Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2021, 12:57 PM

4,288 posts, read 2,059,632 times

Advertisements

He deserves to lose his job. Coming from someone who is not a fan of BLM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2021, 12:57 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,551 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Isn't it ironic how FedEx responded so quickly and severely to this. It is wrong of course for the driver to refuse to do his job no matter what political signs are posted in the yard but one has to wonder how quickly they would have responded if this was a driver that refused to step foot onto a property that was flying a MAGA flag?

Somehow I don't think it would have been a big deal and that driver IF he lost his job would have been making the rounds on the late night Lefty talk shows...
I mean, lets assume you responded in hast and this is a true Freudian slip based on previous posts of yours I have seen.

You are either saying MAGA and BLM are equal(which your previous posts seem to not believe) and both ok

or they are equal and both racially bad.

Old 09-27-2021, 03:12 PM

46,952 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
why is this news? Fed Ex fires employees everyday for stealing and it doesn't make the news. Why this?
It's pretty rare FedEx employees publish video of themselves stealing. The amazing combo of cockiness and stupidity on display is mildly entertaining.

Old 09-27-2021, 03:18 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Props to him for making FedEx's job easier and letting the public know what kind of (now potential) employee he is and what kind of employer FedEx is.

Great for the market.

Too bad Trump's blog failed. This guy could have probably got a position proofreading it.

Old 09-27-2021, 03:53 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I mean, lets assume you responded in hast and this is a true Freudian slip based on previous posts of yours I have seen.

You are either saying MAGA and BLM are equal(which your previous posts seem to not believe) and both ok

or they are equal and both racially bad.
No but that's only because the poster you are quoting isn't coming to a moronic conclusion.

Old 09-27-2021, 03:54 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
He should do his job. Odd that so many here who have commented don't care when Congress oversteps their authority and doesn't do their job.

Old 09-27-2021, 04:18 PM

1,601 posts, read 867,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Isn't it ironic how FedEx responded so quickly and severely to this. It is wrong of course for the driver to refuse to do his job no matter what political signs are posted in the yard but one has to wonder how quickly they would have responded if this was a driver that refused to step foot onto a property that was flying a MAGA flag?

Somehow I don't think it would have been a big deal and that driver IF he lost his job would have been making the rounds on the late night Lefty talk shows...

He should absolutely have been fired, but you raise an interesting point. If a FedEx driver refused to deliver to a house flying a Confederate flag, I'm guessing he would not have been fired.

Old 09-27-2021, 04:26 PM

16,591 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I'm sure he knew there would be repercussions.

I'd buy him endless rounds of beers though

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fedex-fir...205944592.html

https://twitter.com/LivingBlueTX/sta...53086971019268
Why?

The guy has a job to do, and even if he despises certain politicians, ideology, etc., he is still expected to do his job.
It would be no different than a driver refusing to deliver to Trump supporters or those with NRA stickers. Both are wrong, and I agree with FedEx firing him.
He would not get a beer from me, as I'd rather give a homeless guy a beer, because he likely has more sense than this FedEx fool.

`

Old 09-27-2021, 05:11 PM

46,952 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
It's called an analogy. Look it up.
That's not really how argument by analogy works, though, is it? Postulating an unfounded hypothetical and using that as a basis for a claim of double standard doesn't really establish any sort of basis that the double standard exists in real life.

Meh, nevermind.

Old 10-01-2021, 01:47 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,551 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
No but that's only because the poster you are quoting isn't coming to a moronic conclusion.
So you admit, his analogy makes no sense, great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies