Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2021, 10:48 AM

16,082 posts, read 10,747,693 times

Advertisements

He should be fired. He was hired to do a job and refused to do it properly. A-holes need not apply.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2021, 11:05 AM

7,824 posts, read 4,565,821 times
He had one job to do. He failed at that. End of story.

Old 09-27-2021, 11:22 AM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
I suspect you'd change your tune if a Black FedEx driver refused to deliver to a home displaying a Confederate flag.
Another daydream scenario to somehow justify this clown?

Old 09-27-2021, 11:23 AM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
I'm sure that some employers fired people or didn't hire them because they voted for Trump.
- and the trifecta of imaginary grievances is complete.

Old 09-27-2021, 11:24 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
why is this news? Fed Ex like every big company fires people every day. I'm sure that some employers fired people or didn't hire them because they voted for Trump. Not 1 made the news. The media pushing an agenda.
Employers/Potential Employers wouldn’t know if employees/applicants = Trumpers unless those employees/applicants shared that publicly.

Old 09-27-2021, 11:26 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
He deserves to be fired for not doing his job . . . but I sure do understand where he's coming from.
Why? How does a political sign - or any other sign other than something like "FedEx delivery persons will be shot (or mauled by the dog) on sight" - affect the driver's ability to do the job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
BLM is a terrorist organization which supports violence against whites. He had every reason to fear for his safety. I suspect you'd change your tune if a Black FedEx driver refused to deliver to a home displaying a Confederate flag.
I suspect you don't know what you're talking about.

Old 09-27-2021, 11:29 AM

16,556 posts, read 10,630,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Why? How does a political sign - or any other sign other than something like "FedEx delivery persons will be shot (or mauled by the dog) on sight" - affect the driver's ability to do the job?

I suspect you don't know what you're talking about.
I understand his disgust and loathing of BLM and Biden, because I share those views. It's akin to having to deliver a package to a dung heap located in a sewage pond; it's simply a highly unpleasant experience. Nevertheless, that's the job he signed up for, so if he refused to perform his duties, he deserved to get fired.

Old 09-27-2021, 11:40 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
It's akin to having to deliver a package to a dung heap located in a sewage pond; it's simply a highly unpleasant experience.
Why? How does a lawn sign affect you? You didn't answer the question, but instead gave a vague snowflake response.

It doesn't speak to you.
It doesn't move toward you.
It doesn't require you to look at it, read it, understand it, or agree with it.
It doesn't require you to discuss it.
It doesn't prevent you from delivering the package.
It doesn't require anything of you.

Old 09-27-2021, 11:47 AM

21,876 posts, read 25,146,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Isn't it ironic how FedEx responded so quickly and severely to this. It is wrong of course for the driver to refuse to do his job no matter what political signs are posted in the yard but one has to wonder how quickly they would have responded if this was a driver that refused to step foot onto a property that was flying a MAGA flag?

Somehow I don't think it would have been a big deal and that driver IF he lost his job would have been making the rounds on the late night Lefty talk shows...
Not really I'm sure they'd been dealing with this clown for a while and had been documenting all the packages he kept failing to deliver. Best of luck to him. He'd rather make a living doing TikToks than delivering packages which is fine.

Old 09-27-2021, 11:49 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Isn't it ironic how FedEx responded so quickly and severely to this. It is wrong of course for the driver to refuse to do his job no matter what political signs are posted in the yard but one has to wonder how quickly they would have responded if this was a driver that refused to step foot onto a property that was flying a MAGA flag?

Somehow I don't think it would have been a big deal and that driver IF he lost his job would have been making the rounds on the late night Lefty talk shows...

Has that actually occurred or is this another example of I'm a Victim too? This guy didn't do his job, he's been fired, end of the story...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies