Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2021, 05:25 AM

8,181 posts, read 2,787,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
What are you even talking about? Don't you realize elected officials have qualified immunity against being sued in personal capacity for policy decisions?
Qualified. If acting outside the scope of his duties or if he's acting with gross negligence he should be held personally liable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2021, 05:26 AM

1,904 posts, read 1,043,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
They do work a little bit. But if you read my post you would see the real danger is if you get sick, doctors and nurses have been so brainwashed they won't treat you right. Especially now they are 100% brainwashed people left in the game.

But this isn't about it working... it is about staying in the game to effect change. Disenfranchising all conservatives will just cripple their voice for years. The only way to right this ship is to have some people at least stay in the game...

Get the J&J Vaccine and trust your body to deal with one insult to it. Most people who are not vaccinated have good health and thus the body will be able to take it.

Read up on things you can do to reduce the ill effects of the vaccine, vitamin D, making sure you have a qualified person injecting you... and get it over with.

Then reign down hellfire in 2022.. via voting and convincing people to vote with you.

this one works....for about 3 mths!~

THEN it makes your immune system more susceptible to the Delta....

Old 09-29-2021, 05:31 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,575,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
That’s good news. Usually Europeans catch on first. Americans are slow, but eventually do wake up.
Can you name any examples of when simple 'protesting' changed what the govt wanted to implement?

Old 09-29-2021, 05:49 AM

4,157 posts, read 4,871,146 times
Quote:
Completely agree. And social security.

I am a federal worker as well and I got the vaccine. The reason is simple... my workplace was not required under Biden's mandate but the people in charge voluntarily chose to do it. I hate them all and I am definitely now a non cooperative employee, but, I came to realization that quitting or letting them fire me would not only serve them.

I am concerned that this is a way of eliminating the thinkers of this society from the workplace. The troublemakers. The people that will stand up for themselves. It also makes a lot of those people poor - as the best jobs for non elites are generally federal or state and local jobs. Not to mention that some will actually die from covid 19 and what I mean by that is if you get it now and you are unvaccinated you can be sure the employees will not give you the best care.

So I think that a lot of people have to see the long game here... get the vaccine stay in the game and get the revenge later.

I do think this mandate is *shocking* to the conscious of most Americans and people won't forget in 2022.

But I think the anti vaccine forces need to start looking into ways to protect people who need to get the vaccine. And stop calling on them to quit. Look at new york, they are just going to bring in foreign workers to replace those who quit.

The strong minded are just disenfranchising themselves.
Most people on Social Security have paid into the system through decades of hard work and have earned those benefits so they're not free government handouts like welfare. The government has no right to withhold Social Security payments over not getting vaxed.

Old 09-29-2021, 05:52 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,414,151 times
Nothing concrete from OSHA yet, and a recent press release from the Biden admin says contractors will have until Dec 8 to comply with the vaxx mandate. In the meantime, just the announcement of a mandate has caused job loss, lawsuits, divisiveness, market disruption...
Good plan

Old 09-29-2021, 05:53 AM

7,234 posts, read 4,541,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkins View Post
this one works....for about 3 mths!~
THEN it makes your immune system more susceptible to the Delta....
Honestly, I am not buying that anymore. It has been long enough now to see if people were dying of immune system failures and I am not seeing it. We are not seeing mass runs on hospitals in highly vaccinated states. It has been long enough now to get a good picture. Southern states are having reduced case numbers now that they are not all stuck inside with Air Conditioning.

Is the vaccine as effective as they would like you to believe. NOPE. But still it does offer some small protection. The goal should be get get covid when the protection from the vaccine is at its greatest.

In addition, if you have a strong immune system, which I think I do because I have taken care of it, no diabetes, weight loss, high vitamin D, then it will be a small reduction.

Old 09-29-2021, 05:56 AM

19,796 posts, read 9,331,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Can you name any examples of when simple 'protesting' changed what the govt wanted to implement?
This is an often used example, but what about the Vietnam War?

Many, many historical books and websites give at least SOME credit to the end of our active involvement in Vietnam and Cambodia to the massive protests that occurred -- that and the fact that the war was actually "brought" into our homes via our television sets. (It is easy to ignore something that is not in front of our faces every night.)

For example, I am sure that most people are aware that toddlers don't like having anything forced on them that they don't want, including masks, but look how much attention this one video of just one crying little boy has received! (I am fairly sure that such scenes take place a hundred times a day, at least.)

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...es-terror.html

Old 09-29-2021, 06:01 AM

8,181 posts, read 2,787,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
Most people on Social Security have paid into the system through decades of hard work and have earned those benefits so they're not free government handouts like welfare. The government has no right to withhold Social Security payments over not getting vaxed.
Exactly. Social security shouldn't even exist. Social security is my money.

What national pension fund invests the entire trust fund in treasuries only, and lets Congress raid it for pocket change whenever it feels like it? SSA failed in its fiduciary duty to the American people. For anyone with anything in the way of marketable skills, social security is a scam.

I did some math the other day and found out that my FICA contributions, earning me market returns (S&P 500) would earn me between 3-5x the "benefits" that social security would net me without ever touching principal.

Old 09-29-2021, 06:06 AM

4,157 posts, read 4,871,146 times
Quote:
Honestly, I am not buying that anymore. It has been long enough now to see if people were dying of immune system failures and I am not seeing it. We are not seeing mass runs on hospitals in highly vaccinated states. It has been long enough now to get a good picture. Southern states are having reduced case numbers now that they are not all stuck inside with Air Conditioning.

Is the vaccine as effective as they would like you to believe. NOPE. But still it does offer some small protection. The goal should be get get covid when the protection from the vaccine is at its greatest.

In addition, if you have a strong immune system, which I think I do because I have taken care of it, no diabetes, weight loss, high vitamin D, then it will be a small reduction.
I don't know how old you are but sometimes things lie dormant inside the body for years if not decades before they become visible in the form of disease. So it could be up to a decade or more before we know the true impact of these mRNA vaccines on the immune system function and continued '"reprogramming" with repeated booster shots.

Old 09-29-2021, 06:12 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,414,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
Read up on how SS really works and you'll find you are not entitled to any payments from the scheme.

Oh and your "contributions" to the scheme are gone faster than you can look at your check stub. Other than a empty promise nothing is set aside for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies