Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2021, 10:04 PM

4,515 posts, read 2,520,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roodd279 View Post
Nope. Not odd at all. Not statistically.

What IS odd, though, is the conclusions people leap to without understanding what they're reading, and taking at face-value whichever editorial they took the numbers from.

As more and more people are vaccinated - more and more sick people will ALSO be vaccinated.

When 100% of people are vaccinated - then 100% of covid patients will ALSO be vaccinated, and your conclusion, then, would be that Vaccines don't work at all. That's silly.

The "old" population of Israel is approaching 100% vaccination, except religious hold-outs. As a result - nearly all COVID cases of seniors in Israel are vaccinated. Simple math. Not a scam. Not some problem with the vaccine. Instead, it's the inevitable - and entirely predictable - conclusion.
That's why they are trying to get 100% vaxed...so when people are dropping dead that are vaxed, they can try to pass it off as other causes. If 70% vaxed, and only the vaxed start dropping like flies this winter, people will realize it's the vax causing it.

Old 10-01-2021, 08:23 AM

18,804 posts, read 8,462,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Isn't it odd that, those who are naturally protected against virus, are still forced to be unnecessarily vaccinated? While, in Europe, certificate of antibodies presence is adequate to the green passport of vaccinated?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynp40fnmIww
I'm told some parts of the EU are accepting proof of specific T cell immunity in lieu of the vaccination for those recovered.

Old 10-01-2021, 08:24 AM

18,804 posts, read 8,462,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btu17988 View Post
Yup they are highly liying and nothing can help those who believe!!
Different vaccines, different vaccination timing, and different demographics.

Both current and unfortunate outcomes are genuine.

Old 10-01-2021, 08:39 AM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roodd279 View Post
Nope. Not odd at all. Not statistically.

What IS odd, though, is the conclusions people leap to without understanding what they're reading, and taking at face-value whichever editorial they took the numbers from.

As more and more people are vaccinated - more and more sick people will ALSO be vaccinated.

When 100% of people are vaccinated - then 100% of covid patients will ALSO be vaccinated, and your conclusion, then, would be that Vaccines don't work at all. That's silly.

The "old" population of Israel is approaching 100% vaccination, except religious hold-outs. As a result - nearly all COVID cases of seniors in Israel are vaccinated. Simple math. Not a scam. Not some problem with the vaccine. Instead, it's the inevitable - and entirely predictable - conclusion.
Repped.

Old 10-01-2021, 08:43 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,711,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Isn't it odd that highly vaccinated counties such as Israel, Iceland and Singapore are reporting huge outbreaks among the vaccinated and yet, the CDC continues to claim the US outbreak is only among the unvaccinated?

Isn't it odd that the small Indian state which chose the vaccine over Ivermectin is accounting for over 60% of Covid cases while the huge state which used Ivermectin has almost zero cases - and yet, the CDC still claims the vaccine works and Ivermectin doesn't?

Isn't it odd that the CDC continues to deny the findings of their own VAERS reporting system and claim the vaccine is "safe" despite VAERS reporting over 15,000 deaths?

Isn't it odd that the CDC is ignoring the recommendation of the FDA not to endorse the Pfizer booster for young people and yet, they are endorsing it anyway?

Isn't it odd that time and time again, the CDC has been caught lying to America.

Isn't it odd, many do not trust them.
Oddest of all is that millions still do.

Old 10-01-2021, 08:59 AM

5,318 posts, read 3,204,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
It is odd. Weird even.

I don't think these decisions are driven by logic. There is something else at work here.
It boils down to having an idiot as the leader of their "movement". Hey, this guy talks and thinks like me! Hey this guy says what he wants! I'm going to say what I want! This guy pulls random "statistics" out of thin air and everyone believes it! I'm going to pull random "statistics" out of thin air! This guy is a "winner" despite the "fake news". I'm only going to believe non-fake news! The gubmint is out to get us!

It is what it is. Generally speaking, me and people I know were brought up with manners and understood that we can all disagree and leave it at that. But apparently, once you bolt the Trump flags to your 87 Silverado, you seem to know everything, believe anything (as long as it comes from a non-fake news site) and instantly become an expert on things you never dreamed possible. Medicine, finance, taxes....the list goes on and on.

Meanwhile, the rest of the civilized world is getting on with life because we know we're not all doctors and scientists and defer that the people who studied it.

At the end of the day, if these clowns think I'm taking medical advice from someone who worships a guy who pondered, aloud, "I wonder if we should ingest bleach"....the answer is thanks, but no thanks. They have zero credibility when it comes to anything to do with medicine and science.

Old 10-01-2021, 05:35 PM

58 posts, read 41,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
It boils down to having an idiot as the leader of their "movement". Hey, this guy talks and thinks like me! Hey this guy says what he wants! I'm going to say what I want! This guy pulls random "statistics" out of thin air and everyone believes it! I'm going to pull random "statistics" out of thin air! This guy is a "winner" despite the "fake news". I'm only going to believe non-fake news! The gubmint is out to get us!

It is what it is. Generally speaking, me and people I know were brought up with manners and understood that we can all disagree and leave it at that. But apparently, once you bolt the Trump flags to your 87 Silverado, you seem to know everything, believe anything (as long as it comes from a non-fake news site) and instantly become an expert on things you never dreamed possible. Medicine, finance, taxes....the list goes on and on.

Meanwhile, the rest of the civilized world is getting on with life because we know we're not all doctors and scientists and defer that the people who studied it.

At the end of the day, if these clowns think I'm taking medical advice from someone who worships a guy who pondered, aloud, "I wonder if we should ingest bleach"....the answer is thanks, but no thanks. They have zero credibility when it comes to anything to do with medicine and science.

So... the idiot you refer to actually got the vaccine, encourages people to get it, and put in measures to create the fastest vaccine development in history. And, I hate to tell you but you do NOT have manners when you refer to people as "idiots" and "clowns" and stereotype them as having over 30 year old trucks.

And, his bleach comment was not advising people to ingest bleach... he merely stated that since bleach kills the virus, perhaps remedies could be developed using a variation of it. He was thinking out loud. What do you think chemo is? It is poison that kills cancer but also kills good cells as well. Is it perfect? No. Do people live because of it? Yes they do..

Sorry, but your points only make you look... let's be nice and say "silly".

Old 10-01-2021, 05:39 PM

12,946 posts, read 13,328,106 times
Quote:
Who pays you to write such drivel?

"...so country becomes 100% vaccinated and people will still get ill and die. What was the point ..."

No consideration for the effectiveness of a vaccine?

70% of the population is vaccinated. They account for less than 2% of the hospitalization due to Covid.

30% is unvaccinated. They account for 98% of the hospitalization due to Covid. Most of those 98% are preventable with a vaccine.

Go ahead, dispute those numbers.

If the country is 100% vaccinated the number of hospitalization due to Covid will shrink, and the deaths will shrink as well. There will still be some unfortunate victims, but there will be far less and the preventable deaths will have been prevented. If we need boosters to keep up this higher level of protection so be it.

Figure it out for yourself and quit spewing nonsense.

~

https://www.sorryantivaxxer.com/
Math is hard for the antivaxxers.

Old 10-01-2021, 06:28 PM

58 posts, read 41,199 times
I got the vaccines, however, one thing I don't understand. The vaccines are supposedly so good that it keeps those vaccinated out of the hospital and I generally agree that appears to be true.

It does not appear to prevent people from getting the virus. I had both shots and caught it 4 months after the 2nd shot. It wasn't so bad, so the vaccine may have helped. I'm generally healthy, so I don't think lifestyle or preexisting conditions were a factor.

So, the vaccine doesn't prevent you from getting it or from spreading it. However, it appears to help the symptoms from leading to hospitalization and/or death.

So, why are many that are vaccinated so upset at the unvaccinated, often referring to them as idiots, clowns or other putdowns? If someone is vaccinated, they should be protected from hospitalization and/or death. That's what we constantly are told. Therefore, an unvaccinated individual is making his/her own cost/benefit analysis. If they are wrong, it's on them.

Am I to believe that many shouting the most at the unvaxxed are doing it for their (the unvaxxed) own good? The same people they vilify and call stupid and can't do math? Doesn't that seem "odd"?

Old 10-01-2021, 07:02 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Quote:

"...so country becomes 100% vaccinated and people will still get ill and die. What was the point ..."

No consideration for the effectiveness of a vaccine?

70% of the population is vaccinated. They account for less than 2% of the hospitalization due to Covid.

30% is unvaccinated. They account for 98% of the hospitalization due to Covid. Most of those 98% are preventable with a vaccine.

Go ahead, dispute those numbers.

If the country is 100% vaccinated the number of hospitalization due to Covid will shrink, and the deaths will shrink as well. There will still be some unfortunate victims, but there will be far less and the preventable deaths will have been prevented. If we need boosters to keep up this higher level of protection so be it.

Figure it out for yourself and quit spewing nonsense.

~

https://www.sorryantivaxxer.com/
Math is hard for the antivaxxers.
Indeed.

In fact, one can say that they believe what they want to believe. There is no reasonableness in it, nothing rational about it.

It is very juvenile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies