Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2021, 12:47 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,818,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
BTW…the new PC term is “exit”.
“We will have no choice but to exit employees that do not comply”.
Do these scumbags really think changing the terminology is going to be some pc marketing stroke of genius that will make people think differently?
“Oh well at least they weren’t fired” “they exited their employment”

ouch
Are you new to employment? The term "exit" has been used in this manner for decades.

Last edited by TexasLawyer2000; 10-05-2021 at 12:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2021, 12:53 PM

20,073 posts, read 20,883,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
Are you knew to employment? The term "exit" has been used in this manner for decades.
I’m not “knew” to employment. But I am retired.
And I’ve never heard that term used before to describe being “fired”.
Been in the work force a very long time. Must be some corporate “educated” mumbo jumbo type of lingo.
All I’ve been seeing is “fired” until the last few weeks when I started noticing that “exit” term being utilized more. So there.

Old 10-05-2021, 02:43 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,632,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
I’m not “knew” to employment. But I am retired.
And I’ve never heard that term used before to describe being “fired”.
Been in the work force a very long time. Must be some corporate “educated” mumbo jumbo type of lingo.
All I’ve been seeing is “fired” until the last few weeks when I started noticing that “exit” term being utilized more. So there.
I've never heard that phrase before. I think people think their regional phrases are heard by everyone, so they need to school others.

And I'm not *knew* to employment either. Or spelling.

Old 10-05-2021, 02:47 PM

1,065 posts, read 472,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonegg View Post
Have to be fully vaccinated by mid Nov at my job. No word yet on what exactly will happen to those that are not by that deadline. We were all required to complete an online questionnaire on our vaccine status. I know one who resigned and a few who said they will. Given this is a country-wide mandate, I am curious where they think they will find employment.
We just have to fill out a form that says we haven't had any covid symptoms.

Old 10-05-2021, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
That^^^
Im vaxxed

I am against the mandate
I think this will screw up the economy more than it is already.
That seems to be the goal. I'm against the mandate, as well and hope OSHA refuses to do anything with this.

Old 10-05-2021, 02:52 PM

1,065 posts, read 472,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
Are you new to employment? The term "exit" has been used in this manner for decades.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I've never heard that phrase before. I think people think their regional phrases are heard by everyone, so they need to school others.
It's not regional. I've worked all over the US and it's a common phrase. Hirschman (1970) has a good writeup on it in his books.

It's not PC either as was erroneously claimed earlier. It's more like people who hear something for the first time feel they need to label it PC rather than taking a minute to learn about it.

Old 10-05-2021, 03:51 PM

20,073 posts, read 20,883,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgorilla View Post
It's not regional. I've worked all over the US and it's a common phrase. Hirschman (1970) has a good writeup on it in his books.

It's not PC either as was erroneously claimed earlier. It's more like people who hear something for the first time feel they need to label it PC rather than taking a minute to learn about it.
Yeah yeah whatever.

Old 10-05-2021, 03:55 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,394,490 times
The next term will be "offed" in a different context.

Old 10-05-2021, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgorilla View Post

Saying, 'We'll have to exit employees' and using the word 'exit' as a verb is a commonplace term, yet some of us have never heard of it. I've worked for various companies in Chicago and never heard it. Exit strategy, exit interview, not exit employees as a verb.

Old 10-05-2021, 04:00 PM

9,525 posts, read 4,353,259 times
Mine is. No vaccine, no job. This should be interesting. I know of some very valuable employees who will walk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies