Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2021, 12:23 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,241,918 times

Advertisements

If these were 85,000 Europeans trying to escape a hellhole coming here, would you conservatives be so up in arms?
Many more thousands of Irish "invaded" our shores during the Potato Famine.

What happened to the ideals of this country "give us your tired and poor" and all that.

Old 09-30-2021, 12:27 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,717,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
If these were 85,000 Europeans trying to escape a hellhole coming here, would you conservatives be so up in arms?

What happened to the ideals of this country "give us your tired and poor" and all that.
You can't be that obtuse, there are millions of people walking over a wide open border and being released by Joe Biden.

Where the hell do you think they will end up?

These Haitians aren't even escaping Haiti, they were already granted official refugee status in Chile, but apparently Chile isn't good enough for them

Last edited by BlakeJones; 09-30-2021 at 12:40 PM..

Old 09-30-2021, 12:29 PM

6,980 posts, read 2,703,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
just wait for the drone shot
.... an armed drone.

Old 09-30-2021, 12:31 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Let us designate two illegals to every liberal household who supports this mess. And Pelosi can take a few dozen with her lavish lifestyle. Will Smith has 25000 feet of housing . He can take a few hundred.

Old 09-30-2021, 12:32 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,126,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
Quick call billie bob and the rest of ya'lqueda to shoot innocent hatians
You've done background checks on all of them and know for a fact they are innocent? Bet tons of them are criminals escaping to a place they aren't known "yet" for their criminal history.

Old 09-30-2021, 12:36 PM

19,840 posts, read 12,102,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
You can't be that obtuse, there are millions of people walking over a wide open border and being released by Joe Biden.

Where the hell do you think they will end up?

These Haitians aren't even escaping Haiti, they were already granted official refugee status in Chile, but apparently Chile isn't good enough for them
Yes, they can. It is disheartening how brainwashed Americans have become.

Old 09-30-2021, 12:39 PM

19,840 posts, read 12,102,488 times
Drop the first 20k in Delaware, another 10k on the South Lawn, let the rest camp out at the Capitol. Everyone should be happy then.

Old 09-30-2021, 12:49 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,523,008 times
Quote:

They came thru Ellis island and were vetted/health checked, had sponsors, needed a job, and did not get welfare/housing/govt assistance. They had to learn english, schools did not change to teaching classes in a foreign language. It was Legal immigration vs illegal immigration. That's the difference.

Old 09-30-2021, 12:54 PM

1,069 posts, read 746,360 times
Quote:

My grandmother emigrated with my great grandmother to this country as a young woman during the depression. She became a legal permanent resident and ultimately became a U.S. citizen. She married my grandfather who was born in New Hampshire. Together they raised three children in a Boston working class neighborhood. They were poor but they never collected a dime of public assistance. Both my Dad and uncle served in the military and saw combat during the Korean War. My aunt worked her way through nursing school and raised two fine sons. After the military my Dad worked as a garbage man to help pay for his college tuition. He subsequently married, raised a family and had successful career. My Dad's military and public service was influential in my decision to serve for 20 years in the military and another 18 years in law enforcement when I retired from the Navy. I relate this only because I fully support people legally immigrating to this country if they're will to learn our language, obey our laws, work and remain off of public assistance. However, what I'll never endorse is admitting thousands of migrants with zero marketable skills who are destined to be public charges. We are under no constitutional or legal obligation to admit these people. If you feel otherwise I encourage you to sponsor a Haitian family or migrant family of your choice by filing an Affidavit of Support through U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. It's only a 10 year commitment and USCIS will walk you through the steps to make it happen.

https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/gre...vit-of-support

Old 09-30-2021, 01:11 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
I don't care what race or what country that immigrants come from (race card pulling duly noted) but they must come here legally! Big difference! A poem on a statue put there long ago does not dictate our modern day immigration laws many things have changed since then. Sick of people using it as blackmail for us to be obligated to allow in every needy person in the world to come here in this modern day and age. It's disgusting and just plain stupid thinking! But then liberals are known to just deal in emotion instead of common sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies