Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2021, 10:33 AM

31,027 posts, read 22,064,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Lol. I love that video.

I miss the old Trump just like that, 2015-17. When he was like that all the time.

If he could have just not gone completely insane over Covid he would have been able to get way too many votes so that rigging the election would have been impossible.

But he took the bait and it but him in the rear.
Well said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2021, 10:34 AM

31,027 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Only complete idiots believe Trump.
Only complete idiots think everything Trump did was bad.

Old 10-01-2021, 10:48 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
The crowd clapped like I've never heard before. It was great! He was just simply speaking for all of us. I can't wait to get rid of this administration full of idiots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnMz...lj8NL&index=13
It's a shame Trumps big ticket polices like welfare, spending, debt, and nation building are all failures much less un Constitutional.

On the other hand he did a decent enough job on quite a few on the smaller ticker items. It's just that he's like the swamp on the big stuff.

Old 10-01-2021, 11:31 AM

9,500 posts, read 4,337,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Only complete idiots believe Trump.
The same could be said of anyone who believes anything the Democratic party says. The difference, of course, is that Dem policies have put the US on a path to unprecedented disaster. The same could not be said of Trump. So, you can choose between a liar who won't destroy the country or liars who are hell bent on destroying the country. I hope that's not a tough choice for you.

Old 10-01-2021, 12:22 PM

73,005 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDoggsCat View Post
Exactly. He appeals to the lowest common denominator. They don't really need to think much about what he says.

He just says "USA!" and they go wild.
He says "Woke", they boo.
He says something logical for once like "get the vaccine", and they get angry.

These are the same people that occupy restraunts that require masks chanting "We're no leaving! We're not leaving!"

Or these fine specimen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL49...nIslandAdvance

Observe as the epitome of American Freedom is to do the pledge of allegiance in and chant USA USA in a damn shopping mall food court for the freedom to stuff your face with grease. It's basically American consumerism posing as a stance for freedom and justice. These people think they're the equivalent of a Rosa Parks like figure.

America truely is, the home of the Whopper.
I've been saying this for years. Former President Trump appeals to the lowest common denominator. You put it in words I would put it in. When I think of who Trump appeals to, I think of that sitcom Married With Children.

I think about something else. I watched John McCain's concession speech. He was being a class act in congratulating former President Obama. The crowd started booing, and McCain basically had to tell them to stop. Trump, on the other hand, tries really hard to whip his loyalist bunch into a fury.

I'll be honest. Some of the stuff going on, I don't like it. Some things from the left, it's gone too far. The whole "did you just assume my gender" or the like. On the flip side, I don't like what's coming from the far right either. I'm not a radical left-wing type.

I'll tell it to you think way. As a Black man, there are certain things from BOTH the far left and the far right that scare me. When I see people flying Confederate flags and talking about "southern heritage", I get quite disgusted. I tend to think "I bet you wish we were back in Jim Crow times, don't you?'. When I think about some of the "Karen videos", I think about how I could be at the receiving end of someone being uncomfortable with me to the point of calling the police. This has happened in conservative areas. However, I also understand it could happen in left-leaning areas. I'm at a point where I'm not "woke" enough for the radical left, but too liberal for conservatives. I'm God-fearing, American, and a gun owner. I'd also burn a Confederate flag if given the chance. I also cheer when Confederate monuments get taken down. I do not like them at all.

On Facebook, I saw someone post a photo of someone who was quite obese, holding a rifle, and the caption read " 'Murica". I thought to myself "really? This is what America means to you?". Now, myself, personally, I'm a gun owner. I like having a gun. I have a pistol. I plan on buying a rifle, for hunting purposes. I get quite happy when people talk about military guns. On the other hand, I'm not one of those NRA types. I'm not one of those "an armed society is a polite society" types. I think of that photo in this perspective: That photo appeals to the anti-intellectual, it appeals to a certain degree of sloppiness. This is not the best America can do. America can do, and has better than that. We have God, family, baseball, Boy Scouts, so much more.

At the end of the day, I'm not with the MAGA crowd. I'm not with the radical left. I'm not with MAGA either. I am not with being whipped into a fury. All I see are alot of reactionary forces.

Old 10-01-2021, 01:49 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,092,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
no doubt you felt that way before any video or much news had come out. but , whatever.
What you posted is a drop in the ocean of the available video. As for the cops allowing in some of the mob, this could be nothing more than well trained cops pre-emptively de-escalating a potentially volatile situation before it turns into something more serious. In any event hardly evidence of a "peaceful sightseeing tour".

Old 10-01-2021, 04:18 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,298,378 times
So I can assume Donald now thinks his old friend and the GOAT is a loser?
Attached Thumbnails
Trump doesn't hold back when he talks about the WOKE.-brady2.jpeg  

Old 10-01-2021, 06:23 PM

23,543 posts, read 12,517,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
What you posted is a drop in the ocean of the available video. As for the cops allowing in some of the mob, this could be nothing more than well trained cops pre-emptively de-escalating a potentially volatile situation before it turns into something more serious. In any event hardly evidence of a "peaceful sightseeing tour".
I mentioned the cops let them in, you asked for proof. I gave you proof and then you deflected. Period.

I never said that the cops letting them in and their "peaceful tour" of Statuary Hall was the whole of the events that day, so stop pretending that I did, I was talking about specific events of that day and you couldn't handle it.

Old 10-01-2021, 06:24 PM

23,543 posts, read 12,517,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
So I can assume Donald now thinks his old friend and the GOAT is a loser?
Why would you assume that?

Old 10-01-2021, 07:26 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,298,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Why would you assume that?
The NFL gave the players the option to have "racial injustice slogans" on the back of their helmets. Since Brady had chosen to participate there are some that would consider that being woke.
Other then that I have no idea what woke is suppose to mean. It seems like a term used for anything cultural that does not line up with right wing beliefs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies