Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you prefer the 'melting pot' or segregation model?
Republican: I prefer the melting pot 44 28.57%
Democrat: I prefer the melting pot 16 10.39%
Other: I prefer the melting pot 38 24.68%
Republican: I'm ok with some segregation by race/culture, such as segregated dorm rooms. 7 4.55%
Democrat: I'm ok with some segregation by race/culture, such as segregated dorm rooms. 2 1.30%
Other: I'm ok with some segregation by race/culture, such as segregated dorm rooms. 5 3.25%
Republican: I prefer the George Wallace model--Segregation Now. Segregation Forever. 9 5.84%
Democrat: I prefer the George Wallace model--Segregation Now. Segregation Forever. 9 5.84%
Other: I prefer the George Wallace model--Segregation Now. Segregation Forever. 7 4.55%
other (define below). 17 11.04%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2021, 10:14 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Don't liberals always exclaim: "DIVERSITY IS OUR STRENGHT"??

There won't be any diversity at all anymore if we are all related and all look the same, right?
I know, they talk out of both sides of their mouths, don't they? The fact is diversity to them means diluting the white race by immigration both legal and illegal and inter-breeding. How is that diversity? We would all look the same then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2021, 02:40 PM

47 posts, read 20,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, the way I see it,no one e has given me enough of a reason to be alarmed at the races mixing and mixed babies being born.
Nobody cares about how others see it ... Deep down inside, most (obviously not all) people want their children and grandchildren to look similar to them. It makes for some messed up looking family photos ...

I like when you see the white guy raising the mixed grandchild walking around all cocky and arrogant, acting tough, like it doesn't bother him. Look closer and you see the shame.

Old 10-10-2021, 02:50 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,391,086 times
Since they’re telling blacks they’re oppressed and whites that they’re evil I’m for segregation all the way.

Old 10-10-2021, 11:28 PM

31,039 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UWF2013 View Post
I have never understood this flawed argument, the people who voted for Robert Byrd arent dead, they just vote Republican now.
Eh, no

Old 10-10-2021, 11:43 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Since they’re telling blacks they’re oppressed and whites that they’re evil I’m for segregation all the way.
Well then, anyone who is pro-segregation, I don't want those persons in my life anyway. It would do me more harm than good. Prove me wrong.

Old 10-10-2021, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnachangski View Post
Nobody cares about how others see it ... Deep down inside, most (obviously not all) people want their children and grandchildren to look similar to them. It makes for some messed up looking family photos ...

I like when you see the white guy raising the mixed grandchild walking around all cocky and arrogant, acting tough, like it doesn't bother him. Look closer and you see the shame.
I don't care how others see it. I care about MY happiness, MY peace. Personally, I'm not all that concerned if any children I have don't completely look like me. I don't even have children. I do know this. If you really believe family photos with multiracial makeups are "messed up", then I see you as having a messed up mentality.

By the way, I'm Black. You're talking about a White guy raising mixed grandchildren. I'm Black. Explain this as it would apply to ME.

Old 10-11-2021, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I don't care how others see it. I care about MY happiness, MY peace. Personally, I'm not all that concerned if any children I have don't completely look like me. I don't even have children. I do know this. If you really believe family photos with multiracial makeups are "messed up", then I see you as having a messed up mentality.

By the way, I'm Black. You're talking about a White guy raising mixed grandchildren. I'm Black. Explain this as it would apply to ME.
Nobody cares how you see it or about your happiness.

Old 10-11-2021, 06:24 AM

Quote:
I know no one cares about my happiness. All the more reason for me to be obstinate. All the more reason to stick to my convictions, and to stick to my stance. You still have not given me one reason to see things things the same way as a segregationist "the races shall not mix" kind of a person. You still haven't. Until you can do that, forget it.

Old 10-11-2021, 07:47 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
He doesn't care about illegal immigration either because he doesn't think it impacts himself or his race negatively (which is false anyway) and the rest of us be damned. Yeah, it's all about him and him only!

Old 10-12-2021, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
He doesn't care about illegal immigration either because he doesn't think it impacts himself or his race negatively (which is false anyway) and the rest of us be damned. Yeah, it's all about him and him only!
... and that's the reason some people find themselves alone and unloved the rest of their lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies