Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2021, 01:43 PM

11,767 posts, read 5,780,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
For those who do decide to have an in-person celebration, the CDC encourages people to get vaccinated if possible, “have conversations” with those they’re gathering with “to understand expectations for celebrating together,” and not to have or attend a gathering if they’re sick or experiencing Covid-19 symptoms.

I think that's reasonable right?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisond...h=64aed3963b6b
Why are you pushing people to get the vaccine while in the same thread saying "Son works in a restaurant -- people are done and being served by COVID positive staff who can't afford not to work."

So not only does your son work with Covid positive staff but he's also possibly serving customers that may be positive. You seem to be one of those do as I say and not as my family does people. Then I assume he visits you putting you at risk of a break through case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2021, 01:44 PM

43,054 posts, read 18,216,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
I have no friends and barely any family.
But just out of spite, I am hosting the biggest holiday get togethers ever.
Gonna invite total strangers, methheads, homeless, whoever. I don’t care.
They can keep their Thanksgiving and Christmas.

The rest of us will do Festivus !!!!!

Old 10-04-2021, 01:46 PM

8,753 posts, read 5,040,045 times
Fauci just circled back.....Christmas is on again!......for now.

Old 10-04-2021, 01:51 PM

7,141 posts, read 4,733,894 times
They're trying to suggest that people require only vaccinated to attend their gathering. "to understand the expectations for celebrating together."
No Vax? Stay out.

QUOTE: For those who do decide to have an in-person celebration, the CDC encourages people to get vaccinated if possible, “have conversations” with those they’re gathering with “to understand expectations for celebrating together,”

Old 10-04-2021, 01:51 PM

43,054 posts, read 18,216,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Thinker View Post
I just read it. I love the part where they suggest opening the windows and putting a fan to blow air out of the house when having a holiday gathering. Well, unless you're celebrating in a place like Ft Lauderdale, doing that oughta be real fun when it's in the 20s or 30's outside.

Are people really this stupid??

I weep for this country - this is no longer a pandemic, it's a stupidemic.
Why yes, yes they are.

Old 10-04-2021, 01:53 PM

10,227 posts, read 6,308,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Thinker View Post
I just read it. I love the part where they suggest opening the windows and putting a fan to blow air out of the house when having a holiday gathering. Well, unless you're celebrating in a place like Ft Lauderdale, doing that oughta be real fun when it's in the 20s or 30's outside.

Are people really this stupid??

I weep for this country - this is no longer a pandemic, it's a stupidemic.
:

So why was the surge in Florida in the Summer? That is because with all the heat and humidity, people stay INDOORS in AC. In the North exact opposite. Where I live in the Mountains we had 40 inches of SNOW last year. Below ZERO temps are not uncommon.

Yeah, let's have Holiday dinners outside! Bring your own heaters. Plow the snow to a path near the tent outside and hope the snow doesn't collapse the roof of the tent

Yeah pure stupidity one size fits all mentality. They cannot even recognize different weather conditions across the country.

Old 10-04-2021, 02:03 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,159,496 times
This simply will not happen! I think many of us have reached a point where seeing friends and family is more important. Sure we are rolling the dice here but it's a risk that many us are willing to make.

On a related note, I was taking a walk near the water yesterday at noon. There was a group of probably 50 kids that had volunteered to go to the beach and pick up trash. It was awesome to see and you can tell they were having a great time hanging out together. I'd say the average age was about 12-15. Not one of them was wearing a mask, not one. Now granted they were outside but they certainly weren't social distancing!

Does this type of activity lead to more cases? Sure! But conversely, folks are tired of having their lives held hostage by this thing.

Get your vaccinations, take your zinc, Vitamin C and get some Vitamin D and live your life!

Last edited by pete98146; 10-04-2021 at 02:12 PM..

Old 10-04-2021, 02:08 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,244,921 times
Who cares what the CDC says. As my slogan above says.... it's just a big game at this stage

Old 10-04-2021, 02:44 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,787,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citrus Frog View Post
So you are vaccinated, as am I (just got my 6 month booster) and you wear masks as do I. So you should not be the least bit concerned about what other people do. You should not be in favor of forcing people to do the same as you. You should not be in favor of punishing people for their own personal health choices. You should be fighting against Biden and the Demo☭rats for trying to force their own health choices onto other people. You and I are safe because we did what we felt was best for us. We should give other people the right to choose for themselves. Their body, their choice. If you don't feel that way, then you are flat out admitting this is not about science. You are admitting this is about control.
Also, one more thing - if you want people to get the vaccine, how about we act like they work? There's a large intersection between vax fascists and mask fascists and the covid paranoid - they're not helping their case with the vaccine hesitant. Why should they get a vaccine that, supposedly, doesn't work?

Old 10-04-2021, 02:47 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,150,612 times
Anthony Fauci was told to get his ass onto CNN and clean up the Christmas messaging he created.

[Notice Fauci brought it up today, not Briana Keller.] The White House didn't want that baggage and publicity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies