Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2021, 03:06 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,866,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Good point!

Also good points!

To the naysayers here, all people have to do is pay attention to the wording. If they say you must get the vaccine, tell them you're not getting it. 'Then you quit?' The answer to that is, 'No, I'm not quitting. In fact, if we're done, I'd like to get back to work.'

They want you to say, 'Yes, I guess so....' Don't do it.

'I'm afraid a condition of employment is being vaccinated.' 'I'm not going to be vaccinated.' 'So you're saying you quit?'

They'll keep turning it around to what YOU are doing. Don't fall for it. Make them terminate you, and take copious notes about every meeting you have with someone to discuss this.
Because what you are doing is not meeting the terms of employment your employer has set out for the job. That means it absolutely is on you.

And if you no longer meet the terms of employment it's perfectly acceptable for that employer to tell you you will no longer be employed there. The employer has that right. It's called being fired for cause.

You can dance and dance and dance all you like and think you're being so very clever, but in the end, if you refuse to meet the terms of employment to hold that job, you lose that job. And guess what? You get no unemployment benefits if you are fired for cause.

You guys were all fine with at will employment before COVID. It's funny how quickly you all changed your minds once it started impacting YOU.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2021, 03:13 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,233,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Because what you are doing is not meeting the terms of employment your employer has set out for the job. That means it absolutely is on you.

And if you no longer meet the terms of employment it's perfectly acceptable for that employer to tell you you will no longer be employed there. The employer has that right. It's called being fired for cause.

You can dance and dance and dance all you like and think you're being so very clever, but in the end, if you refuse to meet the terms of employment to hold that job, you lose that job. And guess what? You get no unemployment benefits if you are fired for cause.

You guys were all fine with at will employment before COVID. It's funny how quickly you all changed your minds once it started impacting YOU.
Right then let them fire you don't quit

Old 10-01-2021, 03:33 PM

78,318 posts, read 60,517,579 times
I'm clever enough to know that being fired for cause is not going to happen over a Covid vaccine, it's typically reserved for things like felonies.

Also, at will employment has nothing to do with the point of people trying to erroneously claim that a company can make you resign and it's not firing and thus they don't have to pay you any unemployment etc.

Thanks djohnslaw for responding to that poster, it's nice to know I haven't been missing any improvement in post quality.

Old 10-01-2021, 04:04 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,592,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'm clever enough to know that being fired for cause is not going to happen over a Covid vaccine, it's typically reserved for things like felonies.

Also, at will employment has nothing to do with the point of people trying to erroneously claim that a company can make you resign and it's not firing and thus they don't have to pay you any unemployment etc.

Thanks djohnslaw for responding to that poster, it's nice to know I haven't been missing any improvement in post quality.
Yep. I haven't put anyone on ignore yet, but I see certain names and blow right past the post.

Old 10-01-2021, 05:45 PM

26,450 posts, read 15,049,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Could be that if they are fired they are eligible for unemployment, and if they resign, they're on their own.

NCH is doing them a favor by not letting them get used to unemployment and becoming lazy.
Don't be so authoritarian. They don't deserve the benefits of the system they paid in to, simply because they believe "my body, my choice?"

Old 10-01-2021, 06:45 PM

3,006 posts, read 1,490,709 times
If they can afford one or two months off, they will be in fine shape to demand huge raises when the vaxed are sick or dying and their employers beg the healthy unvaxed to come back.

Old 10-02-2021, 02:47 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,177,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amber rain View Post
Its called terms or condition of employment. When you go to work for an employer they all have terms or conditions of employment. Refuse to abide by those terms and it is called self termination. Folks absolutely have a choice. and that's why it's considered self termination.
This is not what you agreed to when you first went to work.

Old 10-02-2021, 10:20 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,866,999 times
At will employment assures the employer the right to terminate any employee for any reason they deem fit. It is an abhorrent rightwing policy and the right cheered it on as it was being implemented across the country.

I get a real sense of satisfaction now watching these same rightwingers foaming at the mouth because they are being caught in their own policy.

Suck it up, snowflakes. This is your law and now you will be forced to abide by it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies