Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2021, 01:40 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
Nope. Although he works remotely right now, many employees have resumed traveling and he probably will too at some point. The policy is that all must be vaccinated. It's not a problem for him. He received both Moderna shots in the spring.
Okay, so the expectation of travel is there. I was thinking he worked remotely 100% of the time and that wasn't going to change.

I think we're going to see many companies mandating the vaccine without an option for testing, as I've posted previously. Fear of the test running out, with the shortage of goods we're facing, will leave businesses in a bind as to what to do if/when that happens. They probably want to avoid that.

My company is making plans in case this becomes law, but they really do not want to force people into getting a vaccine they may not want to get. I think more businesses should take this 'wait and see' approach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2021, 01:42 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,152,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Okay, so the expectation of travel is there. I was thinking he worked remotely 100% of the time and that wasn't going to change.

I think we're going to see many companies mandating the vaccine without an option for testing, as I've posted previously. Fear of the test running out, with the shortage of goods we're facing, will leave businesses in a bind as to what to do if/when that happens. They probably want to avoid that.

My company is making plans in case this becomes law, but they really do not want to force people into getting a vaccine they may not want to get. I think more businesses should take this 'wait and see' approach.
At some point, yes, but right now he's on a long-term remote contract, so it will be awhile. I think his employer is just trying to cover all its bases.

Old 10-10-2021, 01:47 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
At some point, yes, but right now he's on a long-term remote contract, so it will be awhile. I think his employer is just trying to cover all its bases.

Sounds like it. Lucky for him he doesn't have to worry about it, since he's vaccinated.

Old 10-10-2021, 02:07 PM

8,241 posts, read 3,495,089 times
Quote:
I posted too soon. He has been notified that he has until Dec 1st to provide proof of vaccination.
Sorry

Old 10-12-2021, 11:36 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,813,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResistTheReset View Post
Irrelevant. This is a deflection.
It's not a deflection. Race, sex, sexual orientation, etc. are protected by law. I have no say in these as the law has already decided.

Old 10-12-2021, 11:38 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,813,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
I hate idiots. So when you lay out arguments like one I give you back the way you deserve. You don’t deserve anything better.
Your personal attack is telling. A bit of projection on your hate for idiots. Why don't you think highly of yourself?

Old 10-13-2021, 01:37 AM

366 posts, read 110,571 times
What about fully remote employees? I haven’t seen the inside of an office in 5 years. Wouldn’t be surprised with how ridiculous he covid situation is

Old 10-13-2021, 02:19 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,118,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelinnen View Post
What about fully remote employees? I haven’t seen the inside of an office in 5 years. Wouldn’t be surprised with how ridiculous he covid situation is
In theory, your employer could demand you be vaccinated or terminated. It wouldn't make any logical sense, but nothing about this does given vaccines we have don't do a good job at preventing transmission.

Biden's words were terribly unclear. We will need to wait from OHSA. But it could be that the requirement will not exclude remote workers. Remember, these mandates have NOTHING whatsoever to do with public health and everything to do with increasing vaccination rates. They've taken to bullying businesses and coercing wage earners.

Old 10-15-2021, 10:39 AM

3,048 posts, read 1,152,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Sorry
No reason to be sorry. He was vaccinated this past May. He just hadn't yet been asked to provide proof yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies