Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2021, 07:55 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times

Advertisements

In the past there was a political party that disagreed with the free exchange of ideas and information and took to burning books that didn't support their position.

That same political party had their own "paramilitary" arm that committed terrorist attacks, including murder, of those that disagreed with their policies and were "scapegoated" for the parties utter failures.

That same party made some wear a special insignia of their status and held them up for public ridicule.

That same party was also known for "Your papers, please".

Oh, I almost forgot-this same political party demonized the Jewish people and supported and embraced those that promised the extermination of the Jewish people.

Anyone that does not see the similarities between the modern Democratic party and their agencies of the MSM and Pantifa/BLM, and the anti-Semitic actions of many of their members, is either blind or utterly ignorant of history.

Old 09-30-2021, 07:56 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
You can only share on youtube what youtube says is acceptable.
Now who tells youtube what is acceptable ?

Basically who is watching the watchers ?
You can only share on C-D what C-D says is acceptable.

Both sites and every other similar has their rules and regulations.
That “stuff” sometimes gets through does not negate the TOS, here, there or anywhere.

Old 09-30-2021, 08:01 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
So, the only way people can make "reasoned and informed decisions" is when only one side is presented. Gotcha.
How many people are actually interested in both sides?
How many people believed Wakefield and still believe even though he’s been thoroughly debunked?

People visit YouTube, etc. looking for specific content because confirmation biases.
Doesn’t matter which side really.
Everyone is most comfortable in their own echo chambers.

Old 09-30-2021, 08:02 AM

7,148 posts, read 4,742,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
These people in forums like actualized.org are going to bring on the technocracy they hope to avoid with their so-called stage green "progressive values" ... that's more than my opinion, there's enough evidence to suggest that will be what happens. I love that guy's personal development material but can't stomach the content on their forums... a bunch of depressed, pining liberals who want to force their vision of the world on everyone but don't really understand the nuts and bolts of how the system actually works. I can practice radical acceptance but still have an intellectual understanding that the progressive values they push are inherently flawed, because of human nature. You have to have someone in charge of such a system that won't abuse it, and that won't happen, because of our genetics.
I hadn’t heard of actualized but just checked it out briefly. Seems like a bunch of “enlightened” new age type thingy. They do seem confused and depressed you are right about that.

Old 09-30-2021, 08:07 AM

7,148 posts, read 4,742,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
In the past there was a political party that disagreed with the free exchange of ideas and information and took to burning books that didn't support their position.

That same political party had their own "paramilitary" arm that committed terrorist attacks, including murder, of those that disagreed with their policies and were "scapegoated" for the parties utter failures.

That same party made some wear a special insignia of their status and held them up for public ridicule.

That same party was also known for "Your papers, please".

Oh, I almost forgot-this same political party demonized the Jewish people and supported and embraced those that promised the extermination of the Jewish people.

Anyone that does not see the similarities between the modern Democratic party and their agencies of the MSM and Pantifa/BLM, and the anti-Semitic actions of many of their members, is either blind or utterly ignorant of history.
So true, but where’s the other party in Congress? What are they thinking and saying and doing? Do they stand against tyrannical behavior? No. They do not. They aren’t speaking out at all even if they’re unable to change things because the other party has majority. They are silent. That makes them just as guilty.

Old 09-30-2021, 08:08 AM

37,222 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyrv View Post
Im sorry but in regards to THIS "VACCINE" it is NOT MISINFORMATION!!!!!

We have to get this out before more people are hurt!!
Would you mind sharing where you are getting the information that the vaccine is harmful?

Old 09-30-2021, 08:10 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOzarkLady View Post
Who decides what is appropriate on this site? The way I understand it we have authorities who make decisions about public safety. I don't know that the Covid 19 vaccine is not preventing the spread of Covid 19 transmission. I think it does prevent it in most cases, just not all cases, but it mitigates the spread, and by this I mean it lessens the spread in a major way. I cannot put a number on how much because I am not an expert who studied this, all I know it the vaccine retards the spread of the disease and drastically lessons the effects of viral illness.

The main concern I have is the virus may mutate faster than new vaccines can be developed. We have a good means, but as with the common cold, if it mutates very quickly, it may be very difficult to remain vaccinated. This is why it is so important to be vaccinated, to retard the viral mutation.

I truly believe our best hope at this point will be the COVID 19 virus will be like the Flu virus and need yearly vaccinations. The best news may be, like the flu virus, younger folks might be able to forgo vaccinations later if they help us now.
As long as the virus has animal hosts you can not eradicate it or prevent mutations from occurring. The virus, fyi, is more likely to mutate in animals and then be passed back to humans. The reason they are saying mutations can be kept down through vaccinations, which is true, is that there are less people to pass it around. The same phenomenon occurs with naturally acquired immunity as with vaccinated people. However, what the scientist are not saying, and even though they know it is true based on decades upon decades of studies of viral behavior, is that mutations are more likely to occur in the vaccinated or the previously infected than those experiencing their initial infection. This is because the vaccinated and previously infected quickly kill off the recognized virus and might miss a mutation, and because the prominent virus was killed it will have a greater chance of reproducing. The initially infected will have more of the prominent virus which they know will tend to retard the growth of mutated viruses, because interestingly viruses often kill off other viruses. This is well established science. It is also the same general mechanism by which we get antibiotic resistant bacteria.

All that aside, yes people should get the vaccine if they can for their own good because it does appear to lessen the severity of the disease.

But, that is not issue in this thread. The issue is someone has decided to designate “truth” and “misinformation” and they are doing it for a virus/disease in its infancy, which means we don’t even know what we don’t know about it. Science is supposed to be about asking questions and exploring possibilities, not declaring theories as fact.

Old 09-30-2021, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by james112 View Post
If a microchip was implanted in every person, would that be the mark of the beast for real?

That's the plan, according to Klaus Schwab, director and founder of the World Economic Forum. He wants everyone to have a "digital certificates for COVID-19 vaccination status" QR code on them. First on your smartphone. Then, on your body somehow. First on your clothes. Then your skin, and then even a brain implant.

This is probably going to be possible without surgery but using genetic 'vaccines' that can code your cells to make DNA changes that probably are not in the current 'vaccine's but in future versions.

Oh, and he's on youtube. Search "Implanted Microchip, Klaus Schwab, World Economic Forum and The Great Reset"
You mean like the ones they put in cell phones to track your every move?

Old 09-30-2021, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
Well if something saves lives then I am all for it. New Jersey is the best at creating life saving legislation and are experts on saving a life. How many? Oh who knows. Even if it’s just one precious life it’s worth not having access to information, products, alternative points of view by the government or corporations. After all, government and large corporations are controlled by noble people who know what is best. Their moral compass always points in a righteous direction, and they are just plain better than the rest of us heathens. Now shut up and use the glorious services they provide at absolutely no cost at all to you.
Self awareness is the key to getting better.

Old 09-30-2021, 09:59 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
You completely exaggerate the situation it's YouTube not the center of the universe.
Do I now?

https://www.icsahome.com/articles/six-conditions-singer

Best of luck to you and everyone else. This is the beginning of the revolution.

Quote:
How short a time ago, relatively, the small new European world was easily seizing colonies everywhere, not only without anticipating any real resistance, but also usually despising any possible values in the conquered peoples' approach to life. On the face of it, it was an overwhelming success, there were no geographic frontiers to it. Western society expanded in a triumph of human independence and power. And all of a sudden in the twentieth century came the discovery of its fragility and friability. We now see that the conquests proved to be short lived and precarious, and this in turn points to defects in the Western view of the world which led to these conquests. Relations with the former colonial world now have turned into their opposite and the Western world often goes to extremes of obsequiousness, but it is difficult yet to estimate the total size of the bill which former colonial countries will present to the West, and it is difficult to predict whether the surrender not only of its last colonies, but of everything it owns will be sufficient for the West to foot the bill.
https://www.solzhenitsyncenter.org/a-world-split-apart
Attached Thumbnails
News: "YouTube to remove misinformation videos about all vaccines"-1331927a-8147-4f3a-88fe-7d4cdbb96405.jpeg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies