Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2021, 08:22 PM

32,066 posts, read 15,058,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
There’s a massive shortage of pet food, also liquor.
Well my cat is not happy that I haven't been able to find the treats he likes. I haven't seen a problem with liquor here, at least not yet. The frozen aisles here also have a shortage. I just hope people don't start hoarding things again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2021, 08:23 PM

3,357 posts, read 1,233,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
False. There weren’t any shortages that I noticed when Trump was President.
No shortages on shelves spring 2020? No shortages of cars last fall?

Old 10-04-2021, 08:58 PM

608 posts, read 239,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearNotChooseLife View Post
Trump was always answering questions from reporters and communicating via social media so there was never a doubt about what was on his mind, and what actions he was taking to tackle issues that popped up. He would have all hands on deck to work on supply chain issues, and he would be reassuring the American people that he had visibility of this issue, and that it was being addressed.

In contrast, Biden is pretty much hiding from the cameras and rarely communicates to the press. And so we have no idea if he is even aware that this is an issue.

This is a huge failure of leadership here. He should be out in front of the cameras comforting the American people and gaining their confidence. I realize he is not that great at explaining things, but he should at least try.
Dude legitimately has Alzheimer's so bad that if he were -anybody else- he would be in a home under 24-hour watch.

There is no way that ...person... dresses himself. Even before the Alzheimers he was a stupid chimo.

Old 10-05-2021, 03:41 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times
Today will be a test as to what's short at the Walmart where I am.
I do pick up and the process has changed a bit so, as a test, I selected that the store may substitute every item on my list.
Now to wait and see how many and what items they are.

Old 10-05-2021, 03:55 AM

45,379 posts, read 60,561,367 times
One problem I'm seeing is that people are still hoarding. They'll see a shelf that's not crammed full (and some stores are combatting the hoarding by having minimal stock on display) and they'll grab all that's out. Which means restocking that people then complain about because the aisles are crowded.

I'm still seeing people with carts full of paper and cleaning products as well as other staples such as meat. It's like a snowstorm is predicted every day.

Old 10-05-2021, 04:01 AM

1,601 posts, read 866,837 times
[quote=crone;62049070]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Take a History Class View Post
I'm sure they enjoy them, and every bit of income helps, but won't matter much if there is little to buy.[/QU

I don't think you get it. They don't care about your supply. They care about the price per barrel, or however NG is measured.

I don't think YOU get it. It doesn't matter if you have all the money in the world if what you want to buy is not available, are you still rich?

FYI, natural gas is measured in therms, or 100 cubic feet.

Old 10-05-2021, 04:56 AM

3,349 posts, read 1,237,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Guess it was a bad idea to shut down the economy all so you could get the orange man out of office.
Lol@ thinking the entire world was in cahoots to get rid of Trumpy

Old 10-05-2021, 04:58 AM

3,349 posts, read 1,237,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Your cult leader, Biden, said this himself "The buck stop here"

Also, you lefty fired Trump and replaced him with Biden. Almost a year into this and all i'm still hearing is "but but but but Trump"
Right and a year into Trumps term it was but Obama..

And a year into Obama's term it was but Bush...

Old 10-05-2021, 05:03 AM

4,167 posts, read 4,878,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
One problem I'm seeing is that people are still hoarding. They'll see a shelf that's not crammed full (and some stores are combatting the hoarding by having minimal stock on display) and they'll grab all that's out. Which means restocking that people then complain about because the aisles are crowded.

I'm still seeing people with carts full of paper and cleaning products as well as other staples such as meat. It's like a snowstorm is predicted every day.
Maybe they're just stocking up before the prices climb even higher. The price of toilet paper and other everyday necessaties is just insane and going higher due to Biden's inflation.

Old 10-05-2021, 05:05 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,173,585 times
No, not the grocery. I am pretty selective in my food choices though.

I did see it at Starbucks the other day though. They were missing quite a few items.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies