Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2021, 05:44 PM

1,937 posts, read 823,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
I am no fan of Ocasio-Cortez but I dislike the constant disdain of her simply because she worked as a bartender. Many people have jobs like that at some point in their careers. I used to sell cars, now I'm a corporate attorney. My time selling cars has nothing to do with my credentials as an attorney. Ocasio-Cortez does have a degree in economics. Disagree with her on policy all you like (I usually do), but the constant drumbeat against her based oN her having worked as a bartender leaves the message flat since it fails to acknowledge she may have (and has) done other things.
Economics classes today deal with how to control the market and how the government needs to manipulate it, not how the market best works left alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2021, 05:55 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I'm not on Team Trump although I wish he had won instead of this blundering fool we have in the White House.

There are a lot of Democrats who aren't being funded by moveon.org, but the ones who are seem to be the ones who are further to the left and running larger cities, for the most part.

Now, if you're asking if everyone is funded by, and beholden to, others, I agree with you. But they may not have the same agenda Soros has, so there's a difference.
I hear that.

I don't think AOC plotted to be a shill for Soros as she started her political science career though. They most likely came to her as her star was rising and made an offer she couldn't refuse.

Old 10-05-2021, 06:03 PM

2,304 posts, read 2,962,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
If you read any statements in the news that come from AOC, one has to wonder who is actually telling her what to say.
I have read many lately in different news sources, and someone has to be writing what she states, or is flat out telling her what to say.
Her words are not the words of a bar maid.
I won't post any links, so as you browse the news, pay attention to the articles where AOC is commenting about issues, and as you read, bear in mind, this is a former employee in a local bar.
The transformation is unbelievable.
She has a college education and is articulate and thoughtful. What is it about your snarky remarks about her being a "bar maid"??? Feeling intimidated by a smart woman? They can't articulate their thoughts without someone coaching them what to say

Old 10-05-2021, 06:10 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
She needs to go away ray.

Old 10-05-2021, 06:19 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,162,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I hear that.

I don't think AOC plotted to be a shill for Soros as she started her political science career though. They most likely came to her as her star was rising and made an offer she couldn't refuse.

That would be my guess as well.

Old 10-05-2021, 06:43 PM

1,411 posts, read 565,878 times
She may possess some modicum of intelligence, but it is far overshadowed by her shrill histrionics, constant need for attention , hyper partisanship, and the absurd twaddle she spews forth to the dimwits who actually pay any attention to her.
Of course , any criticism of the darling results in those on the left mouthing the usual platitudes and excuses for this nitwit:
"Afraid of a strong woman", Must be a Trumpist", blah blah blah.
The same lickspittle poltroons that think she is a "serious politician", instead of a loudmouth twit, foisted upon us by 152,000 idiot NY voters, the same metro area & state that brought us odious scum like De Blasio, Schumer , Cuomo, Gillibrand, Nadler, etc.
Yeah, I know Orange Man Bad is from NY, but I have no use for him as a person, although he looks pretty good compared to the doddering fool in the White House now.

Old 10-05-2021, 07:09 PM

8,555 posts, read 10,978,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrmc View Post
"Telling her what to say?"

What do you mean?
You only have to read some of her comments about what the government should, and shouldn't be doing, to know these are not the words of a person that worked in a bar, prior to being elected to office.
She has not been in office long enough to have a grasp on the things she is touting, or the manner in which she uses to make her point.
It all seems to rehearsed, and in stark contrast to what a woman working in a small neighborhood bar would possibly say.

I have nothing against people who work in bars, just that this particular person seems to have stepped from minimal employment to in your face controversy, with unabashed conviction.
Either she is being coached by someone, or she is much smarter than the average bar hop.
I choose to believe she is a fake, and is being coached by some group.

Old 10-05-2021, 07:34 PM

8,555 posts, read 10,978,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQSunseeker View Post
She has a college education and is articulate and thoughtful. What is it about your snarky remarks about her being a "bar maid"??? Feeling intimidated by a smart woman? They can't articulate their thoughts without someone coaching them what to say
Irrespective of her education, there is no way in hell a bar maid(or whatever) comes up with the way she presents issues.
Her words, and the way they are presented, are not her's, and that is for certain.
People with minimal jobs neither talk that way, or have the knowledge to perpetuate the issues, as she so often does.
The woman is being coached.

It's kind of like taking Polly Holiday (Flo, on the sitcom Alice) a somewhat uncaring waitress, and putting her in the congress, and now she not only demands attention, but speaks on a much higher level that what her waitress job called for.
Again, being coached what to say ,and how to say it.
AOC is another Flo.

Old 10-05-2021, 07:51 PM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Irrespective of her education, there is no way in hell a bar maid(or whatever) comes up with the way she presents issues.
Her words, and the way they are presented, are not her's, and that is for certain.
People with minimal jobs neither talk that way, or have the knowledge to perpetuate the issues, as she so often does.
The woman is being coached.

It's kind of like taking Polly Holiday (Flo, on the sitcom Alice) a somewhat uncaring waitress, and putting her in the congress, and now she not only demands attention, but speaks on a much higher level that what her waitress job called for.
Again, being coached what to say ,and how to say it.
AOC is another Flo.
Interesting you see her as a one dimensional person. You see a bartender.

I see a college graduate with a double major who interned for Teddy Kennedy. Then went home to help her mom through the court system.

Old 10-05-2021, 07:58 PM

43,100 posts, read 18,269,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Interesting you see her as a one dimensional person. You see a bartender.

I see a college graduate with a double major who interned for Teddy Kennedy. Then went home to help her mom through the court system.
Now that we got that out of the way. Forget the person.

Where did she get the policies she's pushing...green new deal, medicare for all, turn all workers into union workers, etc. ??

It's not the Democratic Party platform.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies