Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2021, 04:53 PM

1,969 posts, read 676,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
Unfortunately for him I won't be getting any Pfizer shot.

But I will get J&J again or Novavax.
I wonder why those weren't approved by the FDA yet...

People en masse went from "Big Pharma" evil to "vax me harder daddy". You can't make this stuff up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2021, 04:54 PM

18,802 posts, read 8,471,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easternman View Post
Pfizer CEO says that we will need Covid-19 booster shots every year for the rest of our lives.

https://www.businessinsider.com/pfiz...s-shots-2021-8

Are you OK with the fact that the medical establishment along with the government are planning to put all of us on chronic life support like if we were HIV or Diabetes sufferers?

Societies around the world were told to make the sacrifice for the greater good and go along with the mass vaccination program so that we can reach herd immunity, save the life of the elderly and return back to normal as fast as possible.

Here in my area, all of my young coworkers and friends agreed to be vaxxed for this greater good and not because we were at risk of Covid-19. Everyone that I know caught it last year in my age group (30's and 40's) in our cramped European city and we were all over it in a week (general symptoms: taste and smell lost & mild flu-like headspace). But we did our duty. We all thought that it's overkill to vaccinate the young and healthy instead of letting every fit member of society gain natural immunity. We did our duty nonetheless. Have we all been betrayed?

Are you okay to be mandated to 'update' your immune system by the vaccine annually or else you're kicked out of society? Btw, what's up with China? How is it possible that they are pretty much done with Covid-19 without vaccines? A country of 1,4 billion.
It is much easier for a totalitarian gov't with a relatively politically uniform population to control a pandemic. A libertarians nightmare.

We have guessed for over a year now that being a mutation prone coronavirus, that the future of th Pandemic would be more endemic like Influenza.

Old 09-28-2021, 04:57 PM

18,802 posts, read 8,471,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
We're supposed to get a flu shot every year so add the covid shot to what we'll get. Not a big deal.

They are working on pills to take for prevention and also better treatments for those who do get sick. The "experts" seem to be saying that by next spring we'll be nearly back to normal. I think they've done a pretty good job. BTW, I think a covid shot is more important for a lot of people than a silly chicken pox shot for kids. Just about the same for mumps, which isn't a serious illness either. Covid can have devastating after effects.
Moderna is already working on a combo.
When I was in training , one of our medical residents almost died from pox pneumonia. And Shingles, I shouldn't have to tell you!

Old 09-28-2021, 04:58 PM

11,474 posts, read 6,002,443 times
Pfizer CEO "We will need annual profits, muahahaha! Pay us our obscene profits, you dupes."

Old 09-28-2021, 04:58 PM

43,094 posts, read 18,269,535 times
Have they modified the Pfizer vaccine so it lasts longer than 6 months ?

Old 09-28-2021, 05:01 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,987,383 times
Chris Rock "They don't cure s***. They just patch it up"

Old 09-28-2021, 05:12 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,885,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logiatype View Post
I wonder why those weren't approved by the FDA yet...

People en masse went from "Big Pharma" evil to "vax me harder daddy". You can't make this stuff up.
Administrative stuff. It's literally a formality at this point.

Just because Pfizer filed first and was most aggressive doesn't mean it's the best.

Old 09-28-2021, 05:14 PM

19,029 posts, read 27,599,679 times
Actually, as it’s substituting for natural immune response, being a crutch, it does develop HIV like response. Shot immune dependency. It is a fact beyond any argument that, the very moment you introduce any naturally produced component from the outside, body stops producing it. And switches over to the artificial supply.
This is how you have medications dependent nation. The, one day, supply stops and boommm….

Old 09-28-2021, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Have they modified the Pfizer vaccine so it lasts longer than 6 months ?
The immunity is dependent upon what we do as humans.

Because the other group of homo sapiens are dumb, the vaccine mediated immunity will drop soon.

This virus is not stable unfortunately so welcome to the Roulette table.

Old 09-28-2021, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Actually, as it’s substituting for natural immune response, being a crutch, it does develop HIV like response. Shot immune dependency. It is a fact beyond any argument that, the very moment you introduce any naturally produced component from the outside, body stops producing it. And switches over to the artificial supply.
This is how you have medications dependent nation. The, one day, supply stops and boommm….
No that's only in regards to hormones.

A foreign invader is going to be attacked, whether it's virulent or not. The body treats it the same.

I agree that vaccines shouldn't be the only component, but it is the quickest gun we have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies