Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2021, 10:42 AM

19,718 posts, read 10,121,382 times

Advertisements

More pork there than in a slaughterhouse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2021, 10:43 AM

45,225 posts, read 26,437,203 times
It will get knocked down a bit and the GOP will herald it a victory. The jokes on us.

Old 10-03-2021, 05:06 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
It's the same as the CARES Act that Trump signed into law. Wasteful liberal spending.
Well, Trump's a Marxist so that's par for the course.

Dude spent money like a drunken sailor.

Old 10-04-2021, 07:13 AM

9,324 posts, read 16,663,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amber rain View Post
1 word . Waste. That is what the 5 trillion package will result in.
One word: waste, refers to the good old boys and girls in power and destroying this country.

Old 10-04-2021, 07:16 AM

9,375 posts, read 6,975,888 times
At best inflation
At worst collapse of the $, treasury markets , and debt instruments as the risk free rate is destroyed.

Old 10-04-2021, 07:20 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Both parties are wasteful with our tax dollars. It isn't about spending less -- just spending differently.

Do I wish our federal govt. was more fiscally responsible -- yes and I have felt that with all the administrations over the years.

Old 10-04-2021, 07:26 AM

43,093 posts, read 18,259,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
It will get knocked down a bit and the GOP will herald it a victory. The jokes on us.
I don't see the GOP in this tug of war.

It's the extreme left vs centrist left.

The people controlling Biden are extreme left.
Pelosi is extreme left.
You only have a few old school Dems holding out.

The extreme left is going to win as the progressives fully take over the Democratic Party.

Old 10-04-2021, 07:37 AM

714 posts, read 356,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
Even though I would love to see this bill and the rest of Joe Biden’s agenda totally fail (would be great for our country if he fails!), I’m sure it will come back at some point at an amount less than $3.5T. Manchin and Sienema are Democrats, after all, so I’m sure at some point they will get some of what they want, and then cave.
Unfortunately you're right.
The lavish praise for Manchin is way too premature. As you said, remember he's a Democrat. Just look at his history. Earlier this year he voted for the massive reconciliation that the Dems rammed through on a partisan basis.
His history is that he puts on a show of resistance. Then the left throws him a few crumbs, he declares victory and gives them his vote. He's a Democrat from a red state so he has to act as though he's not caving when in fact he actually is caving. In fact some say he already has: he's willing to spend 1.5T. That's 1.5T too much. He'll end up going even higher.
No....Manchin won't save us from the radicals who have taken control of his party and are dead set on recking the country financially.

Old 10-04-2021, 08:40 AM

2,240 posts, read 1,386,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
I hope that the American people are writing to their so-called representatives not to pass this resolution. It's issues will remain in effect for a long time with no hope of removing them. AFA the lie about taxing the wealthy, that is a joke. Here are some of the items that I find appalling:

Tax on natural gas (which most of us use to heat and AC our homes) 14%
15M for resources for older people with gender identity issues
79B IRS to hire enforcers to check bank accounts for $600+
$50M Free community college for illegals (middle class will be footing that bill)
$5B for electric car credits (only if you buy an electric car made in a Union shop)
$3B for tree equity (everyone that doesn't have a tree especially in a urban area gets one)
$1B for electric charging stations (are they aware you need natural gas to make electricity?)
Tax Americans to create jobs in China. (https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/1...obs-plan-china

I hope America wakes up!
thanks for posting the particulars. What a mess!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies