Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2021, 09:30 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,579 posts, read 17,923,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Ford, don't argue with crazy bro. That is a lose-lose situation.
It seems to you, honest question, that Google is wanting to collect information on their customers, and turn them in to Law Enforcement?

Truly, this is an honest question. It seems to you that Google is interested in making their customers afraid of being turned in to LE for their online google searches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2021, 09:35 PM

11,237 posts, read 11,014,130 times
[quote=ClaraC;62084566]It seems to you, honest question, that Google is wanting to collect information on their customers, and turn them in to Law Enforcement?[quote]

Yes, absolutely, dependent on their political leanings. Google at its core has no redemptive values. Like I said before, you may call us "tin hat" people, but we all see where the country is headed under leftist control. Stay the part of the frog in the boiling water if you will.

Old 10-09-2021, 09:37 PM

35,662 posts, read 21,025,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasb...h=2b09089e7c97

"The U.S. government is secretly ordering Google to provide data on anyone typing in certain search terms, an accidentally unsealed court document shows. There are fears such “keyword warrants” threaten to implicate innocent Web users in serious crimes and are more common than previously thought."

Don't use Google! Evil company!

Will there be any consequences for this?
The government can tap into any internet site with proper reason. There are no secrets - and have not been in forever. Snitching and subpoenas, nothing new except the avenues of information, now social media.

Old 10-09-2021, 10:20 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,361,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I choose not to click on ^.

Here is the source of the source, a Forbes article.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasb...h=3b0ad7c47c97

Such warrants are nothing new.

I assume zero online privacy and don’t have anything to hide.

Since I use a credit card for nearly everything, including $1 ice tea or Cokes at Mc Donald’s and belong to too many loyalty plans, I assume my purchasing habits are on record, somewhere.

I have a smart phone too.

If this information helps LE find a kidnapper, rapist, killer, terrorist etc so be it.

Hall monitor syndrome.

Old 10-09-2021, 10:21 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

[quote=ditchlights;62084587][quote=ClaraC;62084566]It seems to you, honest question, that Google is wanting to collect information on their customers, and turn them in to Law Enforcement?
Quote:

Yes, absolutely, dependent on their political leanings. Google at its core has no redemptive values. Like I said before, you may call us "tin hat" people, but we all see where the country is headed under leftist control. Stay the part of the frog in the boiling water if you will.
I've never called anyone "tin hat" people.

Google is a miracle of ingenuity, that has allowed ALL of us to enjoy having all of our questions answered, lickety split quick. An amazing technology.

Google doesn't want to turn their customers over to Law Enforcement for prosecution. They want to continue to make money, from people who want answers to all their questions. That's their business model. Answer questions their customers ask.

They're now about to be forced to turn in their customer names to Law Enforcement, against their wishes, and against their contracts with their customers.

Old 10-09-2021, 10:23 PM

6,002 posts, read 2,829,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
They're now about to be forced to turn in their customer names to Law Enforcement, against their wishes, and against their contracts with their customers.
But, there aren't any warrants. So, how are they being forced?

Old 10-09-2021, 10:25 PM

[quote=FordBronco1967;62084755][quote=ClaraC;62084744]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post

But, there aren't any warrants. So, how are they being forced?
Go back to the OP article. "The US government is secretly ordering google to provide data" . . .

Old 10-09-2021, 10:25 PM

[quote=ClaraC;62084744][quote=ditchlights;62084587]
Quote:
It seems to you, honest question, that Google is wanting to collect information on their customers, and turn them in to Law Enforcement?

I've never called anyone "tin hat" people.

Google is a miracle of ingenuity, that has allowed ALL of us to enjoy having all of our questions answered, lickety split quick. An amazing technology.

Google doesn't want to turn their customers over to Law Enforcement for prosecution. They want to continue to make money, from people who want answers to all their questions. That's their business model. Answer questions their customers ask.

How do you think they get child predators??? Think on that .

Old 10-09-2021, 10:27 PM

[quote=ClaraC;62084761][quote=FordBronco1967;62084755]
Quote:

Go back to the OP article. "The US government is secretly order google to turn over" . . .
It’s a secret to who ?? If I could tell you how many subpoenas Google gets daily from all over, you would probably faint. It’s not hidden, just not advertised.

Old 10-09-2021, 10:27 PM

6,002 posts, read 2,829,399 times
[quote=ClaraC;62084761][quote=FordBronco1967;62084755]
Quote:

Go back to the OP article. "The US government is secretly order google to provide data" . . .
But, if there aren't any warrants, there's no legal implications if they don't comply. That's the scary part. They're complying on their own will, which is a breach in the trust of their customers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies