs will be a year from now.
Jimmy your post is exactly what my wife is saying. Ocean containers went from 3.4 k to now 15 to 18k to move. I asked why. She said they can charge a premium because business like yours are stocking up on inventory and the ships can't get in. The ports are completely jammed up.

Old 09-26-2021, 09:17 AM

30,160 posts, read 11,789,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Get your govt out of the marketplace and the money and we can talk about unity.

The past 100 years or so the government he made a steady advance into the marketplace. This is not something Biden started. But he is making it much worse. I want us back to the size and scale of government that was around during the founding fathers. But neither major party wants that. Only the Libertarians.

Old 09-26-2021, 09:19 AM

30,160 posts, read 11,789,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
We are Americans and do not hope for the failure of the nation.

However, democrat policy insures misery and disaster will plague us. We do not hope for inflation, deprivation and misery, just the end of liberals.

Liberalism is the "turd in the punchbowl" that has brought ruin to an otherwise wonderful nation.
I was just pointing out the hypocrisy that both parties play the same game. I don't like what Biden is doing but I am American first and Libertarian second. The two turd parties need to go. The GOP is better but only in comparison. Its a turd party also. The GOP puts up token resistance to the dems but when they had power and had the chance to totally simplify the tax system by everything fitting on a post card as they promised, they buckled and gave in to the special interests. We ended up with just slightly lower taxes that Biden is now dismantling.

Old 09-26-2021, 09:20 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
100% it is not hype with supply chain issues. My wife works for a logistics company. The price of ocean freight has exploded. Try getting a trucker right now. 9 loads for every trucker. Also bickering about Haitian's, masks, vaccines, ridiculous spending, far left woke culture politics is all wrapped up with this because Joe Biden is a COMPLETE DISASTER!
Yup ---- supply chain obstacles have been ongoing since last March and continue.

While this is having a cumulative impact (I live in a poart city, know people who work at the port, etc......blah blah.....)......

So the 'hype' should have been ongoing for at least six months. To 'hype' it now -- encourages panic buying (hence the need for some groceries stores to impose limits).

Old 09-26-2021, 10:23 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,266,927 times
Quote:

Hype is when ABC,NBC,CBS,CNN,NYT,WASHPO are all saying the same thing in the same words.
An article that is about an interview with the CEO of Costco, CEO of FedEx & Transportation expects on CNBC, which is a Business/Markets format is NOT “Hype”.

It is just News the Leftists don’t like.

For those who actually paid attention to Biden’s UN Speech and the other Speeches … nothing about Haitians or even Economics …. It was all Global Warming and Weather.

We have serious problems and pretending we don’t is not going to help anyone.
Use heating oil? Check the price & availability
Use Natural Gas or Propane? It’s doubled in price
Use a car to get to work, or anywhere else? Good Luck
Need to buy Christmas gifts for your Kids? Pickings will be slim, don’t delay. (I’m done with mine)

Winter is coming, the 4th Quarter keeps many businesses solvent, but only if they actually have something to sell. This Mandatory E.O. Forcing people out of their Jobs right before Christmas is not goin to be popular at all.

On the other hand …. That is apparently what 81 Million people voted for.
I hope they enjoy it and remember they CHOSE it.

Old 09-26-2021, 11:35 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,666,126 times
Bidens America.

Old 09-26-2021, 11:40 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
our potted plant of a president is determined to force the dollar from its current status as the world's reserve currency. we are in for a world of hurt when that happens.
Quote:
And all you folks that blame the media -- might want to think how you are jumping on the media's hyping of this issue.

No doubt media hype will influence shoppers....because human nature is such that people will panic and run out and buy whatever just in case.
A single media mention is 'hyping' now

Old 09-26-2021, 11:44 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Hype is when ABC,NBC,CBS,CNN,NYT,WASHPO are all saying the same thing in the same words.
An article that is about an interview with the CEO of Costco, CEO of FedEx & Transportation expects on CNBC, which is a Business/Markets format is NOT “Hype”.

It is just News the Leftists don’t like.

For those who actually paid attention to Biden’s UN Speech and the other Speeches … nothing about Haitians or even Economics …. It was all Global Warming and Weather.

We have serious problems and pretending we don’t is not going to help anyone.
Use heating oil? Check the price & availability
Use Natural Gas or Propane? It’s doubled in price
Use a car to get to work, or anywhere else? Good Luck
Need to buy Christmas gifts for your Kids? Pickings will be slim, don’t delay. (I’m done with mine)

Winter is coming, the 4th Quarter keeps many businesses solvent, but only if they actually have something to sell. This Mandatory E.O. Forcing people out of their Jobs right before Christmas is not goin to be popular at all.

On the other hand …. That is apparently what 81 Million people voted for.
I hope they enjoy it and remember they CHOSE it.
I totally agree -- was not impressed with Biden's speech.

Doesn't mean I want Trump in there either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies