Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2021, 05:08 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
The side effect cases are growing daily.
There’s too many happening now to totally hide and skew stats.
Actually they’ve probably been bad since day one but they’ve been doing a good job surprising these cases and hiding them from the public.
You realize the more people who get vaccinated, the more people have side effects correct? As for the VAERS conspiracy theory of more VAERS reports, people maybe more aware of submitting VAERS. During the recent Measles outbreak someone who was antivax and worked at a doctor's office claimed that they were told not to report to VAERS over some side effect and to not take their numbers seriously. I'm sure now, they changed their tune to fit their narrative. My narrative, the amounts are rather low for a percentage of the population who got vaxed. It is no different than those that said only 1% die of COVID back last year. Coincidence is the people who told us to disregard death, now tell us to highly regard the lotto winning odds for COVID vax related health issues.

Old 10-05-2021, 05:19 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,797,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Someone held her down and jabbed her???
King Inslee has Washington state living in such fear. He has also made it a mandate for many to keep their jobs. Just this past Sunday they had a protest against said mandate in Olympia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Hold on.

You are blaming her for getting the vaccine, after the POTUS said on NATIONAL TELEVISION that if you get the vaccine you won’t die, you won’t end up in the hospital?

Just this past Friday, when commenting about school kids in California having to get the vaccine, you pointed out that are other mandatory vaccines...

“What are you afraid of?” you wrote!!

You have been one of the biggest advocates of vaccines and now you blame HER for listening to people such as yourself?

Get out of here with that BS.

Between this and you trying to convince us all is well and good with the supply chain, I’m really questioning your purpose on here.

I hope the family goes after Inslee and his craziness. He's running Washington state into the dang ground with all his mandates.

Old 10-05-2021, 05:25 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,370,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The problem is we are too partisan. In particularly, one party's followers are conspiracy theorists that believe they are right regardless of the lack of evidence or even the contraryian evidence bright to their attention.
Unfortunately, that party controls all the legacy/default media (NYT, WaPo, NBC, etc.) and has the power to make truth out of falsehood.

Old 10-05-2021, 05:28 PM

Quote:
No more so than the pro-vax, Covid hysterical fear mongers.

What is your take on the the fact that she lived in ultra liberal Seattle, probably only accessed liberal and biased media, and so forth. Did she really have the necessary information on which to base her decision?
In an article from the Seattle times, she wanted to be a room mom and be active in her kids education. But due to King Inslee's mandate, she had to take it just to be that active point.
https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...-complication/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeminoleTom View Post
Is there a local news story on Mrs. Wilson? Its sad she passed away- I'm sure she is with the lord. It's heartbreaking for her family however.

But it's hard to tell if this is completely truthful. I'm not rushing to judgement on it. In today's world its almost like we can't trust any article or story. We need to rely on our own personal experience. Of all the people I know that have had the vaccine no one has died.

I did a search on her name and only conservative "news" links show up.
I shared a link from the Seattle Times. You can also check KOMO and King 5. Both are big news agencies for the area.

Old 10-05-2021, 06:05 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,308,232 times
Quote:
The CDC announced today that 498 children have died from Covid. While heartbreaking, that is significantly less than the annual number of deaths due to car accidents and drownings.

And yet you are all in favor of mandatory vaccinations for children. Why aren’t you advocating for banning cars and lakes and swimming pools?

Maybe because you are fear mongering?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...mic-began.html
hmmm...

Quote:
Young and healthy people tend to experience less threatening symptoms than adults with underlying conditions, according to the CDC
I guess this is in their Weekly Summary? I want to see just how much the CDC admits to.

Old 10-05-2021, 06:10 PM

and this, from the same article...
Quote:
Researchers from Harvard Medical School in Boston, Massachusetts, looked at more than 5,000 under-18s who contracted the virus.

They found that fewer than one in 10 children were battling so-called 'long Covid' three to five months after first testing positive.
Quote:
Only 15 percent developed symptoms at any point during their infections, with most seeing symptoms disappear within 30 days.
Quote:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Dr Rochelle Walensky has previously estimated between two percent and three percent of children suffer from long Covid.
Quote:
During the acute period of infection, between 14 and 30 days after first falling ill, 14.8 percent experienced symptoms.

This percentage fell to just 7.2 percent experiencing long-term symptoms more than three months later.

The most common symptoms were headache and anxiety, each with 2.4 percent of patients reporting these conditions.

Rounding out the top five were cognition (2.3 percent), fatigue (1.1 percent) and sleep problems (0.6 percent).

Old 10-05-2021, 06:16 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
You realize the more people who get vaccinated, the more people have side effects correct? As for the VAERS conspiracy theory of more VAERS reports, people maybe more aware of submitting VAERS. During the recent Measles outbreak someone who was antivax and worked at a doctor's office claimed that they were told not to report to VAERS over some side effect and to not take their numbers seriously. I'm sure now, they changed their tune to fit their narrative. My narrative, the amounts are rather low for a percentage of the population who got vaxed. It is no different than those that said only 1% die of COVID back last year. Coincidence is the people who told us to disregard death, now tell us to highly regard the lotto winning odds for COVID vax related health issues.
This.

Old 10-05-2021, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Fine.

Switch my definitions.

She wasn't forced or coerced. She felt pressure and made a choice of her own free will.
she wasn't forced, but she was coerced.

"If you want ____, then you must do _______" is coercion.

Yes, she could have said "I feel so strongly that I personally don't need the vax that I am willing to forgo participating at my child's school".

Spoken like a true anarchist with zero concern for community, you play the part well.

Old 10-05-2021, 06:54 PM

1,811 posts, read 899,992 times
Quote:
The problem is we are too partisan. In particularly, one party's followers are conspiracy theorists that believe they are right regardless of the lack of evidence or even the contraryian evidence bright to their attention.
And the OTHER party believes everything that spews out of the mouths of their benevolent leaders without question. Like lemmings headed towards the edge of the cliff they faithfully follow.

Old 10-05-2021, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
she wasn't forced, but she was coerced.

"If you want ____, then you must do _______" is coercion.

Yes, she could have said "I feel so strongly that I personally don't need the vax that I am willing to forgo participating at my child's school".

Spoken like a true anarchist with zero concern for community, you play the part well.
Exactly right. When we lived in Washington state, many parents were very active with the schools, their childs classrooms and also some of the best relationships I had with their teachers. It really made the community in the area we lived so much better than I could ever ask for. So I totally get where she was coming from. It's sad that for her to have that, it resulted in having to get this shot that ended her life. No one should be put into that position.
I mean this did happen Sunday.
https://www.theolympian.com/news/loc...254738867.html
Washington state is over Inslee and his mandates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies