Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2021, 09:20 AM

14,950 posts, read 12,153,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Anybody watch CNN this morning? They had some guy on discussing the 30% increase in murders this last year, and he basically blamed law abiding gun owners. (Though not in so many words.)

The ghist that I got was, most gun crimes (murders) are committed with illegal / stolen weapons.

Therefore "gun violence" and murder is actually the fault of legal gun owners who's guns are stolen by criminals.

So it goes to reason that if lawfully armed citizens were denied the right to own guns and guns were confiscated from legal owners, then criminals wouldn't have as many guns available to steal - hence crime should drop.

Excuse me while I go beat my head against a wall. I thought even Gumby would have trouble stretching that far, but it seems to be a perfectly natural solution in the minds of some.

Opinions?
Consider the source.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2021, 09:20 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Do you actually have an argument? Perhaps you can tell me if you think 'more guns' is the answer!? The more guns there are 'over there' the worse gun crime is getting!

Of course if you have anything to prove otherwise....................?
Huh?

Oh. You don't read the stuff you reply to. Now I understand.

This is what I wrote, by the way. Maybe respond to that, instead of whatever's stuck in your head that you think I'm saying. Also, every single response you've given me has only served to prove what I wrote below. You've been programmed and are acting accordingly - in a highly emotional way. That's the program, glad you've gotten with it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Your understanding of the gun laws and culture in this country has been informed by television, movies and politicians. Sorry, but it's just obvious.

Have you ever had a conversation with a small child, where they start telling you a story that's supposed to be real, but it's clear that it's just their imagination running wild? That's how we view comments like yours. You're saying all kinds of things that seem perfectly reasonable to you, the person without any connection to or experience with the culture you're opining about, but to someone who's involved and actually understands the subject matter, the things you're saying are laughable.

The statistics you cited are big, waving red flags. Bringing them out without providing the appropriate context or even any other stats shows that you don't really understand them. You've been programmed. "38k dead! More likely to be used against you! Think of the children! ROAD RAGE!!!!" You're a fountain of anti-gun propaganda. Which is expected, I guess, all things considered.

Old 09-28-2021, 09:25 AM

50,298 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
38'000+ isn't what I would call 'a relative few', so do you propose doing nothing about it? Perhaps you are of the mind that 'more guns' would help!?
We are pretty much at the saturation point with the number of existing laws. There is no real use of just layering laws upon other duplicate laws. That is where we are now. Our local govt just passed a ban on "ghost guns" that was already covered in a State law, yet, they still exist. A Federal ban on "Ghost guns" would just triple down the worthlessness of the law.

Old 09-28-2021, 09:45 AM

4,661 posts, read 1,953,608 times
all the laws in the World won't stop the criminals. And if you don't like part of the constitution there are remedies to change those parts. Good Luck on that(here's a hint you have no chance of changing the 2ned amendment). Finally this is typical CNN deflection. The majority of gun violence we see is in urban, largely black areas of the inner cities. It's impossible for CNN to possibly hold this group responsible for their actions. There brains would explode if they even tried. So therefore it must be the fault of the legal gun owners. Whom CNN likely thinks are all White Trump supporters.

Old 09-28-2021, 09:46 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
38'000+ isn't what I would call 'a relative few', so do you propose doing nothing about it? Perhaps you are of the mind that 'more guns' would help!?
The Constitution says they cannot infringe...its that simple, it doesnt matter what the Govt wants...

Besides that, have you ever wondered why the govt is so frightened of citizens having firearms? LOL

Old 09-28-2021, 09:48 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,701,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Anybody watch CNN this morning? They had some guy on discussing the 30% increase in murders this last year, and he basically blamed law abiding gun owners. (Though not in so many words.)

The ghist that I got was, most gun crimes (murders) are committed with illegal / stolen weapons.

Therefore "gun violence" and murder is actually the fault of legal gun owners who's guns are stolen by criminals.

So it goes to reason that if lawfully armed citizens were denied the right to own guns and guns were confiscated from legal owners, then criminals wouldn't have as many guns available to steal - hence crime should drop.

Excuse me while I go beat my head against a wall. I thought even Gumby would have trouble stretching that far, but it seems to be a perfectly natural solution in the minds of some.

Opinions?
I enjoy pounding your head, I wholeheartedly agree. You and those like you are destroying America.

Old 09-28-2021, 10:18 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,029,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
We are pretty much at the saturation point with the number of existing laws. There is no real use of just layering laws upon other duplicate laws. That is where we are now. Our local govt just passed a ban on "ghost guns" that was already covered in a State law, yet, they still exist. A Federal ban on "Ghost guns" would just triple down the worthlessness of the law.
Do you mean with the number of existing 'gun' laws or 'laws' in general? I would suggest that with 38'000 people a year losing their lives over guns the US governments should be doing everything they can no matter what? 38'000 lives is a LOT of tragedy. Gun violence may not be the fault of 'lawful gun owners' for sure but it IS the fault of collective heads being stuck into the sand, people turning a blind eye and the lack of any substantial gun controls in the law surely! Perhaps the best course of action would be to mimic the gun laws (or even some of them) of countries that suffer FAR less with gun violence (which is ALL of them) would be a start? Instead of harping on about having your rights taken away or 'rogue' government (both absolutely ridiculous arguments) how about looking into it!?

Old 09-28-2021, 10:21 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,029,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
The Constitution says they cannot infringe...its that simple, it doesnt matter what the Govt wants...

Besides that, have you ever wondered why the govt is so frightened of citizens having firearms? LOL
Are you saying the US government is 'frightened' of its citizens!?

Old 09-28-2021, 10:33 AM

19,722 posts, read 10,128,243 times
Quote:
Then what bloody difference does it make! 38'000+ Americans get shot to death every year, what colour they are, how tall they are, the colour of their eyes or how old they are is irrelevant surely? 30 people in the UK got shot to death last year, that includes black, white, yellow or blue people, we have black people, we have inner city gangs, we have poverty, we have crime, what we don't have is a gun each, or one sitting in our bedside draw, there in case somebody breaks in but probably more likely to be used as a toy by our grandchildren. We are also allowed to own a gun if we want to, the difference is they are licenced and you're not allowed to pull it out of your glove compartment in the car and wave it around at somebody in a road rage incident just because they pulled out in front of you! The fact that your gun laws are so lax is your problem, you don't have to be a genius to work that one out! I think some people watch too many A-Team episodes, too many think they are in the SAS and that they'll drop and roll and effortlessly dispatch the 'bad' guy if ever the opportunity occurred, just because somebody has a gun and wears 48inch camouflage trousers dosn't make them some kind of hero vigilante even if in their head they think it does, there's the problem, its just crazy!
It is the black gang culture. They would kill each other if they had to use rocks to do it. You could eliminate all the guns and the number of black on black killings would not decrease.

Old 09-28-2021, 10:37 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
It is the black gang culture. They would kill each other if they had to use rocks to do it. You could eliminate all the guns and the number of black on black killings would not decrease.
The suicides have to be addressed as well, since they make up over 50% of the shooting deaths.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies