Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2021, 02:43 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,671,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
"Super Consumer" by what standards? To some people on Earth you are a gluttonous, massive "super consumer."

Do you live in a tent in the woods? You are typing away gleefully on the internet, consuming all sorts of power and fossil fuels....for what? Something as trivial as perusing message boards?

YIKES! Talk about mindless frivolity. Aren't you worried about your carbon footprint?
Yep, absolutely - shouldn't everyone be?

Quote:
"lower impact" for what reason?

Obviously, you feel guilty. No one knows why though!

Do you think that Earth gives a crap if you drive an F250 or a Prius?
Don't bring your religion into it - I don't think that Earth thinks at all.

But I do think changing the molecular balance of the atmosphere, will have a warming effect beyond what it would have without the existence of humans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2021, 02:46 PM

8,943 posts, read 2,964,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RageAgainstTheChamine View Post
No genious.

The point is in how L.A. was built. A sprawling metropolis that is borderline a giant suburb where the only way to really get around is via cars.

China is a nation that industrialized a lot, and relied on current tech to do so.

The way to fix that is to make public transit way more accessible, and help to alleviate traffic. This in turn leads to cleaner air.

It's not that cities are inherently bad, but we just gotta renew our ways of building cities and suburbs.
Isn't it ironic that someone who calls someone else a "genious" (sic) doesn't even know how to spell "genius" correctly!

Yet you know all about the climate and such.

Yes, that's what we want....to be sardines in mass transit. Guess what, rich people don't take public transportation (and most people in the USA are rich compared to the world at large). Surely you can aspire to something better than that!

Here in the USA we are rich enough that most of us can afford our own, private transportation. We've progressed well past the point of needing to toil on public transport!

People don't want public transportation! Duhhhhhhh. Who would rather ride the bus than drive their own car in the vast majority of the country??? The reason mass transit is used more in other countries is because they are poor!

Old 10-04-2021, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post

But I do think changing the molecular balance of the atmosphere, will have a warming effect beyond what it would have without the existence of humans.
NO, not everyone should be concerned about that. It's idiotic. Your "carbon footprint" is a modern construct of the enviro zealots to shame you into paying more taxes.

They are laughing at you while they fly in their private jets and live in their mansions while you worry about your "carbon footprint."

And yeah, go ahead and work on changing that "molecular balance" of the atmosphere. Let us all know how that goes for ya!

Old 10-04-2021, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Let nature take its course via covid. Thin the heard.
Too many people on this planet.
That's seriously what viruses do! They take out the weak and control the population.

It's science.

Old 10-04-2021, 02:52 PM

Quote:

And why didn't you answer the question?

Why are you banging away on a message board if you're worried about your fossil fuel consumption?

Huh?

Old 10-04-2021, 03:00 PM

Are you saying we somehow have a shortage of public transportation or that cars are our only method of transport?

Huh?

Old 10-04-2021, 03:02 PM

Quote:
And why didn't you answer the question?

Why are you banging away on a message board if you're worried about your fossil fuel consumption?

Huh?
That would assume that I believe only in extreme positions - ie: "we must all return to caveman days" .... or "there's nothing we can do, I have to buy a hummer"

I know the great propaganda machine can often work to make you to feel powerless as an individual, but the choice to live by what you feel is right, is up to you.

Old 10-04-2021, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageAgainstTheChamine View Post
I mean we do. We went through a phase of suburbanization with very little foresight. Cars are a great way to get around, but for a lot of cities, they replaced transit, and said cities have traffic problems.

This subject has actually been an interest of mine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c6r...annel=EcoGecko
Oh good lord. You need to grow up and own some property. Most people don't live in urban settings.

People like to build their houses with some breathing space. They don't need busy bodies like you regulating how they should do that. You'll see when you get a bit older and have more life experience.

Every city in the country has public transportation. We now have Uber and other ride sharing tech that wasn't even dreamed of just a decade ago.

Most cities of decent size have subways, etc.

We're doing just fine with transportation. Stop worrying.

This is a retarded video created by someone that obviously has severe mental problems.

Old 10-04-2021, 03:08 PM

Quote:
NO, not everyone should be concerned about that. It's idiotic. Your "carbon footprint" is a modern construct of the enviro zealots to shame you into paying more taxes.

They are laughing at you while they fly in their private jets and live in their mansions while you worry about your "carbon footprint."

And yeah, go ahead and work on changing that "molecular balance" of the atmosphere. Let us all know how that goes for ya!
Who cares about such people? - I don't... I only care about what I can do.

Your posts reek of victimhood - the powerless consumer.

You'll likely know about any major changes in the atmosphere, about the same time as me, so I won't need to let you know.

Old 10-04-2021, 03:10 PM

Quote:
That would assume that I believe only in extreme positions - ie: "we must all return to caveman days" .... or "there's nothing we can do, I have to buy a hummer"

I know the great propaganda machine can often work to make you to feel powerless as an individual, but the choice to live by what you feel is right, is up to you.
3rd time you didn't answer the question. I'll take that as you don't care. Stop lecturing others on their care and concern for the planet. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies