Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2021, 09:51 AM

10,335 posts, read 4,227,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
I'll repeat myself:
ALL responsible parents should self organize into home schooling coops and take their children out of public schools. Period. Unless you are in states without all this brainwashing your children. No, you do not need fancy education and diplomas to be well in your life. You need basic knowledge and common sense and arms, growing out of your shoulders. I have living example in my family.

hmmm, Im not into pushing that egg up the hill. I was once my sons 2nd grade teacher using the PA cyber system with Calvert instruction material. Its a crap ton of work for a working parent and if you are a working parent, you need a post-toddler daycare that is education friendly - meaning willing to look over shoulders. Most adults cannot stay focused so its unrealistic to expect the kids to do it.

that is why I vote yes for every school funding referendums when they come about for EDUCATION, not CRT or other trash.

I read many orders of magnitude more posts here than I write and Im sorry to say, much of the people who do post have at best a dim recognition of our contemporary US and world history, which is key to understand the past whys to prevent future 'how abouts?'

I dont wanna be antagonistic, but Im sorry, at present, if you support ANY of the current left wing initiatives at the fed, state or local levels, then you are the LEAST prepared to educate anyone as you yourself lack basic education down to base survival. This and this alone is the major driving force behind the total failure of well, everything at the moment. WE have painted ourselves into a corner where the paint can be considered 'bubbling lava' to reference a childs game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2021, 09:53 AM

17,346 posts, read 9,166,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Volunteer school board members should not have to tolerate threats by these nuts that think only their opinion matters.
My School Board is Elected, they run for office. They are accountable to the Citizens.
Our School board does not receive a salary, it’s more a leg up to run for future office.
It’s a fact that the Opinions of Parents DO matter, particularly at Election time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Leftist activists can come to your house with bullhorns. Film you in the bathroom. Loot your business. Burn police stations. The FBI does nothing.

But if conservative parents raise their voices at a school board meeting, they’re hunted down as terrorists.

The law is dead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
Critical race theory promotes violence, racial discrimination, and race conflict.
It's good to see parents challenging this garbage.

Not surprised to see the Gestapo (e.g. FBI) being used to stop them.
If we want to defeat fascism in America, we all have to do our part.
MY PART right now is to print out this letter that was sent to Biden and ask if MY School Board voted for this to represent there viewpoints.

https://www.scribd.com/document/5290...ols#from_embed

I will send a copy of the letter to each School Board member, each member of the Board of Governors, the School Superintendent & Mayor & City Council Members.

The Citizens deserve to know if our Civic Leaders agree with these statements purporting to represent their views. They claim to represent all School Boards & want the FOJ, FBI, Secret Service & Homeland Security to go after these “Domestic Terrorists”, otherwise known as Parents & those who ELECTED the School Board.

Additionally, NSBA requests that such review examine appropriate enforceable actions against these crimes and acts of violence under the Gun-Free School Zones Act, the PATRIOT Act in regards to domestic terrorism, the Matthew Shepard and James Byrd Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act, the Violent Interference with Federally Protected Rights statute, the Conspiracy Against Rights statute

Pay attention to your Local Government & hold them accountable - Parents & Citizens have a right and obligation to oversight of School Boards and Elected Officials

Old 10-05-2021, 09:57 AM

5,814 posts, read 2,705,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I've never understood the opposition to CRT. If our truth is so wonderful, why are people trying to create laws to prevent schools from teaching it?

Seems like people want to 'whitewash' our history.
It's about teaching white students that they're the problem and they've oppressed others. (Which isn't true, how can a 10 year old oppress someone in the past?)

Old 10-05-2021, 10:00 AM

17,368 posts, read 6,705,460 times
You would think the FBI would have better things to focus on like gangs, terrorism, human trafficking, etc.

Not under this awful administration, which is using the apparatus of government to wage war against those who disagree with left wing politics. Obama/Biden did the same thing with the IRS and got away with it.

I hope the people cheering this administration and its abuses someday get persecuted for their political beliefs.

Old 10-05-2021, 10:05 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,468,144 times
Critical Race Theory is just that: a theory. It isn’t historical facts, presented in chronological order. It takes a dose of history, adds “what if’s”, and teaches children bias as much as it does actual history. It’s a terrible methodology for instruction.

Old 10-05-2021, 10:26 AM

7,083 posts, read 4,692,151 times
All those dissenting people who have thoughts dissimilar from the regime state must be crushed. What’s next? Labor camps? The left are insane.

Old 10-05-2021, 10:36 AM

1,862 posts, read 777,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
You would think the FBI would have better things to focus on like gangs, terrorism...
They consider those who oppose this as terrorists

Old 10-05-2021, 10:39 AM

27,534 posts, read 15,980,673 times
Weaponization of all fed appointments should be obvious to everyone by now.

Old 10-05-2021, 10:40 AM

10,335 posts, read 4,227,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
All those dissenting people who have thoughts dissimilar from the regime state must be crushed. What’s next? Labor camps? The left are insane.

'labor camps' are in the 3.5T bill.

'climate conservation corps', similar to FDRs 'civivlian' and 'youth' initiatives. IT is stated that they are for the chronically un and under employed and have hinted at groups that can be considered 'politica l enemies'

reality however, in The old USSR, those who were engineers before takeover, were engineers after, but under gunpoint. those who were scientists before, were also after, but under gunpoint, those who had skilled trades before, ditto, but under gunpoint. the very people who led the uprising (lookitup), ended up as worker proles. and in the camps. so all the under employed, under educated, legal pot smoking, xbox playing 'slackers' (to gather up all the stereotypes in one convenient take home package) - ready for your new career involving shovels and rakes and the like? its the next natural progression...

Old 10-05-2021, 10:41 AM

56,952 posts, read 25,891,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
Not all school board members are volunteers, they may not work full time but many do get paid for the work that they do. While that doesn't justify them being threatened, respect goes both ways. School Board members need to not have such arrogance that they think their opinion is the only one that matters and ignores the desires of the parents.

With that said...it is also up to the parents to do what they can to get rid of these board members with who they disagree.

One thing that is often forgotten though. It is not just parents who put these school board members into office. It is any voter in that district. So you could have someone who has never had kids, had kids in schools 20 years ago, or puts their kids in private school voting for these people. So even if every single parent in a school opposes a member, they still may not have any say in getting that person out.
Agree with everything you said except school board members not being volunteers and being paid. School board members are paid a minimum stipend if anything from my experience and yes they volunteer to run and attend public meetings and other planning committees. There is a short list of people willing to devote their time for anything other than being able to help the school.

The largest issue in the past was the budget, this is new and the attendance at meetings was anemic, maybe a few percent take the time.

People have a right to voice their opinion over school board issues in an intelligent and respectful manner, they don't have a right to shout over people and threaten the school board members. School boards do not generally develop the curriculum or choose the text books, that is usually done at the state level. But if you don't like the way the members are handling the district then vote them out. The terms are usually a few years, they can be replaced come election time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies