Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Biden Committing Treason By Not Protecting The Border
Yes 153 77.27%
No 42 21.21%
No sure 3 1.52%
Voters: 198. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2021, 04:09 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redguard57 View Post
Indefinite detention for a misdemeanor would be cruel and unusual punishment.

No I have no connection to any of these migration movements.

I believe in treating people with dignity. So I don't start by believing the worst about these people regardless of where they are from, and want the process to play out humanely. They do not deserve to be mistreated or dehumanized.

But in general I am in favor of more immigration, not less. I would prefer we had a better system for prospective immigrants to use instead of these desperation plays such as claiming asylum. What I would like is something similar to the attempted 2007 immigration reform. As a country we need more workers in numerous fields. Immigration is a way to get workers.
Who's talking about an indefinite detention? If they can't prove they are in our country legally within 72 hours then out they go! Mind you I am talking about illegal aliens who jumped our border not asylum seekers that presented themselves at a legal port of entry. But they shouldn't be allowed into our country unless their claims can be verified. They are given a court date and disappear into our country and never show up!

What are we doing that isn't treating people with dignity? How about illegal aliens having the dignity to follow the legal process to come here! We already know that most of them have committed felony ID theft to gain work or tax evasion. What are we doing that's inhumane to illegal aliens? Who is mistreating them or dehumanizing them? You're bleeding heart is getting in the way of the truth now!

Our quotas for legal immigration should be based on our actual needs and that means skilled workers not leaf blowers that will end up being a fiscal burden to our country. What about the the construction and other blue collared jobs that they have stolen from Americans by working for less and that are making the greedy employers richer while they lay off or discriminate against American workers who only expect a fair wage? Does that mean nothing to you?

Immigration reform? Don't make me laugh that's just a PC code word for amnesty! No rewards for immigration lawbreakers. We tried that back in 1986 and now we have at least quadruple the number of illegal aliens here today and Americans need their jobs back.

We do not need unskilled, uneducated, poor foreigners in our country. We have enough of our own to deal with. We cannot be the flophouse, employment agency and savior to the whole world's needy. Most of these asylum seekers are lying to as they don't meet the criteria for a valid asylum claim!

Old 10-02-2021, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
Short of placing 2 guards around the clock every 1/4- 1/2 mile along the both coasts and the Canadian border, the border is open. If someone truly intent on harming America wants in they can get in.

I have lived in Michigan, Chicago and Tucson AZ and have spent half of my life within 2 miles of the border with Canada, believe me, if someone wanted to get in they could.

The manpower to close the border and the cost that it would truly entail i think is far higher than most people on here could comprehend.

The border issue is using a boogeyman to get a bunch of people mad at Biden, Obama or whomever, it’s a load of crap.

The load of crap is Biden and the Democrats refusing to secure our border as much as possible and advocating for another amnesty. Can we secure our border 100%? Of course not, but even the good walls have proven to be 90% effective in deterring illegal entry and we could do much more including removing all of the incentives for them to come here but Biden and the Democrats don't want that either. Face it, you and yours want this illegal invasion for whatever your personal agendas are! Americans for the rule of law have every right to be mad at Biden and without your stupid boogeyman remarks!

Old 10-04-2021, 02:21 PM
nng

695 posts, read 289,181 times
In a way it could be treason. Massive illegal immigration will help ruin everything taxes will be raised the illegals children get welfare public schools quality goes down more homeless Americans due to rising cost of living and taxation well have to be bilingual to get any job in this country if this keeps up. I think it's ruining the country imo it's really sad the decline of America

Old 10-04-2021, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kombastian23 View Post
The last guy promised to lock it down, so he should be in jail for lying.
If you're referring to Trump he never said he'd lock the border down entirely nor should we but he made every attempt to secure it as well as he could including keeping asylum seekers out of our country until their cases could be verified. Did you just wake up from a long nap or something not to know this or are you just living in denial with your TDS?

Old 10-05-2021, 05:41 AM

10,065 posts, read 7,229,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Who's talking about an indefinite detention? If they can't prove they are in our country legally within 72 hours then out they go! Mind you I am talking about illegal aliens who jumped our border not asylum seekers that presented themselves at a legal port of entry. But they shouldn't be allowed into our country unless their claims can be verified. They are given a court date and disappear into our country and never show up!

What are we doing that isn't treating people with dignity? How about illegal aliens having the dignity to follow the legal process to come here! We already know that most of them have committed felony ID theft to gain work or tax evasion. What are we doing that's inhumane to illegal aliens? Who is mistreating them or dehumanizing them? You're bleeding heart is getting in the way of the truth now!

Our quotas for legal immigration should be based on our actual needs and that means skilled workers not leaf blowers that will end up being a fiscal burden to our country. What about the the construction and other blue collared jobs that they have stolen from Americans by working for less and that are making the greedy employers richer while they lay off or discriminate against American workers who only expect a fair wage? Does that mean nothing to you?

Immigration reform? Don't make me laugh that's just a PC code word for amnesty! No rewards for immigration lawbreakers. We tried that back in 1986 and now we have at least quadruple the number of illegal aliens here today and Americans need their jobs back.

We do not need unskilled, uneducated, poor foreigners in our country. We have enough of our own to deal with. We cannot be the flophouse, employment agency and savior to the whole world's needy. Most of these asylum seekers are lying to as they don't meet the criteria for a valid asylum claim!
You say no one's dehumanizing them but then in the very same post you say you do not want them to be treated with any fair application of justice or procedure, that they should be assumed to not have rights and want to treat them like enemies by their very presence on our soil.

Furthermore you assume none of them could be beneficial. I have a bunch of unskilled and semi-skilled jobs I can't fill; no one even applies. The jobs pay $16-21 an hour. Where are those workers? No one's stealing those jobs from any Americans when an announcement is up for 2 weeks and no one applies.

Old 10-05-2021, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redguard57 View Post
You say no one's dehumanizing them but then in the very same post you say you do not want them to be treated with any fair application of justice or procedure, that they should be assumed to not have rights and want to treat them like enemies by their very presence on our soil.

Furthermore you assume none of them could be beneficial. I have a bunch of unskilled and semi-skilled jobs I can't fill; no one even applies. The jobs pay $17-21 an hour. Where are those workers? No one's stealing those jobs from any Americans when an announcement is up for 2 weeks and no one applies.
What's dehumanizing about having them prove within 72 hours that they are in our country legally? It's inhumane to the American people and to them to keep them in detention for longer than that or to release them into our society where the taxpayer has to pay for their upkeep and they rarely show up for their hearings at a later date. You make no sense at all!

Illegal aliens are our enemies. They violated our immigration laws and are costing the taxpayer over $100 billion a year! The only ones they benefit are the greedy employers who hire them while the rest of us get the shaft in higher taxes, overcrowded conditions, added crime and the further drain on our social and natural resources. I guess committing felony ID theft and/or tax evasion is ok with you to???

You don't know WTH you are talking about! Illegal aliens have flooded the construction industry, landscaping industry, restaurant jobs and many other blue-collared jobs that once paid a fair wage. If we truly had a labor shortage we'd create visas for those jobs. The fact that we haven't is a tell all that there is no true labor shortage and as I said before we don't need a fast food joint, etc. on every corner which creates an artificial labor shortage to justify hiring illegal aliens or flooding our country with "immigrants" to do them. It is totally unacceptable to hire illegal aliens as it's against the law. Apparently laws mean nothing to you! You are either a bleeding heart liberal without any common sense, hire them for profit or have ethnic ties to them. You and yours fool no one!

Old 10-05-2021, 05:58 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Basically abandoning his constitutional duty to faithfully execute the laws of the United States.
The Constitution is clear what defines treason and ^ does not qualify.

Old 10-05-2021, 07:35 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
[quote=Oldglory;62052093

Illegal aliens have flooded the construction industry, landscaping industry, restaurant jobs and many other blue-collared jobs that once paid a fair wage. If we truly had a labor shortage we'd create visas for those jobs. The fact that we haven't is a tell all that there is no true labor shortage and as I said before we don't need a fast food joint, etc. on every corner which creates an artificial labor shortage to justify hiring illegal aliens or flooding our country with "immigrants" to do them. It is totally unacceptable to hire illegal aliens as it's against the law. Apparently laws mean nothing to you! You are either a bleeding heart liberal without any common sense, hire them for profit or have ethnic ties to them. You and yours fool no one![/QUOTE]

The H2B visa was created in 1952 for seasonal non- agriculture workers in a variety of sectors, including but not limited to landscaping/ grounds keeping, forestry, hospitality, construction, restaurants, recreation, amusements, meat/ fish processing, etc.

The visa allows a worker to legally be in the US for 3 years before returning to their home country for at least 3 months before being recruited again. The visa holder may bring their spouse, and unmarried children under 21. The children may attend public schools, qualify for SNAP and an assortment of other benefits.

The number of H2B visas issued annually is minimally 66,000 unless raised by DHS. Returning workers are not counted against the cap. Spouses and children are not counted towards cap.

DHS typically increases annual Caps each fiscal year:

2017- +15,000

2018-+15,000

2019- +30,000

2020*- +35,000

2021- +22,000

* record unemployment due to Covid

70% of H2B visa holders are from Mexico

Federal, state, Social Security and Medicare taxes are withheld.

It is my understanding H2B workers may qualify for child tax credits/ earned income tax credits.

All Admins are under pressure to increase the number of H2B visas. And sometimes that pressure may come from within an Admin when POTUS’ business interests rely on H2B visas.

Jobs in meat/ poultry/ seafood processing, for example, don’t appeal, at prevailing wages to most citizens.
Increasing wages to attract more people impacts profit margins and causes commercial and retail prices to increase. And around we go.

Old 10-05-2021, 07:46 AM

362 posts, read 143,664 times
Absolutely ! If Trump had done the same thing we'd definitely being seeing the word treason thrown around and subsequent corrective action. It's disgusting how dems are above the law...from the politicians to the violent citizens who loot, destroy, and shoot.

Old 10-05-2021, 08:05 AM

362 posts, read 143,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What's dehumanizing about having them prove within 72 hours that they are in our country legally? It's inhumane to the American people and to them to keep them in detention for longer than that or to release them into our society where the taxpayer has to pay for their upkeep and they rarely show up for their hearings at a later date. You make no sense at all!

Illegal aliens are our enemies. They violated our immigration laws and are costing the taxpayer over $100 billion a year! The only ones they benefit are the greedy employers who hire them while the rest of us get the shaft in higher taxes, overcrowded conditions, added crime and the further drain on our social and natural resources. I guess committing felony ID theft and/or tax evasion is ok with you to???

You don't know WTH you are talking about! Illegal aliens have flooded the construction industry, landscaping industry, restaurant jobs and many other blue-collared jobs that once paid a fair wage. If we truly had a labor shortage we'd create visas for those jobs. The fact that we haven't is a tell all that there is no true labor shortage and as I said before we don't need a fast food joint, etc. on every corner which creates an artificial labor shortage to justify hiring illegal aliens or flooding our country with "immigrants" to do them. It is totally unacceptable to hire illegal aliens as it's against the law. Apparently laws mean nothing to you! You are either a bleeding heart liberal without any common sense, hire them for profit or have ethnic ties to them. You and yours fool no one!

I agree with everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies