Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2021, 09:12 AM

19,721 posts, read 10,124,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
No. It’s called acceptance.
So you would be okay with nude boys showering with girls in high school?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2021, 09:16 AM

8,765 posts, read 5,055,756 times
Make a third restroom, locker room. Why should girls have to suffer and be uncomfortable. Let the trans people have their own.....everyone wins.

Old 10-02-2021, 09:18 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
I like how a Trans-Male using the facilities for boys is more acceptable but when its a tans-Female all hell breaks loose that this pervert will violate some young girl...

Old 10-02-2021, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
Make a third restroom, locker room. Why should girls have to suffer and be uncomfortable. Let the trans people have their own.....everyone wins.
Schools have tried that, you can't make the Woke people happy.

Old 10-02-2021, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
I like how a Trans-Male using the facilities for boys is more acceptable but when its a tans-Female all hell breaks loose that this pervert will violate some young girl...
Ask a teen girl. they don't want someone with a penis in the restroom or shower with them.

Old 10-02-2021, 09:54 AM

3,269 posts, read 1,748,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"after transgender student"

Explain to me how someone can REALLY change the sex.

If you have penis, you are MALE.

If you have a vagina, you are a FEMALE.

I don't care what you THINK, NOTHING has changed THAT!

I've been told that after several months of hormone treatment a M to F becomes impotent, and then several surgical procedures to be completed. Once the male genitals are removed, there's no going back. No more penis. Surgeons create a vagina with labia. No, I haven't seen anything nor have had anything but a platonic relationship we grew up together as next door neighbors.

The only things missing are ovaries & womb. Yes, she needs to take female hormones for the rest of her life and blends seamlessly into society. Drivers license and birth certificate both reflect her new gender.

It's easy to feel the "need" to ridicule and abuse things you don't understand but when you see someone you know or a family member going through this your opinion may change. I've known this person since I was 12 (see previous post#23) and have been more of a "big brother" to him/her and it was difficult to accept. I really don't see any need for the bias and hate, be it racial or otherwise.

Last edited by Driver 47; 10-02-2021 at 10:21 AM..

Old 10-02-2021, 10:32 AM

6,752 posts, read 3,368,819 times
If it has a twig and berries, it isn't a girl, despite what it calls itself. There are most likely real girls that don't want to dress or shower with said twig and berries, and they have rights, too.

Maybe the twig and berries can change in the janitor's closet.

Old 10-02-2021, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver 47 View Post
I've been told that after several months of hormone treatment a M to F becomes impotent, and then several surgical procedures to be completed. Once the male genitals are removed, there's no going back. No more penis. Surgeons create a vagina with labia. No, I haven't seen anything nor have had anything but a platonic relationship we grew up together as next door neighbors.

The only things missing are ovaries & womb. Yes, she needs to take female hormones for the rest of her life and blends seamlessly into society. Drivers license and birth certificate both reflect her new gender.

It's easy to feel the "need" to ridicule and abuse things you don't understand but when you see someone you know or a family member going through this your opinion may change. I've known this person since I was 12 (see previous post#23) and have been more of a "big brother" to him/her and it was difficult to accept. I really don't see any need for the bias and hate, be it racial or otherwise.
I wish I could find the link but I can't. I read a story by a psychiatrist who said that about 90% of those who had the surgery regret it later on.

Old 10-02-2021, 10:57 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
It’s not. Both they and their parents are less likely to push for it, so there are less cases. In the schools with my student teachers the trans-male students seem to have no issue with continuing to use the girls’ facilities. Among the things most likely impacting this difference is that girls are less likely to pick on a trans-male student than boys are to pick on a trans-female or trans-male student.

However, the latest school case that won in the courts was out of Virginia and involved a former trans-male or trans-female student.

Old 10-02-2021, 12:02 PM

3,269 posts, read 1,748,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
I wish I could find the link but I can't. I read a story by a psychiatrist who said that about 90% of those who had the surgery regret it later on.
You "read a story" are you acquainted with any trans people ? There's one the same age as I am and I've known her for 42 years. I was her friend and stood up for her in school when she was male and I'm still her friend.
I'm also acquainted with one of her trans friends and they both strike me as confident, secure women. That's rather a small percentage, but thats my observation and not based on any stories I've read.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies