Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2021, 04:07 PM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times

Advertisements

I started to post the video after writing write the following comments last night, but I was interrupted before writing more, but I was interrupted by my personal life, lol. I was so glad to see that someone beat me to it because Dr. Paul absolutely nails it and he succeeds in making the HHS Secretary look like an incompetent arse, imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MI_Dm3pj3dQ

For those who don't want to watch the six-minute video, here are some excerpts taken from the closed captioning, my italics. QUOTED EXCERPTS:

Sen. Paul: "You presume to tell over 100 million Americans who have survived COVID that we have no right to determine our own medical care, you alone are on high and you've made these decisions, a lawyer with no scientific background, no medical degree. This is an arrogance coupled with an authoritarianism that is unseemly and un-American. You, sir, are the one ignoring the science. The vast preponderance of scientific studies, dozens and dozens, show robust long-lasting immunity after COVID infection. Even the CDC does not recommend measles vaccine if you have measles immunity [snip} but you shame the flat-earthers as you call them. You should be ashamed of yourself and apologize to the American for being dishonest about naturally acquired immunity."

"You want more people to choose vaccinations? So do I. You want to lessen vaccine hesitancy. So do I. You want to have that happen, quit lying to people. [snip] Quit lording it over these people acting as it these people are deplorable and unwashed. Try persuasion instead of government cudgels. Try humility [snip]"

"Do you want to apologize to the hundred million Americans who have suffered through COVID, survived, have immunity, and yet you want to hold them down and vaccinate them. Do you want to apologize for calling those people flat earthers?"
END QUOTES.

The above was all I wrote before I was interrupted and I have decided not to write more, but I do agree to say that I agree with everything Dr. Paul said except that he said that 100 million Americans had suffered with COVID. Unless he meant that they had suffered because of COVID (meaning worrying about it, being isolated, possibly suffering job losses, losing out on quality education, etc.), the point is that probably less than 20% of people who have had COVID (based on what I have learned from various sources and extrapolating) have suffered from it in a physically debilitating sense unless there are some effects that just haven't shown up yet -- and to say it again, less than 1% of mostly healthy people have died from it.

I am waiting to hear the Secretary's rebuttal and defense. (I don't think we will hear an apology!)

And for those who continue to say "just shut up and take the shot", all I can say is that, in my opinion, they are either stupid or ignorant or trolls -- or else they are just incapable of admitting that they just might be wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2021, 06:25 PM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
MODS: duplicate thread. Please delete.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies