Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2021, 11:09 AM

19,801 posts, read 9,341,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
OK, how is it controversial? Is someone here going to support brawling at an amusement park?
It has been my observation that any current event that involves violence ends up on P&OC.

I could be wrong about that, but I don't think I am.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2021, 11:23 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,153,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
it's not required to be.
If you took the time to read the whole thread, you'd see upthread a variety of politically themed comments that have no relevance to the issue in question.

Old 09-29-2021, 11:23 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,655,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Liberal states are hell holes.

Why? Liberals live there.

Old 09-29-2021, 11:28 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,655,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
and this is why, i laugh at yall. in other threads, yall sit here saying "why does race matter?" then the moment you can paint black people in a negative light, all of a sudden, you see bright vivid colors.

All those critical race theory threads where yall act like you want the concept of race eliminated, then when there's a fight somewhere halfway across the country in another city...."RACE!".

LOL
"Y'all"????? That is an example of deliberate attempts to ignore assimilation and to be perceived differently. We use "y'all" in conversation in the south, but do not write that way.

Violence in America IS ABOUT RACE when 6% of the population commits over 60% of the violent crime.

Black people are the ones "portraying themselves in a negative light". If you want to be perceived differently, then blacks should stop committing so many crimes.

When encountering someone you do not know (and will not have time to know), one must rely on some information about the value, benefit, and safety of the encounter. If all the statistics suggest "danger/violent" then only a fool would behave differently.

Do you react differently when you encounter a kitten vs a tiger? Why?

Old 09-29-2021, 11:30 AM

27,550 posts, read 28,636,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
This isn't political.
That’s some good stand-up comedy there.

Old 09-29-2021, 11:36 AM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
It has been my observation that any current event that involves violence ends up on P&OC.

I could be wrong about that, but I don't think I am.
any violent event where they can get their racism off against black people will be posted.

I don't remember seeing any threads about these white people brawling at ihop last week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eAevLPgebw

Old 09-29-2021, 11:41 AM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
"Y'all"????? That is an example of deliberate attempts to ignore assimilation and to be perceived differently. We use "y'all" in conversation in the south, but do not write that way.

Violence in America IS ABOUT RACE when 6% of the population commits over 60% of the violent crime.

Black people are the ones "portraying themselves in a negative light". If you want to be perceived differently, then blacks should stop committing so many crimes.

When encountering someone you do not know (and will not have time to know), one must rely on some information about the value, benefit, and safety of the encounter. If all the statistics suggest "danger/violent" then only a fool would behave differently.

Do you react differently when you encounter a kitten vs a tiger? Why?
my point stands...YALL say you don't see race until you can paint black people in a negative light. You didn't attack what i said. When it's black history month YALL cry about "why does race matter?...we're all just american"...when there's a fight video all of a sudden race matters. It's that simple.

Old 09-29-2021, 11:47 AM

19,801 posts, read 9,341,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
any violent event where they can get their racism off against black people will be posted.

I don't remember seeing any threads about these white people brawling at ihop last week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eAevLPgebw
Maybe you should start some threads?

I'm absolutely serious about that because it does seem to be true that there are very few threads about whites being involved in violent actions unless it is one-on-one crime -- something like a white man murdering his wife, for example, or a white person killing someone trying to break into their home.

And maybe some more threads about white women having multiple children that they can't afford would be good, too.

I get so tired of reading so many posts that seem to perpetuate the idea that it is mostly non-whites who are responsible for all the violence and that seem to imply that it is only (or mainly) non-white women who have a half-dozen children they can't afford.

Old 09-29-2021, 11:48 AM

2,801 posts, read 3,857,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
So you post a video from 1968. A year that was complete madness (except for maybe at Disneyland).
1968 sure was a peaceful and idyllic year in America. Perfect day to attend Disneyland with your nuclear family or to assassinate a civil rights icon or perhaps a progressive politician running for president. Bobby didn’t get to attend the Convention in Chicago, but it was memorable nonetheless. What a year!

1968 was also great year to send young American men to die in Vietnam. It’s the year of the Tet Offensive. I wonder how many of the 58,220 American soldiers killed in Vietnam died in good ole ‘68. Doesn’t really matter now. Nixon was elected that year and he campaigned on ending the war. I don’t know if he was successful, but he did start a new war. In America this time. The good ole War on Drugs. What did his chief policy advisor on domestic affairs say about the War on Drugs years later? Something like: “The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people…You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities."

1968. What a time to be alive!

I could go on like this because 1968 was one of the most tumultuous years in American history. It’s amazing what nostalgia does to people. It makes them remember only the good and they forget all the bad like it never existed.

So many on here want to shine a spotlight on crime committed by black men, but don’t bother to learn about redlining, housing covenants, the building of the suburbs, deindustrialization, or the building of the housing projects in cities across America. This is supposed to be a website about cities, dominated by American members who post mostly about American cities, but people here don’t seem to even know the recent history of the American city and how poor black neighborhoods became blighted and violent. Most people aren’t here to learn something new. They’re here to have what they already believe validated by the like-minded.

Old 09-29-2021, 12:00 PM

52,707 posts, read 34,531,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
If you took the time to read the whole thread, you'd see upthread a variety of politically themed comments that have no relevance to the issue in question.
I did take the time to read the whole thread ( ), and i could not possibly care less about those comments that trouble you so.
they have nothing to do with my post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies