Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2021, 04:10 PM

4,958 posts, read 2,234,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
This is only applicable to State employees in Florida. Also, the city put forth no evidence at all. The case really can't be applied to any other circumstance.
No evidence was put forth because there is no evidence. What we do know is that COVID vaccines do not prevent COVID infection/spread. The fully vaxxed can still die and kill others, vaxxed or not. There have been no real studies on therapeutics. There have been no real studies on the effectiveness of treatment aka, health system A vs health system B.

Vaccine mandates are the lazy path forward, and yet it still doesn't achieve the expressed results.

So it is time for the cowards to take a seat in the back and let those of us that embrace life and its inherent risks lead the path forward.

Buckle up, buttercup.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2021, 04:17 PM

3,401 posts, read 1,442,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Shame on all you unvaccinated heathens. Don't you realize that God wants you to vaccinate?

New York State's Governor Hochul says so. She has heard for Him personally. She's even wearing a pretty necklace that spells out "vaccinated".

(rolling my eyes)

I chose to vaccinate for health reason. Everyone should have that choice. Scary are America's leaders who say otherwise.
Yup, Governor Hochul has a red phone directly to God's office and she's relaying God's message:

JWK

Old 09-29-2021, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Hell is a lot hotter, and its coming to a town near you.

That's what happens when when folks in government are allowed to buy votes with "free government cheese".

JWK

Old 09-29-2021, 05:42 PM

1,810 posts, read 897,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Shame on all you unvaccinated heathens. Don't you realize that God wants you to vaccinate?

New York State's Governor Hochul says so. She has heard for Him personally. She's even wearing a pretty necklace that spells out "vaccinated".

(rolling my eyes)

I chose to vaccinate for health reason. Everyone should have that choice. Scary are America's leaders who say otherwise.
She’s got a different god then rest of us.

Old 09-30-2021, 08:51 AM

Default One-size-fits-all COVID vaccine jabbers get slapped down again under strict scrutiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
I'm escaping NY and heading to FL since the mandate madness has put my career on the line.

Thanks for posting the LEGAL pov of all this, and I remember you from the Hannity boards(I was Cygnus X-1 there back then).

Good luck!
I think the lawyers representing the teachers union in NY sold the teachers out. Their best case was under the protections of strict scrutiny!

Aside from that there is another victory for those who support and defend the rule of law as opposed to the rule of tyrants. More and more of these vaccine jabber, one-size-fits-all tyrants, are now being required to observe the protections afforded under “strict scrutinyâ€.

A one-size-fits-all COVID vaccine mandate which is not “narrowly tailored†to achieve the government’s compelling purpose, and does not use the “least restrictive means†to achieve the purpose, fails under strict scrutiny.

See: Judge blocks Western Michigan’s vaccine mandate for athletes (religionnews.com)

“WMU’s vaccination requirement for student athletes is not justified by a compelling interest and is not narrowly tailored,†Maloney wrote.

JWK

Old 09-30-2021, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Can't always be cooler State Chris.
As I often say, "Ah Massachusetts, where liberty was born and where it goes to die".
Sad but so true!

The good news is, the trend for liberty is being found in the courts under the protections of strict scrutiny.

Aside from that, the COVID virus will be with us for a very, very long time. We need to learn to live with it by treating it!

JWK

Old 09-30-2021, 11:46 AM

43,057 posts, read 18,223,725 times
Become an illegal and you get a free pass.

Old 09-30-2021, 11:50 AM

8,208 posts, read 3,479,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Good lord, I hate high humidity and heat. Why does liberty have to take a stand in such a hellish place? Why couldn't it have happened in, say, North Dakota? Or UP Michigan? Or Montana? Or northern Maine? I'd move to those places in a minute to avoid tyranny. But not Florida.
Right. Too hot down there.

Old 09-30-2021, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Become an illegal and you get a free pass.

It is absolutely criminal that the Biden Administration is allowing tens of thousands of "migrants" who are not tested for COVID, to cross our southern border, who are then allowed to travel to destinations around our country, COVID infected or not. All this while American citizens, most of whom are obviously covid free, are being fired for not getting the jab.

What on earth is happening in the "land of the free"?

JWK

Old 10-01-2021, 06:53 AM

Default NYC teachers ask Justice Sonia Sotomayor to block vaccine mandate

See New York City school teachers ask Supreme Court to block vaccine mandate | TheHill

09/30/21

"The policy initially provided teachers the ability to opt-out of the vaccine requirement by agreeing instead to undergo weekly COVID-19 screenings. That option was later withdrawn for teachers, however, even as firefighters and police officers continue to be able to opt-out of receiving jabs."

The teachers go on to argue there is no rational and non-discriminatory basis for treating teachers differently than other city workers.

The fact is, under the strict scrutiny test, which is available when a fundamental right hangs in the balance, the New York City mandate fails and the teachers should prevail in a full court hearing.

Keep in mind, a one-size-fits-all COVID vaccine mandate which is not "narrowly tailored" to achieve the government's compelling purpose, which must be clearly stated, and does not use the "least restrictive means" to achieve the purpose, fails under strict scrutiny.

Justice Sonia Sotomayor should grant a temporary injunction and have a full hearing scheduled.

JWK
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies