Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2021, 01:31 AM

29,453 posts, read 16,385,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
Temple High School has over 2,000 students (2,187 in 2019), which means over 1,000 girls. Since less than 100 students participated in the protest, what do the other 1,900+ students feel? Especially the females? "Trans" rights is a very hot button issue right now, especially for youth who may or may not have the maturity to understand all the complexities of the issue. That makes it very hard for a dissenting voice, especially a female student to raise their voice because they don't want abuse from the activist kids.

In the last 40 years we have made sweeping changes to the workplace, public schools and colleges because some women felt uncomfortable by certain language, posters, policies, you name it, saying it created a hostile environment. NOW we are telling 15 year girls to just shut their bigoted, hateful mouths because they feel uncomfortable changing in a locker room with a man in there.
Pretty sure the trans person is the one with the least amount of allies here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2021, 01:47 AM

1,528 posts, read 1,469,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
The problem with that is no matter how he feels (there is no 'her' here), what about the girls who have to have a male watching them take a pee?
How is anyone going to watch if they have stalls?

BTW when I was in the army overseas I visited friends at another base and they had a bathroom in the barracks that was used by both sexes. The urinals were covered so they couldn't be used and everyone just used a stall. A sign was put up outside the shower area if a female was using it so the men knew to stay out.

Old 10-02-2021, 01:59 AM

10,930 posts, read 5,899,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAlt View Post
How is anyone going to watch if they have stalls?

BTW when I was in the army overseas I visited friends at another base and they had a bathroom in the barracks that was used by both sexes. The urinals were covered so they couldn't be used and everyone just used a stall. A sign was put up outside the shower area if a female was using it so the men knew to stay out.
That would be a workable solution. But of course, the girls have stalls, not like the guys, so there is that. But, I would still want the girls to be canvassed and asked if it was OK with them (more of a formality really). If they generally agreed and were happy that their privacy was not going to be compromised, then yeah fine, I'd be OK with it. But it must be their choice and not just by a 51% margin. I'd want an 80% acceptance. Hey, if there's going to be no impact on their privacy then they would likely agree, I should think.

In my parts, public loos are often unisex. It's cheaper for the stores so why not. I don't like it though. It's no different to having one loo in a home with a number of guests but still, I just don't like it. But it is what is and it won't kill me.

Just a thought, considering that if this young fella was actually having a hard time due to his transgender nature then I would say good on those students for taking a stand on his behalf.

Old 10-02-2021, 02:18 AM

38,617 posts, read 26,278,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Pretty sure the trans person is the one with the least amount of allies here.

First of all, there's no such thing as a transsexual - just anatomical males trying to convince people they are actually female.

Old 10-02-2021, 02:58 AM

13,268 posts, read 8,373,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
The only reason they are so 'accepting' of this, is because its currently the in thing to be trans, homosexual, bisexual, etc...(its popular right now).

If it wasnt so popular, you would see the students opposing it.
I concur. Most are not professionally versed to understand the biological and psychological determination to define a person as trans.
I have zero education on this medical determination. And I highly doubt these supporters (young teens) do, either.
What I can say as an observer is it's peculiar . Go study tribes and less modern cultural community's. None have trans...none have any of these ' identity crisis's . And yes in these tribes....you go where nature allows. Modesty isn't exactly a priority.
Bottom line, teens deserve to challenge the status quo. Eventually thru wisdom they'll conclude... Males are males, and females are females. It doesn't take a Dr Seuss book to come to that simplistic result.

Old 10-02-2021, 06:18 AM

20,103 posts, read 16,064,294 times
As a long time educator of middle school students I will tell you it is extremely important for their emotional wellbeing that students not be forced to share locker room and bathroom facilities with people they feel are a different gender than themselves. But, that means all students, not just select students. That means the child who feels they are in the wrong body AND the child who feels they are in the right body need that, not just the student who feels their gender and biology are in conflict. I get the transgendered student WANTS to use the bathroom of their choice but that want should not be able to trump the NEED of other students to not share those facilities with someone they feel is a different gender based on them having different biology.

If the school has multiple sets of male and female facilities it is fine to designate one set as open to transgendered students or one set not open to transgendered children, depending on how many sets they have and where in the school the transgendered student needs access. However, if they only have one set the school needs to find out how many students strongly oppose sharing the facilities with someone that has different biology and decide which group will be assigned access to single user facilities as an option, based on which will be less disruptive. It almost always will be the transgendered students based on sheer numbers.

We as a society, particularly schools, have an obligation to look out for the rights of the minority, but it has to be weighed against the harm of the majority. Most times the NEEDS of both groups should be accommodated. Ideally the WANTS of both can be accommodated, but that is not always realistic. Regardless, in a public school setting at no time should the wants of one person or a small group be accommodated at the cost of the needs of others, no matter their size.

Old 10-02-2021, 06:26 AM

58,691 posts, read 26,982,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Another day, yet another high school student protest.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/high-scho...203600378.html
"after transgender student"

Explain to me how someone can REALLY change the sex.

If you have penis, you are MALE.

If you have a vagina, you are a FEMALE.

I don't care what you THINK, NOTHING has changed THAT!

Old 10-02-2021, 06:31 AM

58,691 posts, read 26,982,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
A Texas high school saw dozens of students fill its halls on Wednesday to protest what they said was the school's decision to deny a transgender girl use of the girls' facilities, according to videos and pictures posted to social media.

Students at Temple High School were protesting in support of a 16-year-old student, a biological boy who identifies as a girl, who claimed faculty denied h̶e̶r̶ him use of the female locker room because it was for "actual girls," according to the teenager's Sept. 22 post on Instagram.

The protest occurred during the third class period, said Temple Independent School District spokeswoman Christine Parks.

As they should.
"A Texas high school saw dozens of students fill its halls on Wednesday"

"Temple High School has over 2,000 students (2,187 in 2019)"

I guess "majority rules" is out the widow.

"a biological boy who identifies as a girl," He still has penis, doesn't he!

Old 10-02-2021, 06:34 AM

52,401 posts, read 34,133,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Calling him a her only contributes to the insanity.
co-signed.

Old 10-02-2021, 06:44 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,848,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"after transgender student"

Explain to me how someone can REALLY change the sex.

If you have penis, you are MALE.

If you have a vagina, you are a FEMALE.

I don't care what you THINK, NOTHING has changed THAT!
The other thing is just because someone chooses to sexually deviate from a role mentally does not show commitment. This gets more ridiculous the more you age.

If you're a 55 year old Cisgender Male that identifies as female and still have your male genitalia you clearly aren't as interested in embracing femininity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies