Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2021, 06:18 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times

Advertisements

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covi...ace-ethnicity/

The CDC reports demographic characteristics, including race/ethnicity, of people receiving COVID-19 vaccinations at the national level. As of September 21, 2021, CDC reported that race/ethnicity was known for 59% of people who had received at least one dose of the vaccine. Among this group, nearly two thirds were White (60%), 10% were Black, 17% were Hispanic, 6% were Asian, 1% were American Indian or Alaska Native, and <1% were Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, while 5% reported multiple or other race. However, CDC data also show that recent vaccinations are reaching larger shares of Hispanic, and Black populations compared to overall vaccinations. Among vaccines administered in the past 14 days, 23% have gone to Hispanic people and 14% to Black people (Figure 1). These recent patterns suggest a narrowing of racial gaps in vaccinations at the national level, particularly for Hispanic and Black people, who account for a larger share of recent vaccinations compared to their share of the total population (23% vs. 17% and 14% vs. 12%, respectively). While these data provide helpful insights at a national level, to date, CDC is not publicly reporting state-level data on the racial/ethnic composition of people vaccinated.

Old 10-04-2021, 06:19 PM

20,046 posts, read 20,850,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
We all know that’s really code for “don’t” take it. Lol

Old 10-04-2021, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I dismiss it because it's a poll.

You're on Team Blue. Doesn't one of your alphabet soup agencies have some data on the race/vax rates? Use the government you love oh so dearly to make your argument.
Sure I lean left and I know it is a poll but the Kaiser page also talks about the CDC data showing increased vaccination rats for Hispanics and Blacks that corroborates the Kaiser poll findings.

Old 10-04-2021, 06:22 PM

I'm not sure why suggesting the race gap is closing is a blue concept and why people would be so triggered by this happening.

Old 10-04-2021, 06:24 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Sure I lean left and I know it is a poll but the Kaiser page also talks about the CDC data showing increased vaccination rats for Hispanics and Blacks that corroborates the Kaiser poll findings.
I want a government agency to say what percentage of each race have been vaxxed.

If you have that, go ahead and post it.

Old 10-04-2021, 06:25 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
I'm not sure why suggesting the race gap is closing is a blue concept and why people would be so triggered by this happening.
It's a Blue concept because you want to focus on the vax rate differential between the parties and not race.

Old 10-04-2021, 06:27 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
Quote:
I didn't see the blaming Trump....just the noting of the vaccination rate in states with Trump support.

And the vaccine wasn't FDA emergency approved until December so why would they have endorsed it before.

And we weren't told when Trump got the vaccine until two months after he got it. It took two months for him to 'admit' it.

Why not share it from the get go.
Trump could not take the vaccine when it first rolled out:
Quote:
CBS News’ Margaret Brennan asked then-Surgeon General Jerome Adams if Trump would get the vaccine publicly to help persuade his own supporters. Adams said in response, “From a scientific point of view, I will remind people that the president has had COVID within the last 90 days. He received the monoclonal antibodies. And that is actually one scenario where we tell people maybe you should hold off on getting the vaccine.”
At the time of the vaccine rollout he made the following statement:
Quote:
“People working in the White House should receive the vaccine somewhat later in the program, unless specifically necessary. I have asked that this adjustment be made. I am not scheduled to take the vaccine, but look forward to doing so at the appropriate time. Thank you!”
Trump and wife took the vaccine right before he left office - at some point after the required 90 day delay. As to why he didn’t announce it at the time I think it is worth remembering that he was persona non-grata at the time. Would such an announcement been been met with anything positive from the media? Not on your life. It would have been spun in as negative of a direction as could be managed. He did announce it on Feb 28, 2021 and encouraged others to get theirs. That date would have been at most 6 weeks after he got his first shot, maybe three weeks after his second.

Old 10-04-2021, 06:32 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
Quote:
I didn't see the blaming Trump....just the noting of the vaccination rate in states with Trump support.

And the vaccine wasn't FDA emergency approved until December so why would they have endorsed it before.

And we weren't told when Trump got the vaccine until two months after he got it. It took two months for him to 'admit' it.

Why not share it from the get go.
Lol , of course you didn’t, but it’s certainly blaming because Trump or they wouldn’t have used his name in the post.

The vaccine was administered before it was FDA approved. There was no reason not to endorse it, but it’s funny how now they’re having a hard time getting people to take it.

And? We still know he got it almost immediately after it was available.

Why not endorse it from the get go?

Old 10-04-2021, 06:37 PM

43,093 posts, read 18,259,632 times
Quote:
Because people are equating this virus with your skin color and your political affiliation.

The virus doesn't give two hoots.

I'm waiting for gender to enter the picture with heterosexuals refusing the vaccine over multi-gender people as a poll result.

Then we'll get the big kahuna .....

obese people faring better with covid than skinny people as a poll result.

Old 10-04-2021, 06:38 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Not quite. As I understand it, Trump took it eventually - he may well have figured that since he already had covid, he was now at less of a risk - but did it privately and wasn't vocal to urge others. And Trump had little to do with the actual vaccine, since pharmaceuticals would have been rushing things no matter who was president. The ydidn't need any urging.
Just because that’s the way you understand it doesn’t make it so, and you don’t know what he figured. You’re assuming because Trump.

He was in charge and got it handled as quickly as possible. Sadly, the Dems continued with the impeachment process, wouldn’t endorse it until after the election, where it magically got released, and obviously cost folks lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies