Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2021, 08:15 AM

21,475 posts, read 10,575,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
Grandparents should be vaccinated. especially the ones who live with school children.
A very high percentage of grandparents are vaccinated. And if they got Moderna they’re pretty safe from breakthrough infections.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2021, 08:21 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
As an aside, parents can be cited and fined for chronically truant students. If parents are going to go that route, just pull them completely and homeschool, charter school, etc. No need to risk some hefty fines if you dont need to.
I have to rescind my recommendation anyway.
California has changed the way they have historically funded.
Send them don't send them, financially, it won't make a difference.

"The new law changes that by apportioning funding for the upcoming school year based on every school’s average daily attendance as of Feb. 29, 2020. This means the funding is set in stone, regardless of whether the student(s) remains at that school, or whether total enrollment at the school declines or increases. Worse, the formula is based on retrospective enrollment rather than on ongoing attendance.

https://calmatters.org/commentary/my...s-and-schools/

Old 10-02-2021, 08:21 AM

21,475 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So families will be able to opt out of the shot.

"Unlike other routine childhood vaccines, the governor’s plan would allow parents to cite personal beliefs in refusing to vaccinate their children against COVID-19. The personal belief exemption must be granted because the new vaccination requirement is being imposed through a regulatory process, rather than through the Legislature." https://www.latimes.com/california/s...fornia-schools

I'm so thankful years ago parents permitted their kids to get the measles shot, the polio shot. Because by the time my kids were old enough --- for the most part these illnesses were eradicated. Not because they magically were cured because by vaccination process....fewer and fewer people could spread them.

Some communities in the USA are seeing measles in particular, come back into the frame. The reason -- school boards allow folks to opt out of the inoculations.

Refusing vaccines for highly contagious viruses has an impact on others it just does.

But from what I understand --- parents can opt out of the shot for their kids.....
If this vaccine worked like a measles or chicken pox vaccine we wouldn’t be having this discussion. Those vaccines are a one or two shot regimen and then immunity for life. Doctors also don’t recommend kids who have already had chicken pox to get the vaccine, but refuse to acknowledge the many studies showing natural immunity from having Covid gives greater immunity than the vaccine. If they would at least allow an exemption for them I’d believe it in more (though not for kids).

Old 10-02-2021, 08:34 AM

2,016 posts, read 3,523,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
If this vaccine worked like a measles or chicken pox vaccine we wouldn’t be having this discussion. Those vaccines are a one or two shot regimen and then immunity for life. Doctors also don’t recommend kids who have already had chicken pox to get the vaccine, but refuse to acknowledge the many studies showing natural immunity from having Covid gives greater immunity than the vaccine. If they would at least allow an exemption for them I’d believe it in more (though not for kids).
Exactly. Do schools require the flu vaccine? I know our child's doesn't. Covid is endemic like the flu, and is going to be with us forever. It's not apples to apples when people talk about schools requiring vaccines like TB, measles, or chicken pox. Those were vaccines that could entirely eradicate the diseases they were vaccinating for. Covid cannot be eradicated, and a booster will be needed for its most common variants. If they mandate the vaccine for children, you better believe a booster mandate is coming too!

Old 10-02-2021, 08:41 AM

13,248 posts, read 7,312,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
What legitimate study shows having covid gives a longer immunity?

Old 10-02-2021, 08:41 AM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
I don't know if I am more alarmed or heartbroken over this.

IF what some people are predicting regarding the vaccines comes to pass (meaning serious injuries, lifelong negative effects, etc.), I cannot even imagine the guilt that would result until they themselves die.

However, I would not wish that degree of guilt on almost anyone, however -- with only people like Fauci and Newsom being the exceptions to that.

Old 10-02-2021, 09:00 AM

6,389 posts, read 2,710,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
What legitimate study shows having covid gives a longer immunity?
What legitimate study shows the long-term effects of the COVID vaccine?

Old 10-02-2021, 09:14 AM

3,495 posts, read 1,749,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Who said that?
The CDC has been saying the vaccines might not work as well on the elderly all along, that's why it's mostly the elderly who are dying in the hospitals, the elderly unvaccinated have weaker immune systems than younger people, so the vaccine won't bring their immune systems up to the same level as younger people, it makes a lot of sense. I have a 90 year old neighbor who is vaccinated with Pfizer and I keep telling him to get the antibody test to make sure the vaccine worked on him, that's because I kept reading it might not be effective.

Old 10-02-2021, 09:15 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
It's as if Snidely Whiplash took over an entire state

Old 10-02-2021, 09:16 AM

3,495 posts, read 1,749,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
What legitimate study shows the long-term effects of the COVID vaccine?
Even Pfizer doesn't know the long term side effects, you can read it on their web-site.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies