Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2021, 06:10 AM

21,474 posts, read 10,572,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
How is it a fail ? It certainly brings to light that the Democrats want to go light on crime. As far as trying to say Democratic cities are the only ones with crime, well that isn't true.

Did you even read the first post ? How can a DA want to decline charging people for crimes ? Show me any other party that wants to decline charging criminals. Seems to be only one.

This isn't about hate, it's about terrible policies and horrible picks for important positions. Are you really okay with this ?

CHARGES TO BE DECLINED
Charges for which the Default is to Decline Prosecuting (unless supervisor permission is obtained).

Trespassing
Shoplifting (including offenses that are essentially shoplifting but charged as larceny)
Larceny under $250
Disorderly conduct
Disturbing the peace
Receiving stolen property
Minor driving offenses, including operating with a suspend or revoked license
Breaking and entering — where it is into a vacant property or where it is for the purpose of sleeping or seeking refuge from the cold and there is no actual damage to property
Wanton or malicious destruction of property
Threats – excluding domestic violence
Minor in possession of alcohol
Drug possession
Drug possession with intent to distribute
A stand alone resisting arrest charge, i.e. cases where a person is charged with resisting arrest and that is the only charge
A resisting arrest charge combined with only charges that all fall under the list of charges to decline to prosecute, e.g. resisting arrest charge combined only with a trespassing charge

https://rollins4da.com/policy/charges-to-be-declined/
I guess we get to see the opposite of broken windows theory. We will get to the murder rate of the late ‘80s, early ‘90s soon and then the pendulum will swing the other way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2021, 06:17 AM

20,046 posts, read 20,850,556 times
Quote:
That seems pretty obvious. Although, there is going to be a point where people are going to start connecting the dots, seeing that these policies from the left coincide with crime rising. I don't care whom one votes for, nobody wants to see crime rising in the area they live.
They don’t learn, or don’t care. They will continue to vote the same.
Democrats are good at dangling carrots that you will never catch.
Oldest trick in their book. They do this every time they want something(like votes) but they never deliver.
And these stupid people fall for it every single time. That, and “outrage” campaigning. Get everyone all fired up and bent out of shape.

Old 10-06-2021, 07:06 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justus978 View Post
...the plan is to instill and foster as much 'chaos' as can be tolerated by the masses....because 'they' know there is a limit to what the sheep will take before the pot erupts, and that is never good for 'them'...

...that being said, a cursory look at history will show you this is nothing new, same game different players...and it always, for most, ends badly...

...i see posters spiraling out here about the state of things and wonder how many of you have a garden, some chickens maybe, attend a local church, do you even know who your neighbor is?....real wealth and security don't come from what's in your wallet it comes from community...

...if history is any guide, this will not end good for the people of the united states, and all the angry typing on a keyboard will not change what's going to transpire...put your energy elsewhere, stand strong, or don't...
The public will tolerate A LOT before the pot erupts though, (if it ever does actually)...look at those who truly believe the election was STOLEN...(that is STILL not enough for them to take any action!!) LOL

If they will tolerate theft of the highest office in the land...pretty good bet they will tolerate most anything

Old 10-06-2021, 07:12 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,643,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
The public will tolerate A LOT before the pot erupts though, (if it ever does actually)...look at those who truly believe the election was STOLEN...(that is STILL not enough for them to take any action!!) LOL

If they will tolerate theft of the highest office in the land...pretty good bet they will tolerate most anything
Ever think that many of these individuals still believe in our system of checks and balances and feel if it truly was stolen, it will eventually come out ? Not everything has to resort to violence.

For the record, I don't think the election was stolen. I do think that four years of propaganda, negative press, and in some cases his mouth, are what caused him to lose.

Old 10-06-2021, 07:14 AM

1,969 posts, read 676,075 times
Quote:
Ever think that many of these individuals still believe in our system of checks and balances and feel if it truly was stolen, it will eventually come out ? Not everything has to resort to violence.

For the record, I don't think the election was stolen. I do think that four years of propaganda, negative press, and in some cases his mouth, are what caused him to lose.
Don't buy it for a minute. I still see Trump flags waving around in North NJ.

Old 10-06-2021, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logiatype View Post
Don't buy it for a minute. I still see Trump flags waving around in North NJ.
Don't buy what ?

Old 10-06-2021, 07:17 AM

More Democratic idiocracy. Is Chicago become Thunderdome ? Two men enter, one man leaves....

the state’s attorney’s office’s decision to decline charges in a different light: “Mutual combatants was cited as the reason for the rejection.” Mutual combat is a legal term used to define a fight or struggle that two parties willingly engage in.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/62058724-post1.html

Old 11-12-2021, 08:06 AM

And this is the group so many of our politicians and our populace support. I wonder if we will see corporations trying to distance themselves ?

"It's pretty much how Eric Adams wants to go about it," BLM's Chivona Newsome said. "That's how Black Lives Matter Greater New York will address the problem. If he wants to see the city in an uprising, we can give him that."

https://abc7ny.com/eric-adams-black-...city/11224880/

"If they think they are going to go back to the old ways of policing, then we are going to take to the streets again. There will be riots. There will be fire and there will be bloodshed," Newsome said after the meeting. "There's no way we're going to let some Gestapos come in here and harm our people. We pray for peace, but Black opportunities prepare for the worst."

https://www.fox5ny.com/news/black-li...ck-police-unit

Old 11-12-2021, 08:23 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:

This is America...we defend our system of Govt...if someone manages to 'steal' the highest seat of power in the country, that cannot be tolerated.

It wouldnt be violence in the sense of the word though, it would be patriotic action, the appropriate course to take that at point.

Old 11-12-2021, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
This is America...we defend our system of Govt...if someone manages to 'steal' the highest seat of power in the country, that cannot be tolerated.

It wouldnt be violence in the sense of the word though, it would be patriotic action, the appropriate course to take that at point.
Great. What have you done, or suggest ? You taking the lead on this ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies