Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2021, 07:47 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Other cities are doing this. Are you that unaware of what’s going on across the country or just gaslighting?
Pay attention to the conversation and stop piggybacking just to argue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2021, 07:48 PM

21,475 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Are you aware of the lawsuit filed and won in Harris county regarding bail?
I’ve heard of it but they are still doing it. The guy who shot David Castro while recently released from prison was released in September 2021. I’m not sure court rulings or laws matter to activists and our sitting president. The Supreme Court ruled that Biden has to follow the Remain in Mexico policy but he ignores it. He also ignored the court ruling about evictions as long as possible. And clearly, these Harris County judges ignore this lawsuit.

Old 10-05-2021, 07:50 PM

1,768 posts, read 716,109 times
Witnessed a carjacking in a liberal city in broad daylight in a nice area last week. Took police 40 minutes to show up.

Old 10-05-2021, 07:52 PM

21,475 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
I’m not piggybacking. These two issues are related.

Old 10-05-2021, 08:00 PM

16,556 posts, read 10,630,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I wish people would just stop with the “you voted for this so live with it” attitude. Not everyone voted for it, and at least half of the ones who did vote for it are naive fools who don’t even understand where their party is right now or what defunding police will do.

There is also the dark money people like George Soros spent on district attorney races throughout the country in 2018, where idiot defund the police activists got elected and now refuse to keep people in jail that need to be there. Many of them put out announcements upon winning election stating what crimes they would no longer prosecute, which is essentially an invitation to crime.

Remember that Democrats. This is what YOU voted for!
Yes, I'm aware that not every single person in Austin voted for this. But the city as a whole did vote for it, and the city as a whole is going to suffer for it. As for the naive fools, I have absolutely no sympathy for them whatsoever. If one is too stupid to understand what they're voting for, they shouldn't vote at all. Or they should inform themselves on what is being voted on before pulling the lever.

Old 10-05-2021, 08:04 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,670,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
No, we are not It’s mass hysteria, coming to cities nationwide.

Not my city it's not. Lol here citizens would be arrested for helping the cops deal with all these fools. Help they wouldn't even need.

Old 10-05-2021, 08:32 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Our sheriff goes on Facebook a couple times a month to thank people for their help.

Old 10-05-2021, 09:25 PM

4,905 posts, read 2,057,413 times
I live in the metro Seattle area and it’s the same way here. The Progressive Liberals DEMANDED and fully SUPPORTED the defund the police movement AND now they’re crying after 1/4 of Seattle’s Patrol Officers either retired or quit. Now our 911 is basically doing the same, if you’re not being murdered or raped, good luck with a cop showing up. Also, with more officers that will be quitting within the next 3 months, it’s going to get a lot worse. Currently, a 911 Priority Call, you are being murdered or raped, the now response time is 10-11 minutes for an armed officer to show up.

Also!! The same Progressive Liberals are shocked that now career criminals have figured this out that they are now in charge and know that they have that 10-11 minutes to “conduct their business.” Like many, I avoid going into Seattle proper and when I have to, I do what I have to do and leave immediately…. No more having a meal or do a little shopping in the city where I was born and raised.

The people of Austin, Texas shouldn’t be shocked, cuz they voted for all their craziness. If they were so concerned than they need to vote, on facts, not feelings. AND!! Remember that voting does have consequences AND now, many will have a painful, if not, a deadly outcome.

All I can say is that the voters in Austin and other liberal cities need to be careful. Here in Washington State, the Police can no longer stop anybody on “Reasonable Suspicion.” Basically, if the police receive a call of a home burglary in progress and say it takes them 10-11 minutes, to get to the given address, but as they’re responding, they see a guy/gal two blocks away from the given address, walking with a 65” flat screen TV, the police CANNOT, by our new law, detain him/her to conduct a “field interview/investigation.” Yes, the police can stop you, but if the cop asks you what are you doing here, your name/address or where did he/she get the TV since all they need to say is “I have nothing to say to you” and basically, “kiss off,” the cops have to let you go since there is no probable cause to arrest you or detain you for an investigation.

All I know is that it’s going to get a lot more crazier before 2024.

Old 10-05-2021, 11:29 PM

12,199 posts, read 7,225,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
More reason to own a firearm
More reason to not vote Democrat. Democrat will try to make your firearm illegal and also make the law work against you should you use that firearm, even to protect yourself.

Just avoid all the problems to begin with and just never vote Democrat.

Old 10-05-2021, 11:30 PM

12,199 posts, read 7,225,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
You literally do this yourself in every thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies