Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2021, 04:30 PM

13,252 posts, read 7,304,105 times

Advertisements

Lindell making more wild claims about his evidence Trump will be back in office before the end of the year. This will be 2nd time Lindell has failed will we have a 3rd time next year?

Old 09-27-2021, 04:37 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,192,672 times
All I know is that I don’t see his My Pillow ads on FOX now.

Old 09-27-2021, 04:43 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,453,685 times
This reminds me of those certain cults. They would be headed by a 'prophet' who predicted the end of the world. The following would gather up on hilltops, abandon their homes and all, awaiting for the end of times.

It didn't happen, naturally we know that because we are still here.

One would think that would be the end of it, the cult leader disgraced and everyone abandoning the false 'prophet'.

But that's not what usually happened. There were always some true believers, the diehards, who would rationalize these colossal failures away and stick to the group as long as the leader was alive, even past that into the next generation. Sometimes the 'prophet' would announce a new date, then another! Incredible.

We are seeing something like that here. The first secular-political cult.

Old 09-27-2021, 04:45 PM

13,252 posts, read 7,304,105 times
I saw another video that Lindell had to sell his private Jet to pay for legal fees. I wonder how long before he ends up bankrupt and Trump turns his back on him. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up one day committing suicide.

Old 09-27-2021, 04:49 PM

13,684 posts, read 9,006,517 times
I have noted elsewhere that Mr. Lindell will, sooner or later, proclaim December 25th to be the day that Mr. Trump is reinstated as President. The latest official date I heard is Thanksgiving.

Yet, to Mr. Lindell and his marks, Christmas Day is a perfect day to anoint Mr. Trump as President for Life. After all, that is the day (not really, of course) that the Savior of Man was born. Since so many think that Mr. Trump is the Savior of White Man, it fits.

It is akin to the Millerites. This was a religious group founded by a Mr. Miller, back in 1840 or so. He preached the End of the World, and gave a specific date, based on calculations derived from the Bible. When the day approached, his followers (modern day Trumper's, no doubt), gave away their possessions, and gathered at a mountain to be lifted to Heaven.

Nothing happened. So, Mr. Miller said that he had miscalculated, and said that the real date was two weeks hence (I think having to do with which calendar to use).

Two weeks later, his followers met on the same mountaintop. At the precise time, a horn was heard! This is it! The Horn of Gabriel!

It turned out to be a village idiot, blowing a ram's horn.

Note to worry. Mr. Miller set the time for a year later (which aggravated those that gave away all they had). Anyway, the time finally came, the remaining followers (for they had decreased in number), climbed that blasted mountain.

This time, they were awarded with the perfect seat to view a thunderstorm below them, blasting their village. Glory be to God, for He was destroying that wicked village of ours! Sinners were being flooded and blasted by lightning, in His Name!

Alas! It was but a thunderstorm, and when it cleared, the village was seen as being whole.

Mr. Miller later died.

Interestingly, those that still believed in Mr. Miller moved to Europe, since Mark Twain noted a colony of them in his book "The Innocents Abroad".

Anyway, the analogy, while not perfect, is pretty clear. Mr. Lindell is Mr. Miller, Mr. Trump is the recipient of the goods given away by his followers.

Old 09-27-2021, 04:58 PM

26,563 posts, read 14,439,886 times
"we will give the evidence to the SCOTUS by thanksgiving"

trump fans, please, tell me that you understand that is not how the SCOTUS works. they are not an investigative body, they debate constitutional issues. it's the job of the lower courts to sort thru evidence. not sure if lindell is stupid, delusional or is trying to pull a fast one on you but it's one of the three.

Old 09-27-2021, 05:26 PM

654 posts, read 279,967 times
I wish he'd keep his mouth shut. He makes REALLY great products!

Old 09-27-2021, 06:03 PM

2,709 posts, read 1,039,534 times
Turns out Mike Lindell's claim that the machines were connected to the internet was correct.

Old 09-27-2021, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisan10 View Post
Turns out Mike Lindell's claim that the machines were connected to the internet was correct.

wrong. one of the many things lindell is wrong about ( including his own assault ).

"Maricopa County uses an air-gapped system, meaning its tabulation equipment is never connected to the internet and is completely separated from the Maricopa County network. There are no routers connected to the system and there never have been. "

https://recorder.maricopa.gov/justthefacts/

Old 09-27-2021, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckatredlightsagain View Post
He makes REALLY great products!
hopefully dominion will keep up the quality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies