Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2021, 10:38 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...113152030.html

I wonder if Dollar Tree, Dollar Store and Dollar General will change their names?

Don't you just love Biden and all this inflation?
What specific Biden policy do you think has impacted freight price increases?

It is true Biden has not eliminated all the Trump tariffs that increased the price of goods before the pandemic but the main factors increasing prices globally has little to do with Biden and more to do with the impact on the supply chain. Shortage of workers globally, weather disasters, etc......all resulting in increased costs being passed on to consumers.

Dollar general is citing increased freight prices as the cause for their price increase. Not sure Biden can influence global freight prices...

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/01/supp...ommentary.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2021, 10:43 PM

24,624 posts, read 9,454,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JargonJerganJerven View Post
In that case, wages should go up too. Right?
Not in Biden’s America

Old 09-29-2021, 10:43 PM

3,606 posts, read 1,657,855 times
Some good deals there...reading glasses, sunglasses, sunblock, batteries (get alkaline, not "heavy duty"), birthday cards (not big selection though), and big bags of spaghetti pasta for a buck are a few off the top of my head now.

Old 09-29-2021, 10:44 PM

33,321 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylerrose View Post
Some Dollar General stores have a special home decor specialty item dept.

They sell small lamps, specialty dishes, artwork, decorative items, attractive containers, etc.
I found out last year, and started a nice little collection of cutesy items for my small kitchen
that I have gutted to studs and am renovating. I got some beautiful bumble bee themed
metal canisters that are gorgeous. I found some great serving dishes that match my already
purchased tableware perfectly. Dollar General also carries nice wall art. One of my fav finds
was a cute little bright blue ceramic Dutch oven that goes great with my blue themed kitchen.

A couple Christmas's ago, I went to Dollar General and bought gift bags full of lovely scented
candles and various nice gift items that I wrapped and proudly presented to my son and daughter
in law for a Christmas Eve surprise. The candles alone would have cost a fortune anywhere else.

I used to go into Dollar Tree several years ago to buy discontinued luxury brand soaps and
bathroom boutique goodies, as well as towels and small linens. Then the stores in my area
went down in quality so I stopped looking and switched to Dollar General.

I spent about $110 bucks total at Dollar General this year on home decor items and well worth it!
I also found some very attractive and great quality glass pantry storage containers that had bright
pretty rainbow colored rings on top for my pantry at Family Dollar. I paid about 40 bucks and there
is an attractive container with a super tight sanitary seal for all my dry goods on shelves.
All of the Dollar Trees that I have been in stay clean (in a custodial sense).

All the Doller Generals I've been in have been filthy.

Old 09-29-2021, 10:46 PM

2,355 posts, read 1,152,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Two Dollar Tree
Or they just give you less for the original amount, hence you have:

Dollar Bush

Old 09-29-2021, 10:46 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Understandable that Dollar Tree may have to raise prices but giving up the "everything is one price" is saddening.
Bringing things in from The Dollar Stores means, for me personally, taking away the lure.
I'd rather they kept them separate even if they went to "Everything $1.10 or even $1.25, even if percentage wise, that is a bigger jump than it might be.
I just like walking around, grabbing things and not having to check prices.
Dollar store and Dollar GEneral haven't been exclusively dollar stores for years -

Old 09-29-2021, 11:52 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,829,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Dollar store and Dollar GEneral haven't been exclusively dollar stores for years -
The 99 Cent Stores now carry items costing several dollars as well as most of the store still at 99 cents.

Old 09-30-2021, 01:47 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Opps...... meant to say
bringing in stuff from Dollar General to Dollar Tree.

Old 09-30-2021, 02:34 AM

23,222 posts, read 29,040,205 times
And if Mr. BankTrumptcy had been re-elected, Dollar Tree would have had gone to all the expense of changing their signage to 50 cent stores and the 99 cent stores would have become 49 cent stores.

Old 09-30-2021, 03:22 AM

24,624 posts, read 9,454,674 times
Biden can’t even pay back his taxes, why on earth did liberals expect him to manage the US economy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies